Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

The point I was glibly trying to get at is that the narrative that the MeToo movement lost authenticity and thusly died when rich white women became involved is flawed and speaks to the broader issue of defining MeToo in terms of punishing men rather than empowering women. I already posted about how I have seen a shift in discussions and awareness around consent in my experience as an educator. You can finds tons of stories of more niche waves of MeToo that fly under the radar. You can look at stuff like the Survivor's Agenda that is pushing the MeToo movement towards systematic changes (Housing, healthcare) that can improve life for survivors and build a better society for the vulnerable.

In the united states, MeToo basically started having SUCCESS when rich white women got involved, and for those rich white women, Al Franken was when MeToo "started going too far" because he was on "Our Team" and when Biden was in the crosshairs it was fully abandoned. Perhaps there is something that can be called A MeToo movement in more niche waves that fall under the radar, but that's not what 99% of people are talking about when they say MeToo, and that thing that 99% of people are talking about is dead when the rich white women abandoned it for the sake of Joe Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU