Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I got my first SA account in 2005. that year I participated in trad games secret Santa. I bought someone a GURPS Warehouse 23 supplement which was a cool as hell book at the time and still is. I never got anything back and this experience traumatized me. To this day I think my trust issues and violent night terrors stem from that fateful Christmas. Anyways I’m in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

what I want is anything related to mini wargaming. Surprise me. Also I’m in Massachusetts

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I got my first SA account in 2005. that year I participated in trad games secret Santa. I bought someone a GURPS Warehouse 23 supplement which was a cool as hell book at the time and still is. I never got anything back and this experience traumatized me. To this day I think my trust issues and violent night terrors stem from that fateful Christmas. Anyways I’m in

That is a harrowing tale! It is before my time, as I only took over TGSS in 2010. However, I can assure you that DeGrinchers are standing by and you 100% will not go ungifted no matter what. I promise.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I wasn't aware of this in previous years, but I'm all about it!

Gift Preferences
I've never played an 18xx or COIN game, so those interest me. I think those are expensive, though, like Splotter games, so I don't mind a used copy or a cheaper game with similar mechanics.

I collect xiangqi sets.

Anything homemade is also awesome.

Lastly, just send me whatever. I just like getting presents.

My General Location is Wisconsin

I give my Solemn Vow that I won't gently caress anyone over.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 16, 2020

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Jumping back on the Secret Santa train this year after missing out on the last couple.

Gift Preferences:
  • RPG's! I prefer dead trees when it comes to core books/lore supplements. Core books for cool systems or settings that I don't have would be neat. Besides FFG Star Wars (of which I definitely don't need more), I have the following physical core books already: FFG Legend of the Five Rings, Apocalypse World 2.0, D&D 5e, Star Trek Adventures, and Burning Wheel.
  • I'm currently all about solo RPGs like Ironsworn, or RPGs that can be easily made solo like Stars Without Number 2e. I have all of the Ironsworn and SWN PDF's, but I would love dead tree versions of these (if ordering from Drivethru, be sure to get printing done in EU/UK if you can). Likewise I'm all about the various things that make solo RPGs even more fun and tactile -- neat dice trays/cups/bags, fun/thematic notebooks to write down notes on adventures and worldbuilding, coins/markers/etc., various gaming accessories like that.
  • Likewise, system-agnostic setting books are neat too (like Red Tide, which I already own)
  • I've already got a huge backlog of minis that need painting, but in case you wanna go the minis route, I do mainly 40k and collect Dark Angels (Primaris pls) and Eldar. Brushes are always good and useful too, as are things like basing materials.

I'm not super into homemade stuff, but if it is both cool as heck and useful, I'd be on board! I also like beer/brewing, whisk(e)y/gin, cool art, books (history and sci-fi mainly), cooking, and hot sauce. Oh, and Star Trek.

General Location: near Frankfurt, Germany

Solemn Vow: 'Tis the season to be jolly (and not be a grinch), therefore I solemnly swear not to be bad!

Drone fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 24, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hook the flying kangaroos up to the sleigh, it's Santa time! My name is NTRabbit, and I am in a pretty decent place right now

Gift Preferences

I like all kinds of things, from miniatures, to board games, to RPGs (that I never get to play but at least get to read), to game adjacent things like gear, merch, and gundams and other hobby kit stuff. I prefer physical things, but digital is fine too if that's what works for my santa. This is my BGG collection/wishlist, this is my DTRPG wishlist though I can't find a way to show my existing library (if you want to send me an RPG, ask leperflesh and I'll list what I have already, the upgraded DTRPG app is nice but still lacks a list share/export), and this is my roughly up to date miniatures collection not including big rear end boxes of Bones 2/3/4. Surprises, local delights, home made, food and alcohol, et al, are all fine with me, I mean there's lots of things that I don't even know I want yet :buddy:

Solemn Vow
I will not grinch. This is the way.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
This sounds exciting! I've sent an email !

Gift Preference
I've been painting tons of GW stuff in lockdown since can't play any boardgames so if anyone wants to help my games workshop addiction that'd be cool 😄 my mechanicus is starting to come along but I know that can be boring to buy for so any cool models, even outside of GW that you think it's cool would be amazing as well.

