Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Gulping Again posted:

Yeah I'm thinking that #metoo is dead in america because Orange Man Gone now, there's no need for the powerful to pretend they care what happens to the expendable bodies, and the next man or woman to try and come out against someone who actually matters in this country is going to be found to have committed suicide in the trunk of a burned out car that was stolen on the other side of the country by shooting themselves twice in the back of the head.

I don't know about #metoo being dead, but this thread certainly appears to be, and it's probably because of flippant posts like this one that add nothing substantive to the discussion. I'll be honest, I came in here wanting to gain more insight into the subject — I have several friends who are survivors and I want to better understand what they have gone through and how they deal with the trauma. But I read the last page up to your post, and the only things I saw were:

a) some derail about Marx
b) some poster insisting, like you did above, that #metoo is dead because it has been co-opted by rich white women, then continuing to argue that despite being shown evidence to the contrary
c) more flippant poo poo about how people using the #metoo hashtag are the "disingenuous politics class" (this is coming from the OP, no less)
d) some back and forth about how the thread can be revived
e) a moderator suggesting that the OP advertise the thread in the sticky, and immediately getting attacked and being called a rape apologist

I don't know what the solution is, but after seeing all that, my immediate urge was to :yikes: out of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU