Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

World War Mammories posted:

the claim is not that it was astroturfed, it's that the natural growth wasn't ripped out by the roots until a prominent democrat was in the crosshairs

Pretty rude implication about Al imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Would you please not here?

Would I not what? I'd consider Al Franken to be a prominent Democrat, as a senator at the time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harold Fjord posted:

Making the issue about those poor victimizers.

I'm not, obviously - if the narrative you want to push is that #metoo was destroyed because prominent Democrats were targeted, you should probably consider that time a prominent Democrat was targeted and he was encouraged to step down by other Democrats and #metoo wasn't destroyed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harold Fjord posted:

Thing that happens earlier does not disprove thing that happened later

It does if the argument is that's what started it