Location - London, Brexitland

by.a.teammate fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 24, 2020

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Warehouse 23 is probably the best GURPS book ever.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ok I have read every post in this thread and it seems there are a lot of preferences I could easily fulfill in my woodshop so I'm signing up to this. I love crafting home made board games. The dice tower would be the most fun I think. The only one I might have trouble with is the 18XX game, but I would give it an attempt. I think I can make hexagons! I can't ship to anywhere over seas, wood is kind of heavy so please Canada/USA only.

Gift Preferences
1) Home Made board games :D

2) PDFs of obscure RPGs or wargames from Drive throughRPG. I don't need a physical book, save a tree. Starfleet Battles preferably:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/3528/Amarillo-Design-Bureau/subcategory/6103_20528/Star-Fleet-Battles-Current

3)Old super nerdy games from the 70's like Avalon hill or something :shrug:

Solemn Vow
By all my powers of posting I vow my Santee will receive their gift promptly!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 15, 2020

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Hey guys, I have not done a forum secret santa in an internet community in just shy of 15 years but I've just about got being an adult sorted out enough that I can be trusted to make a trip to the post office

Gift Preferences: I'm really into painting miniatures and models right now. It's mainly 40k stuff (Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels, Necrons) but I'll paint just about anything, fantasy minis are cool, creature models are awesome, I'll do gundams from time to time and really like model tanks. I enjoy kitbashing too, so I like a good bits bag! I am drowning in paint right now fwiw so please don't send any of that, haha

General Location:

"howdy pardner. can't help but notice you reachin' fer that there sweet tea, but that's the last can on the shelf, bud. gonna have to draw fer it." a flash of steel, a single gunshot. In the dusty wasteland of Tulsa, Oklahoma it's kill or be killed. Only the strong survive.

My Solemn Vow
i promise i'm managing my ADHD

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 15, 2020

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
This was awesome last year, so joining in again.

Gift Preferences
I am a weird miniatures fanatic, and love old/obscure/defunct minis games and rulesets that don’t depend on a specific manufacturer’s stuff. Pretty set on the basic paints, but anything that’s outside Vallejo/general colors is neat to see.

Been playing a ton of Blood Bowl lately, and can always use more random models for that. Already have Elf, Human, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos, Skaven, and Dark Elves, but accessories and weird related stuff is always fun.

I also sculpt a lot, so greenstuff and other sculpting supplies are always welcome.

For non-tradgames stuff, I’m transitioning right now and enjoy nail polish and eyeshadow that I’m figuring out how to use. Still on the old name, but figuring this out is still a big part of my life.

The plague-ravaged lands of Wisconsin, USA.

The Solemn Oath
I, Hedningen, shall not grinch lest my greenstuff harden shapelessly and my dice rolls always fail.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up! I am missing e-mails from Modulo16 and rydiafan.

It's really cool to see some new (virtual) faces in here. Maybe my spamming a bunch of threads helped!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I ain't done this in a year or three so time to get back on the horse esp. since in-person cheer is off the menu on account of plague.

Preferences:

I'm a big fan of the Legion tabletop game, and most things Star Wars, though for Legion I have nearly all republic, imp, and rebel releases. I suppose you could get me hooked on a fourth faction with some robits. 3x3 or 6x3 mousepad material battle mats with interesting terrain (I have desert, magma world, forest world covered so get nuts) could also be cool, I love building up new terrain table themes.

I like heavily themed tabletop games with Star Warriors but will try most thing be it traitor mechanic stuff or quick playing easily accessible stuff like 5 minute dungeon/5 minute marvel. I'm also a fan of tapping mana in the MTG children's trading card game. For physical magic I've mostly settled into just playing Commander, so I'd be tickled to get some Magic oddity, commander precon deck, a full set of the power 9 and a pile of underground seas, whatever.

Non-gaming wise I am a weirdo prepper so any niche outdoor thing that might not already be in my Y2K Go Bag, some HSG taco pistol pouches for my In Case of Civil War 2 vest rig, some cool leftist morale patches with gritties and bernies and poo poo, a half case of MREs, a cool knife that doubles as a survival straw, IDK could be fun.

I am also huge into 3d printing my own terrain and minis, so if you're still stumped, a half liter of UV resin or a couple spools of PLA filament, or a gift cert to Gumroad wouldn't go to waste.

I seldom have time or a group for RPGs, but I haven't forgetten the joy of doing them. I'm wanting to gear up to run some FFG Star Wars games and aside from the core books and the NPC/gear/vehicle books I don't have much so that could go down a treat too. I got into the Delta Green reboot kickstarter but haven't picked up any DG books not being released as part of the KS yet. Or surprise me.

Mostly I just want to share some cheer. I'm not a complicated guy, I'm sure I'll be tickled with whatever you get me.

Wisconsin, a state that has turbofucked itself so bad with the Rona DHS had to come up with a new outbreak severity category for us. Go pack go.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm caught up! I am missing e-mails from Modulo16 and rydiafan.

It's really cool to see some new (virtual) faces in here. Maybe my spamming a bunch of threads helped!
I participated in like IDK 2013 and 2014 or something like that and when you posted in the star wars doll thread it got my attention.

E: Almost forgot: I solemnly pledge not to scrooge my goon santee, lest I shred my ballsack open in a BMX accident and loop my vas deferens around the seat causing the seam to rip all the way down the taint

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 16, 2020

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A lot of Wisconsin action going on in this thing.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Oh, we doing this again? WELL WELL THEN.

Gift Preferences
So I actually keep a list of stuff I'd like since my family asks sometimes.

In general though: I like RPGs. I'm looking for good superhero RPGs, and heard that Icons and Mutants and Masterminds might be good (I've got Hero, but it's overly complicated). I've heard Fragged Empire is cool.

I'm interested in those magnetic hexagon terrain tiles that BattleTech uses, they look neat.

Otherwise, I'm getting into action figures and I've got a big list of stuff in the document that I could see adding to the collection. I like Star Wars Black Series, mainly for troopers (clone troopers, stormtroopers, Mandalorians, etc.) and for dark siders. I like Marvel Legends folks. Any of the Diamond Select Hulk figures would be cool. Mythic Legions figures look really awesome but I don't have any of those yet.

Please don't get me:
Clothing or gift cards. If your general idea is to get me one of those, you can donate to any charity dealing with racial equity, trans rights, or women's rights and just send me a ‘Hey, I did this for you.’

Washington, the state. Not Washington, the desiccated corpse of a president.

I'll ship to wherever, though, since I have the internet.

The Solemn Oath
If I grinch you I will fly to your house, hand you a sword, and upon my name and the name of my ancestors you may do as you wish with the blade.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I HAVE SIGNED UP! Writhe in terror at this knowledge.

Gift Preferences
I'm big into indie, DIY, and OSR stuff right now. Almost anything from Exalted Funeral is great. (Don't get me anything LOTFP. I will be very unhappy if you get me anything LOTFP, even as a joke.)

I own a lot of major releases, but I'm told Electric Bastionland is one I need to look into.

I'm on a HUGE solo games wave right now, but I tend to prefer solo games with more focus on action/adventure/normal RPG fodder and less games about sadness and emotions and whatever (I already own Scarlet Heroes and Four Against Darkness).

I'll never say no to greeblies (coins, tarot decks, system generic card things, etc.), as I love my table to look like an abject disaster area even when it's a workspace.

I would also absolutely love pawns, standees, and other pre-made miniature-like-objects that I do not need to paint, especially for fantasy settings.

Warhammer Horror stuff makes me happy, especially Fantasy and AoS, as well as anything Fantasy or AoS about Chaos. I also like Gotrek a bunch! I own all the short story collections for Horror and the Warcry anthology, but MOAR would be appreciated.

Boxed board games with miniatures to paint and admire generally make me smile, even duplicates that I can strip for parts.

Basically I'm pretty easy to shop for!!

I will not ship across international borders. I apologize.

