Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I really hate that I picked Webb, then noticed he was teeing off when it was supposed to be raining and changed to Rose. Why did it have to storm too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

Tiger looks really good today - I think he's gonna be in the mix until the end.

:yeah:

Good luck to everyone, but this is the only thing I really care about.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That was an absolutely sick drive by Bryson.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Damnit, I drive home from picking my pup up from day care and the commentators are on now :(

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

What a putt from Tiger

Anno
May 10, 2017

I can’t remember, does Tiger rock the bladed collar anywhere else? Maybe that’s what has been missing the last few tournaments.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Anno posted:

I can’t remember, does Tiger rock the bladed collar anywhere else? Maybe that’s what has been missing the last few tournaments.

Ya it's almost his normal shirt lately. He even has a red one for sundays.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well my masters.com stream has completely poo poo the bed

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

AndrewP posted:

well my masters.com stream has completely poo poo the bed

I've been using the app on my iPad all morning and it's been rock solid.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tiger's 4 under now.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Wow, Tiger having an excellent opening 1st round should really scare everyone else.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

mattfl posted:

I've been using the app on my iPad all morning and it's been rock solid.

it's back.

The My Group is so cool in theory but it seems kind of behind and I can't get Oosthuizen off my feed (no offense to Mr. Oosthuizen)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol the lady on the stream I'm watching, on Bryson's putting: "You know the only thing I can contribute it to might be the lack of a greens book of some kind(?)"

No it's because outside of his driver his mechanics look like a loving brick poo poo house trying to put on lingerie and always have and golf desperately needs him to be the next Tiger and absolutely clearly isn't and he also looks like a pure rear end in a top hat doing it....ok phew.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Josh Lyman posted:

Just to be clear, were you entering the pool with Tiger as your pick? If not, Kameh you'll get Tiger which frees up Spieth.

No I just love tiger and wanted to say his name.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

just to be clear I also love tiger and want to kiss him on the lips and then make him drunkenly chase after me in his expensive car

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

No it's because outside of his driver his mechanics look like a loving brick poo poo house trying to put on lingerie and always have and golf desperately needs him to be the next Tiger and absolutely clearly isn't and he also looks like a pure rear end in a top hat doing it....ok phew.

Mods please make some portion of this the new thread title lmao

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The gently caress Bryson driving it 350 doesn't mean poo poo if that's your 141 yard shot.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

And of course he almost holes it from the beach. STOP INVALIDATING ME BRYSON

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kirios posted:

The gently caress Bryson driving it 350 doesn't mean poo poo if that's your 141 yard shot.

I agree and hopefully this will shut people up about him.....

I know I know, it won't.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

He quite literally isn't any fun to watch.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Christ that fairway bunker Oglethorpe just played from honestly looked like it had the texture of powdered sugar.
I've played with groomed bunkers before but nothing like that. Yowza.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Man I love it when Tiger is swinging his irons well. Every shot is a different flight, different curves. That lowish draw into 4 was cool as heck.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

No Michelle Wie, Tiger is not "showing off" for the amateur lol

Sorry she's horrible as an announcer.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There seems to be quite a bit of airmailing of greens, I wonder if it has anything to do with there being no galleries to help gauge depth perception. Not that that should be an issue with the yardage books these guys have.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Shrapnig posted:

There seems to be quite a bit of airmailing of greens, I wonder if it has anything to do with there being no galleries to help gauge depth perception. Not that that should be an issue with the yardage books these guys have.

It could also be mudballs not letting them get the spin like they're used to

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lmao drat, group got interrupted walking to the next hole when the ball skips the green and heads into the drink, so he stops, takes out a ball marker, and helpfully puts it on the bank where it crossed into the hazard. Nasty.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Watching Tiger smile and actually seem to enjoy golf lets me enjoy watching him, too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thrilla in vanilla posted:

No I just love tiger and wanted to say his name.
In that case, Kameh it looks like your pick is going to be reverted from Spieth to Tiger per your original post.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Yaaaaas, Wolff and Bubba playing together!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've always hated Vijay's swing style. I'm sorry it cost him that ball and me over a decade++ to say it but man I hate that compacted trashcan stance. I dunno why. It's short, it's effective, but pfft I hate seeing that.
I'm a golfer and former caddie and thank you for listening to my ted talk on weird things on golf.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Anyone else have every drive sounding like a drat gunshot on ESPN? This sound mix is hosed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1326910391235076103

spencer, thank you

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

lol nice dig on Bryson

Larry Mize averaged 240 off the tee and shot the same score as bryson who averaged 330+ off the tee

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It's weird to see Tiger smile like that after a good shot. WTF.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

now that's some Nike brand synergy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

First bogey-free round at the Masters since 2008 for Eldrick, lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Tiger is washed up and probably shouldn't have won last year, if not for epic collapses by Molinari and Koepka.

Look how horrible this take has aged in just one day! :)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What a fantastic top of the field. This Masters is going to be really good.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
yo, if you havent had sound on your feed refresh it and it should be there now.

i feel so dumb it took me this long to try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Well what a stroke of luck. Spieth continued his struggles today.

Edit: I got Tiger? LMAO