Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I was saving my primo to roll for zhongli, but I needed 2 more star glitter to get bennet from the shop, so I pulled once....and blew my guaranteed banner 5* and got childe :( and I STILL dont have enough glitter for bennet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Tsyni posted:

These are the stories I need to stay strong. Until I pull a Mona dupe when rolling for Zhong.

My only other 5* is a C1 qiqi, so at least now I have a good pick for a main dps. Still, I have no good bows for him, so hes going to be on the back burner for a good while. Hopefully these rumored new prototype weapons will have something good.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

I'm glad I picked Mondstadt to level first, because I'm probably going to have to use the teleporter for the remaining delivery quests. I've got a PS4 slim, so I'm losing 30 seconds on the clock.

I hope they are planning some sort of optimization for console players soon, I did the Chi of Guyun quest today and the vault section was nearly impossible with all of the lag.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

this is the dumbest loving daily and I wish it never existed

I can usually do it with "chip them down, then pluge attack/noelle's ult" but I think that's the configuration where I have to use QiQi's ult to get them all in one go. It wouldn't be so bad if the harder configs gave you 2-3 more seconds. I almost always skip this particular one and the "destroy the balloon over a water course" because they just arent worth it.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

I'm working on equipping my Noelle to help out with the Childe boss fight since I can barely pass it by the skin of my teeth. Do we know if the new claymore in 1.2 is going to be support oriented? I'm probably going to go Whiteblind, and I've got two prototypes, but I don't want to waste one like I did with my sword prototypes...

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

TheFluff posted:

After thinking that fight is super tedious for like three weeks I finally put in some absolutely minimal effort in studying it and discovered that (rather unsurprisingly) he has hydro and electro RES out the wazoo - seriously, in phase 3 he has 70% RES to both of them. Switching comps from ones involving Keqing, Fischl and Mona to a Xiangling/Fischl/Diona/Bennett melt/superconduct comp just made the entire thing absolutely trivial. I feel really dumb now but welp, never too late to learn I guess. You might not be having the same problem at all but I figured it couldn't hurt to share.

Actually this does help, as I use Fischl for a lot of my dps when I'm too scared to get close. I should be able to do a melt team, I'll have to see if that works better for me!

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

All the weapons were datamined ages ago. This is the new claymore

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/snow_tombed_starsilver/

Thanks, I couldnt remember what it was called and google was failing me. I keep forgetting about that site

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Even though I got pretty much everything I wanted out of this last banner, I still kind of feel like I should pull for Zhongli. I love his character design and story, it's just a shame he's mechanically full of jank and just not terribly fun to play as :(

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Indecisive posted:

don't feel obligated, you'll never need specific 5* to play the game or people would riot. but he is getting a buff to be less janky so if you like him don't feel bad about going for it

Oh I realize that, and I'm not going to pull. Even with the buffs, I dont think I'd care for his playstyle. I much prefer the Tartaglia I lucked into. It just feels like this great character was wasted.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

bandaid.friend posted:

If you don't have the time for the whole event, prioritise buying the crystals to refine the sword imo

And grab the chunks that upgrade the refinement level. I've got it on my Benny and its adding a very nice increase to his E.

In order to access all of the mountian theres a fairly long quest chain, but I don't think you need it for the event. All of the event missions have spawned below the cutoff at the Statue I think?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

RosaParksOfDip posted:

So I was away from the game for like 3 weeks and boy howdy did it greet me back. Diona constellation from the free basic pulls I got from leveling people and Bennett from the 3 premium pulls. Gotta figure out what to do with this buffing fireboy now. Also I have to figure wtf to do with this event poo poo. is there even time to complete anything?

You should be able to, none of the event stuff takes resin, and so far they've just been "fight 3 waves of normal mobs", repeat about 20 times to get the shop bought out. The quest line to unlock the domain is much longer.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

On one hand, as someone without either Venti or Zhongli I am very happy to see a rerun. On the other....all of my primos are being reserved for Xiao now that I have Albedo.

Also, it low key annoys me that the only collectables in Dragonspine are mint and pinecones, maybe a few conches. They couldn't give us some mist flowers or something, or a recipe that uses more than 1-2 mint?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

I'm sure this co-op event can't be THAT bad at WL5..... :eyepop: Jesus, at least they could spawn you into the shield area if you retry while the death zone is active. I think I died 3 times back to back because of that.

Did they do ZERO testing on the beta servers? It feels like if you were physically plugged into the server you MIGHT have enough time to reach the safe area consistently.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

zgrowler2 posted:

oof, good to know. guess I'll keep at it, thanks for the heads up

There is one that WILL respawn on the ledge you reach with an anemo pillar. I think I used the one next to the ruin guard to melt a chest or something, so I had to use the one up there for 2 of the 3 pieces of the pillar.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

So I started the trial of tianqiu quest and I think I’ve hosed myself over because I can’t beat the trial that has me killing 5 enemies in 1 minute. The two fire slimes are loving me up because my main dps is Klee, and my next best dps is Qiqi but she doesn’t do enough damage. Klee is lvl 60, Qiqi is 50, and everyone else is 40. This quest has locked me out of coop mode and I can’t do the Act IV challenge because it won’t let me, even if I choose to do solo mode.

E:

What do I need to lvl up to finish this?

Two fire slimes? Oh buddy, you are on floor 2 of 3 :( electro is pretty good on pyro slimes, you might be able to make do with Lisa. Razor has a pretty fast E, so if you have the exp books he could be an option too. But a lot will come down to how leveled up your artifacts are.

The last floor should be much easier for Klee though.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Finally cleared out all of the shops, so I decided to bite the bullet and do the WL6 ascension quest (I hit 45 a week before the event started so I didn't want to screw myself for the boss). Clearing that, I went straight from 45 to a third of the way thru 49. Whoops...at least 50 is another quest locked upgrade.

Now my only problem is going to be keeping my focus on finishing artifacts for my carries (XL and Tartaglia, they both have mediocre gear at best) before building the C1 Keqing I got off the standard banner.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

The seelie sight isn't very useful, it just gives a general "it's off in that vauge direction" that's not easy to see.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

Hu Tao's voice lines are fully datamined, Rie is unhinged in this role

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/char/hutao/#scroll_combat_sounds

Wow, the eng VA isn't too terrible but Rie just knocks it out of the park

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

BexGu posted:

Yeah, I got a Diluc/Albedo/Bennett /Fischl. Before this banner I was running mostly a Diluc/Fischl/Barbara/Xiangling and was gonna try a suggestion of double pryo/double geo with a Diluc/Albedo/Bennett /Ningguang and some other different comps. I guess I find the game more fun just dicking around exploring so being way ahead of the power curve was really nice. Dealing with the new area with leveling 69 monsters is annoying. Really glad I finished the event when I stayed at AR35.

It sounds like you might be spreading yourself too thin by leveling/building too many units at once? With just Diluc and Fischl you should be able to handle the majority of the open world content. The general advice is to keep a DPS or two as close to maxed out as you can with weapon/talents/accessories and let the supports else lag farther behind.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

I really hope they up the talent drop rate at some point, it's such a slog to get to lv6, never mind the rng for 7+. The extra mora and exp books from events have so far allowed me to level up whoever I feel like trying out, but the talent books just dissapear instantly.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Archonex posted:

I don't have severe issues with it. It's just that it's such a crapshoot whether or not the game is going to gently caress me.

I've gotten nothing but crabs, flying birds, and crabs and flying birds together (With those storks sitting on the water. :argh:) in at least one run. And the thing just kept spawning hydro mimic bombs at the end of the round.

This is half the reason why I still haven't farmed it for XQ, even though I'd love to use him for a vaporize team. The last few times I ran it, I got the flying birds on every single spawn. Even using Qiqi to heal through the damage and provide come CC isn't enough sometimes if the RNG decides to screw you.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Asimo posted:

Potions are cheap as hell, you may as well use them on anything even vaguely troublesome. I mean it's what they're there for.

Oceanid still loving sucks though, and I say that even while relatively trivializing it with Klee/Chongyun/Fischl/whatever.

They would help more if Oceanid didn't waste so much time that my buffs run out 2/3 of the way through the fight :argh:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

No Wave posted:

Yes. Of my 5*s I've found something like two cryo, five pyro, five hydro, three phys, four anemo, four electro, four geo.

I feel like I'm RNG cursed with artifacts, I've only ever gotten TWO 4* phys goblets, and while I have 7 or so crit dmg hats at 4-5*, I've only pulled 3 crit rate and all were berserker.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

I just recently started working on building Razor and I have to say, he's a great pick if you don't have a ton of resources (and if you're kind of terrible at this game like I am). I gave mine a prototype archaic, a handful of talent levels on his basic attack, and 2 hand me down artifacts at lvs 8/10 from XL and he's already pulling his weight at lv 70 against the mini bosses. On a team with Fish and a cyro for superconduct he outperforms my Tartaglia, who needs a hell of a lot more setup to reach full power.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Is the score not accumulative? I just ran it twice and my score is still the value from the higher run.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

It's not cumulative, it's simply your highest score total.

Well that's disappointing. Guess I won't be maxing out this event.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Oh really? I didn't realize that.

I've been shamelessly using it to charge ults and restore hp when I eat it in a domain, I really wish the statues worked like this.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Man, clear pool was pretty nice to me today and gave me three 5* bloodstained cups with phys dmg. Of course, the substats on all three are like flat hp/def/atk but at this point I'll take it, not like I'm planning on doing the upper floors of abyss anytime soon.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

English livestream up https://youtu.be/nOTm7ur4eZo

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Aw the leyline rate up is event locked :(

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

I'm hoping that they're going to start running 2 character banners at once rather than Xiao being 2 weeks. Like, here's a new unit banner and a rerun banner, take your pick.

I just realized it's likely we'll get Barbara on Xiao's banner, she hasn't gotten a rate up since Venti and pairs nicely with his skillset. Hopefully we'll also get Ning as well.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

No Wave posted:

I didn't know how Xiao's plunge worked until recently but he may actually do a ton of damage. So idk if he looks fun for you maybe that's not so bad.

EDIT: Shop is Beidou, Noelle.

I've been waffling on my shop pick all month since I use both Fischl (C5) and phusical Xianling (C1) a lot. Does Xianling's C2 provide a lot of damage/pyro application? I'm leaning away from Fischl simply because it feels like future pulls would be "wasted" but if her C6 is THAT much more powerful than Xianling's C2, I could live with it.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

I've probably spent 40 wishes on the Keqing banner hoping to get either her, Qiqi or Mona and just got a 5 star weapon that I have no real use for. Before I got Ganyu I got Amber and Noelle. Sometimes the odds really are against you.

Hate to break it to you, but there is no rate up for ANY unit on the standard banner. But Keqing will be the 5* focus of a banner later this month!

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

I heard it too, though it sounds like some of her lines were rerecorded

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

He feels a lot like Tartaglia in that you're going to have a blast doing a ton of combos for stupid big numbers, but you better be able to end the fight fast. At least taking an HP penalty is easier to work around than "welp Tart is useless for the next 20-30 seconds"

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Same, that plus the icicles stun locking you forever makes it the worst domain. Noelle is pretty much required there just for the interrupt resist.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Ranting on the internet to improve RNG luck...

Dumping most of my primos into Xiao got me up to 65 pity and still no 5*. Normally I'd stop here and just wait for a new banner, but I REALLY don't want another Keqing. At least this batch has gotten me my first Stringless, first Diona, and enough merges on Xinyan to make her viable, if I ever have the resources to level and gear her. Mihoyo, I just want another anemo to replace Traveler for resonance, is that too much to ask?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Anemo is the only element that didn't have at least 2 4* at launch I think. It's kind of weird, I wonder if they thought it would be too OP to have more in the standard summoning pool? Or they just assumed everyone would use anemo Traveler lol

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

TIL that if one of your inventory tabs is full (let's say artifacts) then you can't make any wishes, it'll give you a warning and kick you out until you free up space. I can only assume this is a holdover from back when all of the inventory shared a single space counter. Funnily enough, it let me go over the 1000 artifact limit when I picked up my drops from the wolf boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

ssmagus posted:

Quite a few people just don't upgrade artifacts at all until they get a top tier roll, as that is more artifact and mora efficient then upgrading a lesser relic then feeding it to a better roll later.

It's a bit of this, I haven't done much of spiral abyss and the overworld stuff is pretty easy even if your artifacts at level 10. I'm not looking for perfect rolls or substats, but I usually only upgrade if its decent and has the set bonus I'm looking for. Also I just forget to burn through the trash once a week.