Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The bounty clues all have a big red dot above them in elemental sight, also, so if its in line of sight you don't even need to worry about the blue line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You got the clues first right? The bounty doesn't spawn until you've picked up all the clues, which are random assholes, or plants, or whatever that get marked by elemental sight

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Is it worth spending Talent books on Xiangling's Skill and Burst if most of what I do with her is spam regular attacks?
Yes if only to make you use her skill and burst more because they're amazing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The tier lists in this game are especially dumb, because they're written from a standard RPG gacha perspective and this game is, at best, barely an RPG. Its like trying to rank Dante vs Bayonetta, or making your Street Fighter tierlist based on how much DPS Chun-Li does without concern to her moveset and framedata. I remember the same thing happening when MHW came out and all the weirdo MMO streamers started making videos for that game with no previous monhan experience

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CJ posted:

Who has done that?

Tier lists are good because it gives people a quick reference for the current understanding of who is good or not. This is important in a game based around investing resources.
Except the real answer to that question in this game is "almost everyone can be made to be good", at least by the current standard of high end content which is abyss. The tier lists would be fine if they werent largely fantasies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No Wave posted:

Somehow this entire thread all knew to invest in Fishl and Crescent Pike Xiangling, is everyone here guilty of metagaming as well? In any game you have an easier time with a party of at least average strength because that's what gets designed around. You'll notice that tier lists for Genshin are exceptionally generous with half of the characters in the game being A or S tier.
Crescent Pike isnt exactly secret knowledge, its one of two free spears you can craft and if you read the descriptions of the two its pretty obvious which one to pick for Xiangling. Fischl also, is readily apparent why she's good if you just look at her and read what she does. If that's what you hold up as the complex meta of this game, then plenty of people accidentally stumbled into being Incredibly Meta without consulting any outside information (myself included that uses crescent pike Xiangling and Fischl exclusively)

Anyway I never said never look at tierlists or any other information on this game, but they are so far removed from the reality of playing it that you'd be crazy to live or die based on what you read in them, like that Keqing obsessed weirdo that started this whole conversation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No Wave posted:

That dude did not want Keqing because of meta...
If he was horny for her he'd have whaled, horny beats meta every time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is Noelle any good later on? I started using her for healing before I got the free Barbara and right now (AR25) she seems pretty great to me. Her shield thing lets me ignore most mechanics and she seems very tanky and does a lot of damage as well. Her heal isn’t that great anymore though so I just had to level Barbara up to replace my Traveler (who seems to suck really really bad???).
If you stack def and level breastplate her heal ramps up pretty hard, without the downside of getting you wet, provided you're in a fight that you can keep your shield up for the full duration each time. If you have C1 her burst turns into basically a full party heal, also. Noelle has been my main healer for a couple weeks now and I'm very happy with her.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Then I read that the thread thinks Lisa, the ranged electric caster with auto-homing attacks is C tier, and suddenly I found clarity
You can't blame them, Genshin Qanon told them she was bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Should I do for def or def %? Do I trade atk % for def(/%)?
All her talents scale off of def and you probably aren't relying on her for damage so I wouldn't worry too much about her atk, and she has a pretty high base def so percentage will probably work better for you. That said, you only really need as much def as you need healing output so if you reach a point where you're satisfied with her healing you can swap in a geo dmg or atk artifact no problem to make her a little more useful during healing phases, in my experience.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

For the character banner, it says that there’s a 50 percent chance that when I get a four star it will be one of the ones on the banner, and if I don’t get it the next one is guaranteed. Is that only for the first pull, or is it always 50 percent?

And if so, then if I’m trying to get a character that’s not on the banner (like my C1 for Fischl) would I then be better off pulling on standard banner!
You've got a tiny chance of pulling any individual character, I think its like a 0.18% base chance per pull of getting any given 4* character before pity kicks in. The standard banner has a ton of crappy 4* weapons in the pool also that you're going to get at a 50/50 rate. The event banner has some weapons on it too but you get more characters on average because of the pity rate ups.

