Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Always glad to see this, as I've really enjoy participating in previous iterations.

Gift Preferences:
- (Weird) RPG’s! Stupid systems, sweet settings, or silly supplements are all grand. I especially love ‘world guides’ (e.g., the 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign setting book) and atlases.
- 40K stuff! I’ve read a few books and listen to the 40k Badcast, but haven’t taken the plunge of buying any miniatures/game-related stuff yet. So (fiction or rule) books, minis, or whatever would be cool!
- Board/Card co-op games, particularly ones that my wife and I can play together.
- Handmade/local stuff from where you live!
- Books! Sci-fi, fantasy, artbooks – whatever is great.
- Academic work! I’m more than happy to get neat monographs/books on e.g. the aesthetics of games, philosophy of games/play, etc.

Honestly, I’m pretty flexible, and will definitely enjoy whatever I get. So if there’s something you really love/find funny and want to share, send it! I’ve a preference for something physical – opening a wrapped present is part of the thrill! – but I completely understand if digital is easier.

General Location: Noord Brabant, The Netherlands

Solemn Vow: 2020 has been awful, and I don't make to make it worse for somebody by grinching them. So I swear to get them their gift in a timely fashion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Cheer deployed! Will likely arrive in several stages over the coming week.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

DigitalRaven posted:

A gift came in!

Thank you, Santa! I'm very very happy with this.

I hope you enjoy the La Trappe! I really rate everything they make, but especially their triple (though I'm biased, as the abbey is a 10 minute cycle from my front door). Note, however, that Santa's elves have informed me that you should expect further gifts in the coming days. Dongs may or may not be involved...

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

I'm happy to get in on the Lightning Round too!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

DigitalRaven posted:

More cheer came in!

None of the Feline Postal Inspectorate were available, both enjoying the radiator being on too much. So I threw caution to the wind and opened it:

DONGS! DONGS! DONGS! :woop:

I mention being OK with dongs every year and this is the first time my Santa's indulged my adolescent sense of humour — and my sweet tooth. Thank you Santa!

I'm glad part 2 came! Part 3 is scheduled to arrive on Monday, I think.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Lightining round cheer dispatched today; should arrive within the week

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

DigitalRaven posted:

A third package came in!

THANK YOU SANTA! :wood: Been after a copy of this for quite some time. I'm floored by your generosity, thank you so much!

I'm glad that it all got there - now you can drink your Trappist beer, eat your (ding)dongs, and read about future life under the Beanstalk!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

A mysterious package arrived, interrupting Jobke's naps time. She was not impressed.

But I was impressed by what the package contained: a copy of Hanabi (a family favorite), a John Carter 2d20 sourcebook, and an beautiful Yoshitaka Amano art book! All really cool stuff!

Thank you very much, rydiafan!

Rid fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 11, 2020

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

A) you've got your real name and address showing in that first package photo
B) can you, or your Santees, clue me in on whether this is your main round or your bonus round gift arriving?

Oops - fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Well you can mark another received off the list!

Thank you very very much Santa! Been eyeballing this for a long time, and now I'll be able to give it a spin during the holidays!

Now the most important decision of all. Who to play first... :thunk:

Happy Christmas! I really love this game, so I hope that you enjoy it too. One bit of advice: don't ignore the Vagabond! I've played a number of games where they walk away with a victory because they steadily acquire points while the other factions are all focusing on fighting each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

A package arrived from Santa last night: a copy of Pandemic Rising Tide! Het spel gaat over Nederland en is in het Nederlands! This looks like an excellent way to practice my Dutch while having some fun. Dankjewel, Santa!