Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

icantfindaname posted:

Also, like, Australia is probably the closest comparison to the US and is a shithole, but is still a lot more well-functioning and less lovely than the US

If Australia is a shithole, where is not a shithole? Where offers a good example or a hint of what the vision should be? This isn’t necessarily directed at you, because I agree that the US is exceptionally bad in many ways and that even the better rated places in the world still have major problems.

On a different note, I think the appeal of progressivism is it can offer some tangible-seeming outcomes to people. There are specific policy reforms that people can understand without having to wade into the entirely different vocabulary of many strains of leftism. I think most people would consider me a leftist, but goddamn if it wouldn’t be easier without the forays into abstraction and semantics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU