Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tangerines posted:

I would also like to know this. I've been getting talent ups and ascension mats but outside of that just exp books. Not sure when I want to move onto artifacts but assuming 35?

Artifacts should be at minimum 40, but prerably 45. The reason for this is 45 when it guarantees 5* artifacts from domains, and given the artifact xp and mora limitations you don't want to be upgrading stuff that you will replace short-medium term.

I am AR 43 and still run a mix of 4* / 5* world boss drops on my 2 main dps, hand me down blues on support Fischl and random unupgraded junk on all my other characters. I have clear floor 10 of abyss but am stuck there as i don't have a second water character to get the 6th star with my somewhat unoptimised team.

Until AR 40 concentrate on getting your 2 main dps prepared so you can upgrade the character to 78 and their weapons up to 80 as soon as you unlock it, then work on getting your supports ascended at level 60 for the second passive, and farm their talents and weapons up.

By 45 you should have level 6 talents for the necessary talents of people you use(ie don't level the auto attack if they aren't main dps, you probably don't need to go all the way to 6 on Qiqis ult because it heals you to full without that, Fischl doesn't really need her ult ugraded etc.), a good range of 4* level 80 weapons across your main cast, most of your main guys at L60/70 with the main dps near L80, and saving up some mora.

Then you can run artifact domains for a couple of levels before getting prepared for AR50 ascensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

No Wave posted:

The most optimal long-term way to spend your time after AR40 is to farm all of the weapon ascension mats you will ever need. I don't think I'm really that patient though.

The aim of optimising is to maximise the amount of primogems you get from the abyss so you can roll more. If you just farmed weapon mats then you are missing out on a large amount of gems short-medium term.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

No Wave posted:

you get 18 AR XP. He's supposed to very rarely drop a trivial amount of primogems but I've only gotten cabbages.

Are there any screenshots of that or is it just some guy's uncle who works for mihoyo?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Descar posted:

Wow they really cut down inventory space this patch... from 30k, to around 2k for everything combined/weapons except artifacts that only gets 1k ..
I guess you can get your inventory space back later for $$$

It changed to 2000 slots, so you can basically carry infinite stuff now.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dropbear posted:

Thanks, this helps a lot - didn't consider using instructor! Characters are just 40 atm, adventure level 25. I suppose I could switch Amber for something (electric? I have Fisch), but the +25% ATK from resonance sounds like a lot. Does it not add up to that much in practice?

Which characters do you have overall?

From what you posted about earlier, it sounds close to what i use.

Put a Crescent Pike on Xiangling and use her and Chongyun as your two primary DPS.

Your abyss teams will then be Chong/Barbara/Kaeya/* and Xiangling/Qiqi/Amber/Fischl.

The main DPS do the heavy lifting, with Barbara on Chongyun's team for freezes, and Kaeya and Amber in the slots for resonance. In certain circumstances you might need to mix it up for counters.

I got to floor 9 with that setup before deciding to level up my Venti to make getting stars easier.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

kater posted:

Any recommends for what to focus on to drag this group of shitters through Abyss 10? Don't have any non-generic artifacts so I need to decide what/who to focus on. Floor 10 is heavily Fire resistant and has no bonus to much of anything so Klee being my primary is a bit of a catastrophe. Noelle and Jean are my other built up DPS options, with Jean slightly behind. I can manage the first two rooms but 3 is a complete disaster. Both A and B sides are fierce as gently caress

My thoughts is getting Sucrose to 60 and some of that Anemo set would be the strongest power up.

You shouldn't have a problem with 10-3 with Xingqiu.

Chain stun the first pyrogunner then take your time with the boxer so you have all your stuff ready for wave 2. When the second wave starts, just blow all you have on the boxer. If he uses the wind aura then either spam dodge to try and iframe the damage or use an ult to dodge it. You should be able to easily iframe every suction punch you trigger as well. One trick you can use if you are dying too fast is to switch to geo mc at the transition then put a rock under one of the gunners in hopes that it will bug him out so he will deaggro. Other than that just get your second DPS guy maxed so you aren't eating the damage penalty for being lower level.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you have crescent pike the use Xiangling as your second dps. It really doesn't matter that much what the rest of the team is because it depends on what you are facing, but a standard lineup of Diluc/Diona/Chongyun/Venti and Xiangling/Barbara/Fischl/Amber is whati would probably run with that account. This is assuming Diona is a viable healer, i've not got her.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

dogsicle posted:

with only a partially-built Diona i'm not really sure, but she gets half the number of healing ticks as someone like Bennett and her burst has worse uptime. her shield may mitigate the need for healing but overall it seems riskier than more dedicated healers.

I was thinking with his lineup you could use Chongyun's E then Diona's E to feed her energy as they have the same cooldown. Alternatively if you don't need the healing you could do it the opposite way round.

CJ fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 14, 2020

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, just pulled a Kequing. It's a shame it's such an investment to bring them up to speed, makes it feel like I need to be 100% sure what I'd be doing with her (relative to my current party, she's clearly a carry) before I start trying things out.

You pulled one of the god carries, not really a hard decision on what to do. I've been slowly raising Diluc all week, 20 resin at a time. It doesn't take that long to get them fighting ready in the big picture.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Helical Nightmares posted:

I'm using Kaeya over Chongyun for my Cryo because I prefer the Sword moveset over the Greatsword. I've given Kaeya a 3 Star Fillet Blade (level 60) and I have two more Fillet Blades. Should I sacrifice the extra Fillet Blades to the main Fillet Blade for increased attack damage if Gash procs?

Gash: On hit, has 50% chance to deal 240% ATK DMG to a single enemy. Can only occur once every 15s. The stats in italics will improve upon refinement.

You shouldn't be using a 3* sword on a main DPS but if you are then definitely refine it to max.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If like me you got hosed by RNG and didn't get a Xinqiu, you can do floor 10-3 by putting Barbara on the first team and Lisa on the second. Her burst destroys the fire abyss mage shields so you can use Barbara for the pyrogunners. I finally got past that lovely floor then 6 starred floor 11 first attempt.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Qiqi is an amazing healer. Her E does sustained healing, does damage and applies cryo. Then if things are betting bad you swap to her, do 1 attack combo to apply a seal and now your carry can't die while attacking. Then if poo poo really his the fan you ult which does a bit of burst healing and damage andyour main DPS REALLY can't die for the duration.

I think eventually though it will come down to which healer can contribute the most damage while keeping the team alive.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's especially pointless in this game anyways given the difficulty is very low and even in Abyss which is the current top end content people have taken only freebie basic bitches and cleared.

Who has done that?

Tier lists are good because it gives people a quick reference for the current understanding of who is good or not. This is important in a game based around investing resources.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The new event gives 40 crystals per 20 resin so that's like getting 10 hero's writs or 100k mora from a leyline.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The question is why don't you want the talent drops?

But they also can drop 5* gladiator.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
For people asking about artifacts, this is what my artifacts look like at AR 45. I 6 starred abyss floors 9-11 with this.

Get all attack artifacts on your main dps, and max them out. Then over time as you find upgrades (higher rarity, better substats) upgrade those and hand the old one off to other characters in order of how important they are.

For other characters just put together set bonuses with level 0 trash.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ash Rose posted:

I'm at AR 33 and Traveler is really starting to feel like dead weight in my team, but I have no idea how to make an actual team based on the characters I have. My team I have been using is Razor, Bennet, Barbara and Traveler(anemo) .

In my roster I have Keqing, Xiangling, Noelle, Sucrose, Xingqiu, Ninguang and Beidou (plus all the freebies). Should I stick with this team I am using, or should I invest more in some of the folks on my bench?

I am not a Razor player but i assume you want Kaeya for superconduct.

You should level up Keqing because she is very good main DPS 9use her for your second team in abyss if you don't want to use her in the overworld), and Xinqiu is one of the best supports in terms of how much damage he adds. from the backlines.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MadMadi posted:

I'm still very early in this game (AR12), but hearing people with crazy deep rosters has me wondering if the frequency of pull currency picks up much. I've done 2 so far (Noelle and Ningguang) but don't feel like I'm getting more of the currency to do pulls.

It's the opposite, you get a lot more at the start from quests, abyss and opening all the chests in the world. After that you are down to the 60 per day from dailies and whatever they give you for events.

I started about a week after launch and from spending no money this is what i have.

(2 Venti, 3 Sucrose, 2 Chongyun, 3 Noelle, 4 Fischl, 5 Xiangling, 3 barbara, 1 Klee, 1 Qiqi, 1 Diluc, 1 Diona, 1 Ningguang, 1 Beidou)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Quetzadilla posted:

Ok that's an insane roster for F2P. Fuckin FIVE 5*?

Yeah, i only hit pity for the first 5* which was pull 80 (they all came from the event banner). I am at 171 pulls for event banner and 36 for standard. The more interesting part for the guy i was replying to is the amount of 4*s as those are more consistant.

Also this was the craziest part:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Rexicon1 posted:

Seriously though. What is a Genshin

The kanji is 原神.

原 means original/primitive/unrefined. 神 is god.

Genshin is the Chinese derived reading reading of it in Japanese, so i am assuming the Chinese reading is similar. Since it's a Chinese game i'm not sure if they use the Japanese pronunciation in China or they just used the Japanese pronunciation in English.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Not really an option for me. :(

Why not?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So i've done Dvalin 4 times now and every time it has given me a plume. I just want to upgrade Chongyun or Xiangling's autoattacks come on game. At least Diluc will get fat once i get round to levelling him up.

He also dropped a spear prototype. So i use it to refine Xiangling's spear? I still have another spare in case i ever want to make a second Crescent Pike or Prototype Grudge if i want to shuffle things round.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7000

Hope you don't want those new 5* weapons because they stacked some real dogshit on the 4* rate up.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Dunno if this Zhongli is any good but they made a cool trailer for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oBpaBEMBIM

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

So I started (very) late and only just now hit AR 35 and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting ARs faster than I'm getting materials to keep my characters as equipped as possible. Is "Whoops I accidentally built my team bad and now the world level is too high for me to feasibly get anything down" something I need to super concern myself about, and if so, is there value in sticking at 35 while I dump resin into the bosses I can currently kill so that I've got the leveling materials once the world level starts getting Up There?

You only need to keep up with 1 main dps. Everyone else can lag behind. Delaying world levels is dumb because you get more mats from higher world levels so you're only falling further behind. If you managed to really gently caress yourself and can't even kill world bosses then ask for help and someone will kill them for you. If you are so far behind that you need to burn a few fragile resin to catch up then do so.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Whose idea was it to put Kaeya in every Test Run EXCEPT Razor's?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
My Chongyun now has Sacrificial Greatsword and exile's set, so if the sac sword procs i get a full ult bar off the double E.

It made me wonder who has the lowest ult cooldown? I feel like you could do some silly stuff with a party built for rotating ults with stuff like exiles and noblesse.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

lagidnam posted:

When you have made more money than anyone expected:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1334149308380180481

This is just the "Klee sends you random poo poo" event but with different wallpaper.

I wonder if they plan ahead a time how many primogems they give away in a patch and then divide them up among the bugs as they are fixed.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcgf0ALMoKA

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think people are mainly upset about Zhongli because he is a major story character who looks cool and everyone likes and is meant to be a god, so it feels bad when he doesn't reflect that mechanically. People probably wouldn't give much of a poo poo if it was Albedo.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Isn't big part of his powers gone now, after he gave them to Signora? Like with Venti, the godly power is mostly gone story-wise, or am I interpreting it wrong?

He's no longer a literal god but he's still strong. Either way she also stole Venti's power and look how that turned out.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is today's glider challenge messed up? I feel like I'm going crazy but the first ring has you too low to hit any of the others.

Press E.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Zhongli's ult should summon a giant loving geo spear that does the petrify and then stays behind and acts as a pillar. It would be a somewhat minor buff but also be cool as gently caress.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
After about 30 minutes of trying my friend found a way to log into Mihoyo accounts, and if you don't have an email or phone number set you can change the password as well. I know you need an email address to make new accounts now but if you have an old account you probably want to set your email address.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They should make the 5* pity and 4* pity separate. It's really annoying when you are pulling for 4*s and get a 5* on the 9th pull.

That said, i'm up to 7 5*s as F2P now. I don't know what upper percentile that puts me in.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When is the next banner going to leak? I still need Xinyan but i feel like i should start saving for Bennett at this point given my streak of dodging every 4* i want.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you do domains in coop then you have the added benefit of being able to steal the party leader's ore to keep your daily refinement capped out.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Wait is the abyss resetting again today? Did i gently caress myself by putting it off for last week's reset?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I continued the F2P lucker streak and got Albedo 10 pulls after Zhongli. Got Xinyan and C1 Bennett in the remaining 9 pulls so i think i'm done with this banner unless i want to try for the final Fischl constellation. Standard banner wishes gave me C1 Ninguang and a load of 4* weapons.

What do i do for team comps for the new abyss with these guys? I know it's Geo focussed this time but which of the 5 Geo characters that i never use do i want to gear up for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You can peek at the weapon, artifacts, and talent levels they give trial characters through the radial menu. But yeah they tend to load up on ER on those setups.

He has 4% from artifacts and 55% from Favonius.

It's mainly because you are fighting a poo poo load of low HP slimes who poo poo out energy when you damage them.