Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Elemental sight would be way better if it was just a toggle instead of having to press the button again every 2 steps

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

There's a faint blue stink line that flows pointing you in the general direction the scavenger hunt is targeted at.

The trick is that there isn't an actual line you're following in the world or anything, so don't waste time trying to figure out where it is.
whenever you press the sight button it's just a line that starts from about where you are and points directly towards the objective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Extremely good OP, thanks for the getting it out there.

UltraRed posted:

Dear Mihoyo,

Please remove Elemental Sight and everything that uses it. I just spent 30 minutes trying to find my bounties and didn't find poo poo.

Thank you,
Ultrared

I'm glad the bounties are weekly because the idea of doing one or more every day when I log in to spend my resin and do maintenance poo poo is awful. That being said, I'd actually also be totally fine with elemental sight if they just made it a toggle--I actually find it pretty useful when I know there are certain collectibles in an area but haven't memorized exactly where they all are yet.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its in Jean's friendship story unlocks at least. It says that Jean's mother was a knight and her dad was an adventurer, after a while he went into the church becoming the deacon or something. They got divorced and mom kept custody of Jean and dad of Barbara. It also mentions they aren't really any speaking terms

Jean and Barbara being secret siblings is kinda funny because if you don't read those bits in the lore, there's some dialogue in Jean's story quest that is very easy to misinterpret as Barbara having a crush on Jean.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The trick is that there isn't an actual line you're following in the world or anything, so don't waste time trying to figure out where it is.
whenever you press the sight button it's just a line that starts from about where you are and points directly towards the objective

Not that I had trouble finding any of my bounties, but this knowledge will make it a smidge faster in the future

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Wait, are people not using elemental sight to look for chests and breakable rockwalls? No wonder people are missing shittons of chests.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The bounty clues all have a big red dot above them in elemental sight, also, so if its in line of sight you don't even need to worry about the blue line

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

elemental sight is tedious to use so yeah i mostly do not.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Elemental sight is annoying to use but you'll never find that violetgrass without it. If you want Xinyan start gathering it now!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Elemental sight is also good for checking if a Ruin Guard will activate or an NPC/object can be interacted with.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

UltraRed posted:

Thinking of running who is the best carry out of Beidou/Childe/Xianling ? Thinking of swapping out my MC carry so I don't lose out on 1/4 of that character experience. I like having a claymore user in the party and am thinking of swapping out Noelle

Beidou as a "carry" is sort of bad if you are thinking of using her normal attack. Based on personal testing, her autoattacks are the worst out of all of the claymore users: among them, her autoattacks deal least among of damage damage to geo hypostatis's pillars and the mining ores. Nonetheless, her Q and E are pretty good if you have a team for a electro burst user. With the right team setup and many electro orbs, her ult is always ready when the CD timer goes to 0, but with the CDs of Q&E, using her autoattacks would not make her a carry per se.

As a 5 star, Childe is your best bet since his base stats will be higher than either of the 4*; nonetheless, his attacks are bit nuance for a Genshin Impact character, and if anything is alive after his combos, his cooldowns are long so your team's overall DPS overall might be limited. Also there are no hydro bonus dmg artifact sets.

Xianling is probably the easiest to maximize her damage out of all of the characters you listed as a physical damage carry: for Beidou, you need to know the timing of enemy attacks to maximize her counter, and Childe is a can of decisions. With Xianliang as a carry, she autoattacks with the crescent pike with a jump cancel animation at the end along with any of her abilities that are off cooldown. I recommend a superconduct team to maximize her physical damage. The limitation is that she is neither electric and ice, so using a superconduct team may less than an ideal team of either a Ice or Electro carry that can do massive physical damage.

Flair fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 13, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dear Genshin please stop giving me VV goblets with pyro damage thanks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Indecisive posted:

yea i get it tho elemental sight is just really clunky and uninteresting and doesn't really add anything to the game i feel like

you can't have an open world game without ASSASSINS CREED(tm) vision

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

I kinda expected there would be a spike in cooldown time when you let it run out entirely, but ten seconds? Sheesh.

