Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Also very into this. I mean, I don't get a lot of it, but it's still fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Cory Parsnipson posted:

So I guess the moral of the story is that [b]Nintendo switch thumbsticks are extremely picky about being handled
Oh, word? Switch thumbsticks break easily?? *Watches Link walk away on his own due to thumbstick drift*

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Very interesting stuff, but I keep finding myself thoroughly confused about why this stuff isn't like, a solved problem. It doesn't seem you're inventing some crazy new technology - Are there not people who have hooked up a raspberry pi to a screen and a battery? Why is there not a resource you can crib from that's just "use this battery, this switch, and this battery tender"?

I don't know if this reads as "you are doing something wrong", it's meant as "I'm surprised someone else hasn't done the same thing and documented it", you know?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I want you to succeed, but because it would be funny, I also secretly hope you can't move the icon from that spot on the screen.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Buy a screwdriver?? Surely the most reasonable option would be to print one?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I don't get why you didn't make it thinner. It seems like it would be better if it was thinner.

No, this is impressive as poo poo and has been a wild ride from "This seems like an ambitious idea for a project that won't finish" to "Holy poo poo, he's making it".

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Also thanks, dude. I'm counting on you to tell me if this project gets to the point where you'd want to have one. :downs:
Y'all got Breath Of The Wild 2 on that thing??

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

drat, that's so exciting that I'd buy 2, but I just don't have the space in my house for a second one.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

As the other guy that posts in this thread, allow me to also say yay.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I'm certainly not gonna be the only one not concurring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Cory Parsnipson posted:

I can go to Home Depot and buy their cedar/redwood. (I think they had redwood?) Trying not to lose and arm and leg getting materials for this thing...
Cedar can be annoying to work with, its real value is in holding up to the elements well. Something like oak will be your best bet for a reasonable price and look. If you've got a specific look in mind, ask the woodworking thread for economical recommendations.