If you really want more Fischl you're better off just waiting for her rate up to come back around, unless you're really willing to whale for her.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tsyni posted:

I missed the discussion of the magic crystals you can get. Do all they spawn everyday, and the blacksmith just points you at a certain amount of them or how does it work exactly? Haven't been farming them enough to figure it out.
They just added magic crystal deposits next to all the existing regular crystal deposits, and they seem to respawn at the same rate. The blacksmith just marks them on your map, but if you already had them marked you don't need to talk to him.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In a world where a not small number of people have magic gems, being able to summon an elemental lightning crow is not special enough for a chuuni like Fischl

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its really easy to look forward and calculate how much you actually need to do to clear the BP and imo if you're going for it its definitely something you should be looking at. You don't necessarily have to do every weekly or even every daily to get to 50, there's a lot of slack. I barely did the leyline one at all last month and still had a ton of bep leftover

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't see why you wouldn't want the talent drops or the prototypes, or at the very least the bep

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They gave a lot of free pulls out at launch also. After the freebies dry up you get enough gems from the dailies to do a free pull every other day + whatever you get from daily logins + events + abyss

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

People want to kiss the boy, believe it or not

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think its worth spending gems you don't want to spend just so you can get enough stardust to buy a few more pulls. Its a consolation prize currency, and yeah you're technically getting 60 pulls for the price of 50 but if you didn't want to make those 50 pulls to begin with you're just letting yourself get tricked

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They've also referred to this as the "Teyvat chapter" and your character is already a dimension hopper so they've already written themselves a justification for adding stuff indefinitely

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Is there any evidence there's actually an exploit? That dude is just repeating the same uninformed speculation thats all over reddit and discord but there's no proof that its actually people hacking you in coop. Just reminds me of any time people get hacked for doing something risky (and the genshin website notably has a bad session hijacking exploit that can make all kinds of things risky), they immediately latch on to whatever explanation that absolves them of responsibility when its usually way more likely they just had a bad password and someone brute forced them

if its actually something about uids which I find really unlikely, then make sure you delete all your screenshots off of twitter or whatever, also

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

To the people worrying about the BP earlier, theres 645 bep in dailies and 5220 in weeklies, 25 days/4 weeks left including today/this week, meaning 16 levels of dailies and almost 21 levels of weeklies. So if you're anywhere above level 13 right now you're just fine. If you actually want to clear the BP I definitely encourage you to pull out a calculator or a spreadsheet to see exactly how much effort you need to put in, because some of the weeklies are just pains in the rear end and aren't worth doing (the leyline one especially if youre not interested in grinding them)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

S.J. posted:

I hit BP 40 today oops
Its all the same in the end, just whether you wanna put a lot of effort in up front to get your poo poo sooner or half rear end it for the full season. Good news is you dont have to give a poo poo about anything anymore, dailies alone will get you across the line

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

UltraRed posted:

Is it just me or is level 70 StormTerror broken? Was every platform was damaging to stand on? I had to give up and do one lower because I couldn't justify wasting all of my food.
He'll do it on a timer but also seems like he'll do it randomly sometimes, I had bad luck this week where he did it three times in 30 seconds and was in full enrage for like 60% of the fight. You don't take damage if you're on riding the air currents though, and most of his attacks won't hit you in the air either. You can sustain your way through enrage for a long time like that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Normally it's a very predictable fight for me idk what happened this week, I broke him and he did the first roar as I'd expect, and then as I was gliding over to the next platform he roared again (and made me fall to my death since I was between platforms) and then did the third roar after I got to the safe spot. Never seen it go that way before

I have seen real enrage before when I tried to fight him way undergeared the first time, and the real full enrage he'll hit all the platforms with one roar, not roar three times

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a simple way of checking pity besides looking on the history and counting? I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
I hope at least you're counting pages and multiplying by 6, and not each pull individually

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bussamove posted:

Pull related, has it been confirmed/denied if Diona got added to the regular pool? I'd like to know if the 4* at least are going to be available once the banners cycle, I know the 5* are currently not.
Not until 1.2

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

I like this game but it never scratched the botw itch for me at all
It did for me for the first about 8 hours, and then it turns into a very different thing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You get a free prototype from leveling the tree anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

moush posted:

Why? Mihoyo is caving to people who did no due diligence and now are making power creep the standard or else people are going to whine and start law suits to get their way. Are you also happy when parents cave to their children who throw tantrums for candy? The precedent is pushing FOMO harder than ever before which is good for no one except whales and Mihoyo.
I did my due diligence, Zhongli was very cute + a boy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm not happy until MHY buffs Zhongli to give me a handy with every ult.
Can... they do that...?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wonder for how many of these people Genshin is their first gacha. Like all the Destiny youtubers that ruined their lives trying to make Genshin content because they fundamentally misunderstood the game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The hosed up thing is I'm not even that huge of a Zhongli fan..Childe is better.
Yeah but doing my due diligence here, checking all the values and characteristics, I'm afraid to tell you that Childe is a much lamer boy and isn't hot OR cute.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Just give everyone a free Zhongli, buff or no buff.
That's right. Give us a buff, meaty Zhongli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Wait, I don't follow this game outside of the thread. How was the outrage of Zhongli being poo poo a nationalist outrage?
He's the God of China, so obviously if he isn't the best character in the game you're a traitor to the country