The Solemn Oath
Hark Triton! HAAAAAAAAAARK! Should I fail this task, then bellow, bid our father the Sea King rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this young mouth with pungent slime, to choke me, engorging me organs til’ I turn blue and bloated with bilge and brine and can scream no more -- only when he, crowned in cockle shells with slitherin’ tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral-tine trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest and plunges right through me gullet, bursting me -- a bulging bladder no more, but a blasted bloody film now and nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead sailors to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the Dread Emperor himself -- forgotten to any man, to any time, forgotten to any god or devil, forgotten even to the sea, for any stuff for part of Sasha, even any scantling of me soul is Sasha no more, but is now itself the sea...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I have come to sign up!

Gift Preferences
I am hugely into MTG but when I need cards I just buy singles so I collect odd and rare promos of things whimsical cute, and/or quirky.
I also play a handful of tabletop RPGs and while I have plenty of normal dice but would appreciate some less normal ones. Either weird shapes or weird outcomes.
Finally because of Covid and being in a high risk-pool I have to do a lot of my gaming without others right now, so anything to help with that (either a single player game, or a way to play remotely) would be lovely.
Thank you!
The Solemn Oath
Henceforth I swear my full support and loyalty to gifting whomever the gods demand. Should they be wanting this holiday it will not be by me. I so swear in front of goons and men.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Yay TGSS and I didn't miss it this year!

Gift Preferences:
This is the part I hate, it's super hard.
I am into GW and Blood Bowl, if you can find a Forge World Griff Oberwald or Varag Ghoul-Chewer that they just stopped making and I just missed, I will be thrilled. I can also use more of the Retro/Homage Noise Marine figures. I could also use like any of the Age of Sigmar Battletomes except Disciples of Tzeentch and the old Chaos Dreadhold (would prefer Chaos ones I think).
I also like playing cards, but I already have a pretty big collection. I might update more when I think about it or if you are keen on this idea you can ask Leperflesh to bug me about it.
I would probably be cool with manga, I don't have too much of it except Gundam: the Origin and Attack on Titan (and the first volume of Fist of the North Star and Death Note).
Cool dice are cool, but if you're looking at Severed Books I spent way too much on one of their Kickstarters, so I don't think I need anything from them.
Arty or retro stuff is pretty cool too.
If you want to look at my Kickstarter history for inspiration or things to avoid my username is the same as here.
I might update more if I can think of anything else.

General Location:
America's Heartland

My Solemn Vow:
I'll be a good Santa and Santee, I promise!

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 22, 2020

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My name is Leperflesh and I have been a good boy.

Gift Preferences: When we're not in lockdown, I like to play boardgames, often just with my brother but sometimes with more people. My boardgamegeek collection is probably up to date. I've got all the LotR:LCG cards we'll ever need so no more of those thanks. I particularly like co-op games that don't have a "secret betrayer" role - my wife has Mysterium so that's not on my boardgamegeek but we've got it. Any board game that is newer than last xmas I definitely don't have. I'm also into RPGs, although I haven't played one in years now. I've got everything for Conan Modiphius 2d20 and I like that system, maybe the Star Trek game from them would be cool? PDFs are nice to have but I like to own a physical copy of the core book for an RPG. I also like poker and card games, lately I've been playing Magic on Arena but don't need physical cards for that. I tried Keyforge but neither my wife or my brother liked it so probably not more of that either. I have a vast collection of unpainted minis and a smaller but still large collection of painted minis, and all the stuff needed to paint minis but I haven't really been doing that the last few years. I guess I'll say no minis stuff for now, it'll just gather dust. I like old/vintage game stuff too, a weird old RPG or cardboard chit-based hex boardgame from the 1970s or something would be fun to browse.

For non-TG stuff: I have a Steam wishlist. I like books and movies and tv shows and music and nerdy stuff! No animes please. I'm into woodworking lately and I like handmade things. I like booze and food, no serious food allergies although I don't care for squashes or eggplant. I love spicy food. I like beers that aren't very bitter, so not into IPAs. I have several cats, last year they got these catnip-filled bananas and they're the best goddamn toys they've ever had, they still attack them all the time. I'm also into football, photography, cars, hiking, coffee, art, DIY, history, geology, and crabs.

