Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Not gonna lie, the 8bit computer looks like a daunting multiyear effort for my, frankly amateur, soldering skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
oh fyi i got the pork rinds the other day i forgot to post pics

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's on breadboards so i don't think you'll have to solder!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just want to reiterate I liked my gift a lot and my boyfriend put in an order with the company :)

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Achmed Jones posted:

it's on breadboards so i don't think you'll have to solder!

in that case it'll take me much less time! opening it now

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i got a package! i'm not usually like this but i'm too hyped up rn from f5ing cspam all day and will open it up tomorrow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i got a package! i'm not usually like this but i'm too hyped up rn from f5ing cspam all day and will open it up tomorrow.

lol disregard my elf message, after i got back from work i hit pms before checking the thread.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

I'm really glad you liked it. :) That was the extent of the gift but I'd be happy to send more if you want.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

no need! I’m just glad we all had a happy yosmas so far.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I have received a gift and have already hit a software bug while recording a video for the thread. More to come.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
hmm what's this?

i opened the wrong end of the package and didn't actually see this till after laying everything out

jimmy cater lol

hell yeah swag. this will go well with my old sun microosystems and research in motion pieces i have around here somewhere. let's see what we got

a lotus windbreaker

youtube morale event maybe?

yahoo hoodie. mmm nextgeneration adexchange

i've even used hb before

not even sure who this one is

i can be an influencer

lol wework. if I open up the collar a bit this will indeed fit the dog

well, seriously with the sickos shirt from earlier i am definitely set. thank you so much jimmy carter!

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

hmm what's this?
not even sure who this one is

:toot: Flip it over for a surprise

edit: oh man thanks to whomever bought me a new av

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

Jimmy Carter posted:

:toot: Flip it over for a surprise

edit: oh man thanks to whomever bought me a new av

part of your santa gift! also, a video for how to make the martini from the kit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ61DWFM4c

FYI, I originally asked a professional to make you a new av of your old duck, and, well, you can always change it to this if you want. That day I learned that gig animation labor can be real hit/miss:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lol I like that one but then again I'm a sick pervert who should be segregated from polite society

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

In retrospect the try hard bad avatar may not have been the right choice over the no effort bad avatar... either way, Jimmy Carter flies planes and his duck should be flying in style

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
It's the best time of year…

however this is ominous

a friendly letter!

booooooooooooooo (it's okay I have tons of martini glasses and Lemons are still in season but it's the thought that counts)

fortunately… these cool cats showed up with no problems. Will report back on Monday Night with a trip report (I'm going away for the weekend and also I somehow don't own any ice trays)

I gave all the fidget spinners to my son to play with

Finally, the needful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq938HRUEA

Jimmy Carter fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 9, 2021

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that is awesome and funny minus the obvious (its u)

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
current Yosmas status:

having an extremely Gin time unpacking the last of moving boxes

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i'd like to avoid going back over all the unboxing posts and emails i've gotten. is there anyone who hasn't heard anything from their santa yet?

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

This looks *correct*:

Jimmy Carter posted:

current Yosmas status:

having an extremely Gin time unpacking the last of moving boxes

In other news, I got a bluetooth speaker for yosmas which gets a bad rap, but I tried it and it pumps music. Here, Winterlad is tiring himself out by holding the speaker as he and Wintergirl run in circles around the play house:

I also found out there's a whole separate piano line in the song they've played a thousand times. Good quality speaker. Merry yosmas.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
I need to post mine! Sorry santa it's been an insane few weeks in sniep household. I'll edit this later this afternoon! And the cheese is in my fridge still lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

eat the cheese sniep! it wont last forever. hope you liked the present my guy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
well, is that it? any bad santas ?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i hope sniep is okay and has eaten teh cheese

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

graph posted:

well, is that it? any bad santas ?

O poo poo, at least one bad santee here who keeps forgetting to post post post.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

eat the cheese sniep! it wont last forever. hope you liked the present my guy

I will eat the cheese! It's still in the fridge for now packed because your note said it was stinky and I'm really uncertain about stinky cheeses (I don't even like blue cheese) - but i will open it tonight! It's still looking fine in the vac seal though!

Sickos shirt is a ultimate classic thank you-

I have not yet watched but will be getting that into the library tonight! But thanks for hte DVD QUALITY RENDITION PUNK!!!!1

Thanks for the haul! Sorry that I've been so ditzed out the past couple months, it's been wild over here but thanks again!

e: it is now permanently in my Blu-Ray collection on my server where it will remain until i can get hte blu ray edition with the latest cgi remaster

kinda medium-shameful page of my plex library - a lot of good stuff in there, a lot bad, but hey lol. thanks again!

Sniep fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 25, 2021

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i think that's everyone. three sickos shirts not bad! i hope everyone had a good time this year.

i'll leave the thread open and we can unsticky w/e

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
thank you for your efforts fuzzy mammal! another successful yosmas :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sniep posted:

O poo poo, at least one bad santee here who keeps forgetting to post post post.

I will eat the cheese! It's still in the fridge for now packed because your note said it was stinky and I'm really uncertain about stinky cheeses (I don't even like blue cheese) - but i will open it tonight! It's still looking fine in the vac seal though!

Sickos shirt is a ultimate classic thank you-

I have not yet watched but will be getting that into the library tonight! But thanks for hte DVD QUALITY RENDITION PUNK!!!!1

Thanks for the haul! Sorry that I've been so ditzed out the past couple months, it's been wild over here but thanks again!

e: it is now permanently in my Blu-Ray collection on my server where it will remain until i can get hte blu ray edition with the latest cgi remaster

kinda medium-shameful page of my plex library - a lot of good stuff in there, a lot bad, but hey lol. thanks again!
hell yea!! glad everything made it there okay. merry yosmas!