Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

elemental sight is tedious to use so yeah i mostly do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

With leveling people getting harder as you go up in World levels, I'm starting to have less fun with the game.

Trying to fight that Ruin Hunter robot Bounty with Kaeya, Barbara, Amber and Razor because it's immune to Electro and Geo but Razor's my go to basic attacker- what the hell else am I supposed to do? Aside from Ningguang everyone else I've pulled is Electro- and haha, you've gone to WL3, it's Level 53 now gently caress you

It's such a long slog to level people up now that I've been playing it for about a month and burned away most of my purple exp books along the way and I have no way of dealing with enemies that aren't weak to electro. It's why I still haven't unlocked Xianling, since Razor's my heavy hitter and the third floor starts you out with a bunch of giant electro slimes and my only Pyro Character is still Amber. At least Barbara's a caster and doesn't have to charge an attack to use an element, and Kaeya's recharges pretty quickly.

Razor is really not much of an electro DPS, i fought the same or at least a similar (electro immune) bounty with my typical Razor superconductor team (includes Kaeya). when you run into electro-resistant or immune enemies you just get superconductor applied and whale away with Razor's basic attacks and mainly use his skill for its energy generation ability and his ult for its atkspd increase.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

1.2 could be dropping two more archers on us so there's still use for something like that anyway...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Radical posted:

someone said the earth guy was a catalyst user but im not sure where that info is from

that'd be better for my weapon selections but iirc both Albedo and Ganyu were part of the big model leak and i'm assuming their weapon designations were listed in that stuff? since both have been treated as bow users since

e: at the very least Albedo was in that leak and it had other characters with "confirmed" element/weapon associations like the anemo gs user and another electro sword user

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as someone who farmed Noblesse post-40, can confirm it's pretty bad. the timepieces especially were rare for me so on top of garbo stats elsewhere i didn't complete a 4pc set worth running.

also my plume rolled into the def% on every raise so i have something idiotic like a 26% def feather with atk% and recharge

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Ganyu leak images at least have the correct element background this time, which makes that earlier leak of skills even stranger.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with only a partially-built Diona i'm not really sure, but she gets half the number of healing ticks as someone like Bennett and her burst has worse uptime. her shield may mitigate the need for healing but overall it seems riskier than more dedicated healers.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mae posted:

I forgot you could do that with the dragon and the wolf, thaat's good info.

it'll work for Dvalin and Childe because they're in domains, the wolf being a single overworld spawn you trigger means you just have that one unless you set up co-op

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Yo for real have your DPS ready to level to 80 when you hit AR40 or you are in for a rough time.

Things have gotten real for my level 70 dudes.

i'm still running around with lv70 DPS at AR45 so i'm not sure what the issue is. it wasn't until this WL increase that monsters even reliably went over my level to start decreasing my damage significantly

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's really just the geo shockwave that's an issue. even when knowing what you're doing you need to quickly get over to a random pillar and pop the shield generator for safety. that move also being one of the faster and more damaging moves does make it dangerous, i still tend to eat a hit from it before getting the shield up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The shield generator isn't on a random pillar, it's on the one the hypostasis itself is on. You can whack the pillar from inside the shield so that multi-shockwave attack is actually a huge dps window.

yeah, but it's random in the sense that the cube can/will teleport to any of the available ones to set up the attack there.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's not (yet) part of the battlepass or anything, but yeah it's another chance at world boss drops and the new skill mats it drops are for Childe/Diona and future characters

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

your choice ultimately is going to be whatever balance of efficiency/potency you like. i do tend to make Noelle's because she has an okay balance of the two, but there are ridiculously ingredient-efficient revivals like Bennett's (1 egg) or Amber's (2 meat) and then a slight step up you have Ningguang (1 meat, 1 flour) and Beidou (1 meat, 1 chili). Sucrose has the strongest revival specialty but it's disgusting due to requiring multiple processed ingredients, notably crab roe which has a 4:1 processing ratio.

e: not having the shrimp ball recipe until now, i forgot about it. that's an option where you don't need to roll specialty RNG but it would be quite costly due to shrimp being purchase-only and potato being difficult to farm in large quantities.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 15, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i only run Barb as debuff clear so i'll usually put a Sac book on her for more frequent access to her skill

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

berenzen posted:

Xingqiu also does this while not costing you damage, letting you run literally any other healer that can add additional utility. XQ also provides damage reduction and prevents interrupts in addition to having an incredible amount of damage on his burst.

it's obvious he's the better hydro support pick, i just don't think he's replacing the need for a more dedicated healer. with most people being limited to Noelle/Barb/Bennett, i don't see them having the luxury to ditch or write her off as one of their better healing options.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

raising her is helpful to get some extra max hp for ability scaling, she'll be useful again on a floor like 9 where you've got electro Fatui paired with cryo ones where her shield is especially strong

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't worry about raising any DPS to 80 until you're nearing AR45 where enemies in the world reliably spawn at high 70s/80

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that specific person definitely is unhealthily obsessed with an ideal of gameplay they aren't currently meeting

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I dunno if I agree with this.

There are plenty of level 72 mobs running around that give enough of a pain in the rear end when you are 70.