Vow: I swear I shall not Grinch.

As your friendly TG moderator, I feel it's important to stress that if you get assigned to me (which is a semi-randomized process) you can decline and I'll reassign you, with absolutely 100% no hard feelings of any kind. It's awkward, right? For one thing, I'll know who my Santa is in advance, and so that isn't as much fun. But also you might feel weird about buying a gift for a moderator. Of course, irrespective of whatever you get for me, I promise you will earn neither favorable nor unfavorable mod treatment. The same goes for whoever I draw as my Santee. I know that figuring out that Perfect Gift is usually not possible and I've gotten stuff I loved and stuff I didn't love in the past and it's all fine and good, that's part of the dice roll. Nevertheless, feel free to opt out and I'll just shuffle the assignments a little and it won't be any trouble at all.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

, irrespective of whatever you get for me, I promise you will earn neither favorable nor unfavorable mod treatment

I HOPE YOU LIKE DONGS :dong: :dong:

but seriously do people really get into slapfights about poo poo in TG often enough to have MOD GRUDGES

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Bloop posted:

but seriously do people really get into slapfights about poo poo in TG often enough to have MOD GRUDGES

Dunno really, I'm new to this. But MOD GRUDGES are common enough on SA in general that the other mods and admins have warned me about them so I'd be ready. Probably I haven't been a mod long enough to get anyone to seriously hate me yet?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I might have to sit out this year, though if there are lightning rounds later on I might be able to participate in one of those. I really like these, but the past little bit has been pretty brutal due to a covid scare and then I injured my foot, putting me without pay for a month.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I'm Napoleon Nelson and I'm excited to participate in my first TGSS!

Gift Preferences: I'm still fairly new to trad games, so I'm open to almost anything. Indie RPGs have been my focus this year, so physical copies of those would be great (I have a ton of digital versions from the Racial Justice itch bundle). Especially those with interesting components or packaging. Now that they're updating rules and adding new content I'm looking to get back into Star Wars Armada, so I'm very interested in any of the Clone Wars material or the new card pack. For non-trad game stuff, I also build Gundams and try to finish collecting the line of Modesty Blaise newspaper comics. If the latter is a route you want to look into, let Leperflesh know and I can send a list of what volumes I do and don't have.

Location: Just a short drive from the world-famous Four Seasons Total Landscaping! (Just outside Philly). I'm willing to ship internationally.

Vow: I swear by all that is good and right and holy that I will not Grinch and will do my best to spread joy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berenzen posted:

I might have to sit out this year, though if there are lightning rounds later on I might be able to participate in one of those. I really like these, but the past little bit has been pretty brutal due to a covid scare and then I injured my foot, putting me without pay for a month.

That's a shame, I know you've been a regular for years. But also 100% nobody should be stretching themselves financially over this silly thing! Save your nickels and make sure you have food, shelter, heat, and medical care, before you worry about some nerd game swap. I hope December finds you feeling financially more secure and if not, I hope you feel OK about abstaining from TGSS this year.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

So, Leperflesh, feel free to yell at me about this cause I'm kind of tweaking the rules.

I love TG Secret Santa but I'm just flat god drat broke and can't spare the income. So I can't in good conscience sign up cause it'd mean like not getting my mom a birthday present or something.

What I do have is the ability to write Classical Chinese and some pretty okay calligraphy skills. So, basically, anyone want a scroll?

My current idea is anyone who wants one gets it at cost of shipping rounded up or down, I spend a couple days writing whatever you want all pretty, and then like venmo or paypal me it at the cost of shipping, cause, again, living la vida broke-a.

Thoughts?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Alright, I'm about to super break some rules.

If berenzen has been "a regular for years" I don't want them to miss out because they've had a rough year, and I have personally had a relatively good year. My company shifted well to work from home during the pandemic, and I even got a promotion, so I have a little bit of extra money to burn. I want to financially back berenzen. Sign up as a full participant, choose the gift for whoever you draw, and I will pay for it and shipping.

I am also willing to pay the shipping for Xiahou Dun's scroll, so they can participate in a handmade gift exchange, without their recipient being on the financial hook.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O wow! You're generosity is really great and needed.