Edit to prevent double-post: In-game notice says they're going to change the environmental damage scaling to be two levels below current WL and cap at WL4. DOT from burning grass and damage from Electro-Charged water will be brought in line with this change tomorrow, but Overload damage from Electro hitting burning grass won't be adjusted for a while.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 13, 2020

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
If you're not interested in squeezing every last fraction of a percentage of damage out of a team composition, or going for that fraction of a second quicker completion time in the Spiral Abyss, do you have to worry about any of this stuff? I'm basically just playing for exploration, story, sidequests, that kind of thing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I think they already adjusted burning grass damage. I was seeing over 100 damage a tick on update day, and now I only see 80-something.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Geomancing posted:

If you're not interested in squeezing every last fraction of a percentage of damage out of a team composition, or going for that fraction of a second quicker completion time in the Spiral Abyss, do you have to worry about any of this stuff? I'm basically just playing for exploration, story, sidequests, that kind of thing.

I've only paid for Welkin + BP and I'm AR35 / WL3 with super non-optimal artifacts. Xiangling / Beidou / Traveler / Barbara for 90% of it. Minmaxing is a choice, not a requirement, at least for overworld content. You'll be just fine.

E: I'd just caution you not to level up gear or chars you expect to replace longterm

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I would be able to tolerate elemental sight more if I could rebind the loving button to something more comfy than middle mouse

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Geomancing posted:

You don't have to worry about it at all. You can beat everything outside of the abyss comfortably with a comp of Xiangling, Fishl, and Barbara just using your Es and Qs every so often.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Geomancing posted:

100% do not worry.
All of this is basically to allow killing stuff like abyss floor 12 (starts at level 90) before you can reach 90 on your characters

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Geomancing posted:

I use Anemo Traveler as my main damage dealer with Xiangling and Kaeya providing elemental procs I can use for Swirl. As long as you're making use of elemental reactions and have a vague idea of what kind of build each character should be getting (trying to use Barbara as your main attacker would be an uphill climb, for example), you shouldn't run into much trouble.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

First day in a while that I've been able to do more than just daily maintenance tasks and resin use. Started mucking about with a new comp of Jean, Fish, Venti, and a wildcard DPS that matches the Domain (I really need to level a Geo).

Comp strong. Venti OP. I hope Venti returns in a banner, or they make a way to get more consts.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Geomancing posted:

No, as long as you and your artifacts are properly leveled, no. And as WL goes up, things might hurt a lot, but then you have food and iframes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Avynte posted:

that ending to 1.1 was certainly worth a chuckle.
Zhongli just upending the entire rule of his nation-state, destroying the fed, handing all his power to the bad guys, then loving off.

"Nooooooo!!! You can't just abandon 3700 years of contracts to go off adventuring!!"

"What's mora?"

The most irresponsible dad of all time

I love him

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Elemental sight would be 100% better if I could just toggle it instead of it turning off as soon as I start moving

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Framboise posted:

Elemental sight would be 100% better if I could just toggle it instead of it turning off as soon as I start moving

I almost certainly sure they designed it that way so that you don't have batman vision on all of the time. All developers have been mindful of this gameplay design since 2009. Nonetheless, you can re-turn it on as you move.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
In a decision that was made easier by booze, I decided to level up Diona despite both my lacking a sac bow and my insistence that I'd wait for more data on her. Having the shield and an ice user, on its own, is huge value. It's a shame about the split HP/ATK scaling because she'd probably be great for adding a little dps in between the shields and ults. When I replace Bei with Fish I expect even better things to happen. For bonus points I'm also running Barbara, which turns Diona's ult into a fast full heal on the entire group.

Is AR30-35 the first real big slog of the game? There's around 50 *oculi left to collect and probably hundreds of chests but I've gunned it through all the available side quests and at this point I'm just kind of futzing around doing daily/weekly stuff.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mailer posted:

In a decision that was made easier by booze, I decided to level up Diona

She would be so disappointed in you

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Don't kill me, but... 30 pulls, 2 Diona, 2 Beidou, 1 Ningguang...... 2 Tartaglia...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

With leveling people getting harder as you go up in World levels, I'm starting to have less fun with the game.