Those extra levels really do help.

a 2 level deficit shouldn't be giving you that much trouble unless you're behind in other areas like artifacts or talents, which then would be your priority for investment instead of levels. most of my combat in that WL was just using a C1 Razor superconductor team with 4* weapons so it's not like i was throwing ridiculous 5* stuff at it either.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but from the basis of "everyone can be good" it's still important to have some indication of how much work it actually takes to make x character good, because they are far from equal in that regard. i'm not going to pretend every tierlist is made from this pov, but it just so happens even something dumb like the genshin.gg one falls along that basic line of how the high-tier characters are powerful/useful with less investment than your Ambers and Lisas

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

I actually strongly disagree? Like you want to wait months to pull your first five star? Huh? That sounds absolutely horrible. Also you aren't even gauranteed to get the banner 5 first try so what are we even talking about. Just rip open poo poo and use what you get. Unless you specifically don't want the rate up characters I guess.

it's not like you need a 5* at any point, so long as your 4* roster isn't giving you a headache then it definitely makes sense to save rolls for a better chance at a 5* you actually want.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't put much stock in elements being "bad," other than obvious things like current Abyss having a bit of a pyro bias. Razor circumvents the element issues anyway because he works so well as a physical DPS, just pair him with a barely-raised Kaeya and your other slots can be afterthoughts (ofc Sucrose will be great for grouping enemies for Razor's AOE skill and ult).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it doesn't hurt that the big vaporize enablers are Mona and XQ, both having great numbers for damage support

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think in this case it's mostly because Mondstadt is fake Germany

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

Although, if Monstadt is fake Germany, where is Fischl from if she can't speak German?

Immernachtreich, duh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the struggle to get a good element/phys cup is one of the reasons it's advised you just use any good off-set cup you have. and get set bonuses through the other 4 slots

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mr Snips posted:

Do we know if the event will be giving out AR exp? I'm so close to AR45 but I think the only way I could hit it this week would be to spend resin on the bosses, which I'd ideally like to avoid so I can make the most of the increased drops

there are images of the resin step rewards out there and it has the usual 100 ARexp per 20 resin ratio. the crucible event was the same way as long as you actually used resin on it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bruceski posted:

How are y'all seeing blue on the big map for meteors? I don't see that.

it only shows them on the minimap as you get near, afaik. the event information page will let you ping the general large area they're all in to start with.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aminus should be matching if not outpacing Debate Club around lv60 but in general it's going to be the better long term investment anyway so i would shift to raising it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well I did just pull her and there are a bunch of EXP books to get from the event. Could just have her steal Razor's weapon and artifacts even though I don't think Gladiator's is the most ideal on her. Was already wanting to get her to a decent level anyways just due to how she synergizes with Childe.

i don't think she's really going to improve your Oceanid times over Razor, especially when he can easily kill the flying birds with his held skill while she can't.

raising her for other reasons is fine ofc, not really sure how people rate her Childe synergy yet

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the next one is the same, because it's a possible bis spear for DPS Zhongli and a claymore you would only use on Noelle or Xinyan

i still can't tell if Xinyan is actually good but at this point i think elemental shield supports are kinda op

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as long as people know "bad" is in this case an oversimplification of "this character is resource-intensive" there shouldn't be much issue. that initial assumption pretty commonly creates issues though, which is unfortunate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

Are we getting three new areas every day or just today and tomorrow? Every day seems crazy, that's 15 purple books.

just today and tomorrow, then the second stage unlocks and we can start spending resin

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm still just wondering what exactly about test run Childe made him feel so much better than mine :sigh:

someday i'll get there

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Most likely just raw talent levels. If you don't have him at 70 yet there's also the talent that makes melee stance crits apply Riptide. You can actually view his character page in the free trial through the radial menu. They have him at Level 80 with a Level 80 Favonius Warbow, a set of 4* Brave Heart artifacts, and Level 8 Talents.

yeah going back in to check it seems like talents and artifacts are where the disparity is. he's definitely benefitting from the Brave Heart 4pc effect and also running 50% crit while i'm down at 10% with 4/6/5 talents even though my atk is higher due to running Rust.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

So tomorrow is 3 different areas + the ones we didn’t pick up yet? I haven’t been to the bottom right area yet to get those today and wasn’t going to bother but that’s cool if I can just do it later.

the event page doesn't list an ending date for the specific stages, so unless the later ones require full completion to that point it seems like you're fine to deal with them whenever during the overall event period

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the mora/exp/weapon exp are definitely why i like the BP even if i wouldn't otherwise pay money just for those. they've really conned me with the idea of "value" i guess

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Wait... is it not 20 meteorites per area? Only finding 19 in Dadaupa Gorge.

afaik the first days areas were 21/20/19 each, so it's not a consistent number

there should be player-made maps with each location marked to count/compare, and following one shouldn't leave much room for error

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just wanted a compass and accidentally did all my stuff in Liyue the first week, so i'll get to Mondstadt in a couple weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, the WL scaling hitting the meteor salvage stuff makes it a great value and it's nice to know i can just dump my condensed resin and not worry