But I was offering to do scrolls plural and I don't want you left in the lurch for all of that.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
My heart just grew three sizes.

Someone call an ambulance.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Xiahou Dun posted:

O wow! You're generosity is really great and needed.

But I was offering to do scrolls plural and I don't want you left in the lurch for all of that.

Well if you feel your scrolls are of a quality that qualifies for the gift exchange, sign up, and I will pay the shipping for your official gift exchange scroll. Any additional scrolls that you "sell" will not be backed by me.

Sound fair?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Much appreciated but I have no interest in getting gifts this year. I just wanted to send some affection with a hobby I have. I'm broke but I have ink and rice paper and brushes so I can make as many as my hands/time/willingness to drive to the post office will handle.

But you're a real good person for volunteering like that. I will gladly quit smoking for a bit to ship you a scroll that says 子無明,人沈。 "A lord may be unwise, but a person can be honest."

(This isn't a phrase, I wrote it but it's grammatically correct for like 200AD China.)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want a scroll that says "Do not pursue Lu Bu"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Rutibex posted:

I want a scroll that says "Do not pursue Lu Bu"

Happy to, but that can be translated like 8 ways so I'd want to confirm. Also you mean Lü Bu from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, right?

(Fine translation chat should probably go to PM's.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You guys are awesome and I would be happy to facilitate this sort of ad-hoc gifting, yup! Of course it is opt-in, and... not exactly the Secret part of the Secret Santa bit, but I don't think that matters much.

I will say however that each person you intend to send a thing to, has to be OK with you specifically asking for and then receiving their IRL personal contact info, which is a little different from getting assigned a random person and having their personal contact info, in that it is you rather than the RNG making the selecting. At least when you say "I will send so-and-so a thing."

So I insist that anyone you want to send things to needs to say OK, and if they say "no, thank you" that needs to be firmly acceptable with no hard feelings. I think we're all on the same page in that regard already but I feel it's important to spell it out.

So anyway: Xiahou Dun, you can either take orders for scrolls directly, or work through the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com address if you and your giftees would prefer to do that under the flaming gaze of sauronsanta if you want your communications monitored and recorded for posterity by a mod.

rydiafan posted:

If berenzen has been "a regular for years" I don't want them to miss out because they've had a rough year, and I have personally had a relatively good year. My company shifted well to work from home during the pandemic, and I even got a promotion, so I have a little bit of extra money to burn. I want to financially back berenzen. Sign up as a full participant, choose the gift for whoever you draw, and I will pay for it and shipping.

I am also willing to pay the shipping for Xiahou Dun's scroll, so they can participate in a handmade gift exchange, without their recipient being on the financial hook.

For this particular instance, I would like berenzen to explicitly agree first, and berenzen, you don't have to if you don't want to and that's cool, these people will be cool with that. I insist. But if you're into it then I'll happily help rydiafan sponsor/send/fund a gift to your Santee on your behalf, while you will receive a gift from some other random goon.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

This is the first time I've done one of these lets see how it goes!

Gift Preference:

Board games! I have a [url="https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Aramoro"]collection[/url ]of some board games but always happy to get more. One caveat would be probably not a war theme or murdering women theme (i.e. no Jack the Ripper games). Other than that I'm easy.

Solemn Vow : I swear that I will solemnly carry out my duties as a Santa, mostly because our post office does not encourage smiling.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Leper, other goons,

It is with a sad heart that I cannot participate this year. Long sob story cut short I can't afford it. I love TGSS, I love all you goons, and wish you the merriest of holiday cheer.

Please keep me on the email thinger for next year, hopefully fortunes will be improved in 2021.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Oh my god, thank you. I don't know what to say. I will accept this incredibly generous offer, and I will figure out a way to return the favour, or at least pay it forward, when I get a chance.

My name is Berenzen and I am unexpectedly able to participate in this years TGSS.

Gift Preferences: My boardgame collection can be found here. I mostly play either 2 player games with my wife, and 5 player games with friends (during non-pandemic times). I additionally play MtG commander over webcam usually with This deck. Fancy foils or alt-arts and/or better sleeves for it is always appreciated.