Trying to fight that Ruin Hunter robot Bounty with Kaeya, Barbara, Amber and Razor because it's immune to Electro and Geo but Razor's my go to basic attacker- what the hell else am I supposed to do? Aside from Ningguang everyone else I've pulled is Electro- and haha, you've gone to WL3, it's Level 53 now gently caress you

It's such a long slog to level people up now that I've been playing it for about a month and burned away most of my purple exp books along the way and I have no way of dealing with enemies that aren't weak to electro. It's why I still haven't unlocked Xianling, since Razor's my heavy hitter and the third floor starts you out with a bunch of giant electro slimes and my only Pyro Character is still Amber. At least Barbara's a caster and doesn't have to charge an attack to use an element, and Kaeya's recharges pretty quickly.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Do you have Chong? Lay his aura down for cryo dmg

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

With leveling people getting harder as you go up in World levels, I'm starting to have less fun with the game.

Trying to fight that Ruin Hunter robot Bounty with Kaeya, Barbara, Amber and Razor because it's immune to Electro and Geo but Razor's my go to basic attacker- what the hell else am I supposed to do? Aside from Ningguang everyone else I've pulled is Electro- and haha, you've gone to WL3, it's Level 53 now gently caress you

It's such a long slog to level people up now that I've been playing it for about a month and burned away most of my purple exp books along the way and I have no way of dealing with enemies that aren't weak to electro. It's why I still haven't unlocked Xianling, since Razor's my heavy hitter and the third floor starts you out with a bunch of giant electro slimes and my only Pyro Character is still Amber. At least Barbara's a caster and doesn't have to charge an attack to use an element, and Kaeya's recharges pretty quickly.

Razor is really not much of an electro DPS, i fought the same or at least a similar (electro immune) bounty with my typical Razor superconductor team (includes Kaeya). when you run into electro-resistant or immune enemies you just get superconductor applied and whale away with Razor's basic attacks and mainly use his skill for its energy generation ability and his ult for its atkspd increase.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

You don't have to worry about it at all. You can beat everything outside of the abyss comfortably with a comp of Xiangling, Fishl, and Barbara just using your Es and Qs every so often.

Can confirm. The hardest story quest boss so far was hilariously easy with these three + Noelle.

Shield, park bear and bird on boss, hit with spear til shield pops, back off and heal with Barb until it's Ready, Set, Go! time again.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Current box!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

While Razor is technically electro, his real element is big sword. When you're going up against electro slimes, you can just hit them with Cryo and they'll take about 30% more damage from Razor. You don't need to use pyro to clear the 3rd floor at all.

The bounties are designed to be difficult though, having immunities and tricks to dealing with them. The 5* ones particuarly, because they're always ruin guards or ruin hunters, which take 50-70% less physical damage. Which is reduced to 10-30% with superconductor.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Xaerael posted:

Current box!

Pshh, no Qiqi? Pathetic

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Pshh, no Qiqi? Pathetic

IKR? Kiddo is shy.

I need to make the hard choice now whether to keep on building Mona, or switch her as my Hydro for Tartie. Main issue I have is I don't really have a decent bow for him, and I'm loathed to pull more this month because my iTunes credit is almost dry now.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Xaerael posted:

IKR? Kiddo is shy.

I need to make the hard choice now whether to keep on building Mona, or switch her as my Hydro for Tartie. Main issue I have is I don't really have a decent bow for him, and I'm loathed to pull more this month because my iTunes credit is almost dry now.

Did you pull a rust at all? Because that is straight up the best weapon for him outside of the Skyward Harp.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

berenzen posted:

Did you pull a rust at all? Because that is straight up the best weapon for him outside of the Skyward Harp.

No, but I could burn the last of my credit on the weapons banner... I was saving it for the next banner, but.....

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Aiming for rust isn't necessarily a good idea. You could hit the skyward harp before hitting rust (which is his BIS bow) or never hit it at all on like 160 roll on the banner. You'll probably pull it eventually over time, but spend the money where you want to spend the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Didn't get Rust :V