For Non-TG gift preferences, I've taken a liking to creative non-fiction novels recently in addition to my regular enjoyment of Sci-fi/fantasy. I also enjoy hockey (teams are the oilers and the leafs), math, astronomy (particularly astrophysics and astrophotography), and snowboarding,. For food, I enjoy spicy foods and hot sauces, though I do have a mild onion allergy (onion powder included), and chocolates. I also will LARP again once the pandemic ends, so things to build up my kit always help.

Vow I solemnly swear to not Grinch my Santee, for I am bound by both by my honour and the honour of rydiafan.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 18, 2020

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Benedict posted:

Leper, other goons,

It is with a sad heart that I cannot participate this year. Long sob story cut short I can't afford it. I love TGSS, I love all you goons, and wish you the merriest of holiday cheer.

Please keep me on the email thinger for next year, hopefully fortunes will be improved in 2021.

Sorry to hear it, Benedict, and I hope things get better for you soon. You're on the mailing list and I do hope you can participate next year, for sure.

Benedict has also been a regular for years! 2012, 13, 14, 18, and 19, at least.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Benedict posted:

Leper, other goons,

In the spirit of Forum 103 Solidarity, I will happily send TWO gifts so that Benedict can receive one. Benedict, if you're still here, please send your address to Leperflesh! CHRISTMAS JOY IS MANDATORY.

(Leperflesh, I dunno if you want to but if you still have Benedict's email you may want to reach out to them.)

Hi, my name is Gau and in addition to being a forum pariah, I have been...a person this year. What can I say, 2020 blows.

Where I live: Washington State, USA (WA state best state)

Gift Preferences: I like weird old games that make good toilet reading. I'd love to get my hands on some of the old WEG Star Wars supplements or third-edition GURPS books or the Buck Rogers RPG or any of those bizarrely-thick heartbreaker games that are like 75% setting.

Solemn Vow: I have never grinched before and I am absolutely not going to ruin Goonmas 2020 for someone!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Hell yeah, I'm in again.

Gift Preferences: I like to paint miniatures and sometimes even play games with them. I'm currently enjoying Frostgrave (2nd edition now) with my son, but would love minis, paint/supplies, terrain, or rulebooks for any small-scale games (rather than mass battle sized). I own the rulebooks for Osprey's Chosen Men and Broken Legions, but those three are about it. I'm not picky about fantasy, sci-fi, or historical, I'd enjoy any.; something being the very quantifiable "neat" and "fun" is more important than game genre. If you know of other cool stuff that fits into that ouvre, feel free. RPGs would also be welcome, I have the very cool Blades in the Dark but not much else. I enjoy the the more freeform PBTA and Fate-type games there.

General Location Maryland, USA (Gau is right, WA is the best state)

Solemn Vow I have never grinched before, and by god I'm not going to grinch any poor goon this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I found out about this too late to participate last year so I'm glad I saw this thread on time this go around!

I am Grizzled Patriarch and I'm mostly into mini painting.

Gift Preferences: I just got into Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and want to start an Orruk Ironjawz army, so literally anything relating to that would be awesome! (If you're not familiar with Warhammer stuff, basically every single thing on this page that is wearing yellow armor:)

Link

Also worth noting that you can generally save around 10% + free shipping if you search the same product name on Amazon or eBay instead.

Other ideas that are always appreciated are sable paintbrushes (I've had good experiences with Raphael, as well as Rosemary & Co.), paints (I've been meaning to try out some Liquitex acrylic inks some day, and I finally picked up an airbrush this year), and all sorts of weathering fluids / pigments etc. that I can use to disguise my painting mistakes with dust and grime (if you go this route I'd humbly suggest staying away from AK Interactive products because they're an extremely gross company - MIG Productions makes basically the same exact stuff, as do other companies like Secret Weapon).

Other miniature-related stuff like basing materials, terrain, sculpting tools, etc. is always nice too.

General Location: the blasted hellscape of Texas

Solemn Vow: If I Grinch a fellow goon, let me spill a dozen inks and mistake my paint water for my coffee cup forevermore.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 22, 2020