Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Did some pulls and got a Xiao and felt pretty good about that, then looked over and saw my boyfriend pull C2 Xiao and then the Jade Spear back to back. welp :shepface:

I have a Skyward Spine, but I don't know who it'd be better for, Zhongli or Xiao? I have Favonius Lance and Deathmatch as alternatives for whoever doesn't get it, but I like both characters and plan on using both as carries, so... :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Clarste posted:

This camera event is the worst event ever. It is almost impossible to predict what color it will decide your photo is.

That's because it's randomly determined. You take photos of poo poo that's the color (today's being red means, like. silk flowers, apples, fire flowers, etc), and any dupes you can trade with people on your friends list to ensure you can get a full set (I dont know if its guaranteed to always give you a set each day, though).

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I know slamming multiple 6*s together will always be good in this game but there's something incredibly satisfying about putting Zhongli's shield and Qiqi's orb on Xiao and just liquifying enemies with his ult without any HP concerns. Bonus if it's in Bennett's ult zone. Xiao's a ton of fun and putting something like the Favonius spear (or, well, SS) on him helps a lot with his energy issues.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it loses 5% or 10% of its health each time you have a shield when it does its big attack and it does it anywhere between 3-5 times per fight depending on how long it takes for you to kill it

not only that, if you use a geo shield or a shield matching the element it's infused with when you fight it, the amount of HP it loses is significantly more. Zhongli or Noelle make the fight a lot easier to deal with, to the point my boyfriend and I literally sat down and farmed the mats we'd need from it to take Xiao to lv80 in like an hour or so

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I really wanted Qiqi because she paired well with Razor, and now that my Xiao has replaced Razor as one of my carries she serves him very well (especially when you use her ult before his, it completely erases the HP drain). Slap a Sucrose in the team for the anemo res and use the last slot as a flex (Fischl, Xiangling, XQ/Mona, etc) and just wreck face.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I was originally planning to pull for Hu Tao because I like her design and her kit seems fun, but I already am working on Xiao and ZL as my two carries so I think it'd probably be better if I pulled for Staff of Homa instead and then just sat on primos until we get a Venti rerun. Which sucks, because again, I know I'd have fun with her, but I also don't know where I'd slot her in on the teams I'm already working on. (Maybe a co-DPS with Xiao? idk)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Did a bunch of pulls and didn't get Hu Tao but DID manage to get C5 Chongyun and C3 XQ, so it's not a complete loss. Might try to at least hit pity before her banner ends. Boyfriend's really sad though bc he got her really quickly, lol. Thaaaaaaat's gacha

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Well, I hit pity, but got Jean instead of Hu Tao. On the one hand, I'm happy because Xiao is one of my carries and she seems to be a really good foil to him. On the other hand, I really wanted Hu Tao. Going to resist the urge to :shepspends:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I'm mostly torn between whether to go for Childe or Eula as who to blow my guaranteed pity on. My current carries are Xiao and a ZL/Ning hybrid, but sometimes I want something different... :shrug:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

From the datamines its in the same category as the bow that's on rate-up right now, but its secondary stat is Phys DMG% and when you consume its Sigils it boosts ATK% and ATK SPD; even though the buffs are different it can't stack with the bow's sigil buff.

^^ efb

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I read it as the two can't stack because they both have the same buff name, but since we only have one weapon in the set available right now we'll just have to wait and see how they interact :shrug:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

gently caress MY LIFE

i had guaranteed pity and i did a single 'gently caress it' 10x before properly saving for Eula because 'i literally just got Jean, there's no way I pull the 5* within 10-20 rolls' :smith:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Water falls whenever it rains.......... :hai:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

As someone who also just got Tart recently my understanding was that Tart - Fischl - Beidou - X is a pretty solid team comp with the last spot saved for, like. a healer, or in my case, Zhongli

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I'm pulling on this banner as much as I can because hey, I'll take a C2 Zhongli, and if I get a 5* that's not him, well, I also like what's been "shown" for Eula, so win-win

Yanfei's kind of a 'well ill take it' bc i've...basically never used pyro while playing this game despite getting a c6 xiangling back at launch and immediately benching her lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Tae posted:

The game forces you to use pyro, how

my main carry for most of the early game was Razor who said I didnt need to care about elements that much :shrug:

and then my second 5* was Zhongli (first was Mona, but pbbhtttt if you think im gonna use her lol) so I basically never really had to care about elements that much until I started getting units like Xiao or, more recently, Childe. I dont have the other big carries like Diluc, Klee, Ganyu, or Keqing, but gently caress if I don't have basically every support 5* this game has ever loving introduced that isn't Venti :thumbsup:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1386943193833517059?s=20

edit: went to the link and it's already down. loving incredible. that didnt take long

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mix. posted:

oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1386943193833517059?s=20

edit: went to the link and it's already down. loving incredible. that didnt take long

...did the genshin twitter get hacked or something, what the hell lol

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1386950494614999042?s=20

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Sorry Eula between this guy's animations and the fact I pulled an Aquila Favonius a while ago I guess I'm gonna be goin for him instead :shepspends:

Only reason I'm not saving immediately is bc I want to try and get Zhongli C2

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Yanfei and C5 Diona obtained (meaning I'll C6 her w/ the event). No 5*, but I didn't have a ton saved anyway, but I'm fine holding off until wind katana boy

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I went into the teapot and immediately felt exhausted just looking at all the free space to put stuff down in, but I think that's also just residual fatigue from spending multiple hours per day over the course of like a week getting my xiv house set up and I'll feel better about it when its not 2:30am

i can also already tell this is going to be another animal crossing game where i see people's designs on twitter and feel like we're playing two different games once there's enough items put in

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

world boss is just a long-time mmo term for bosses you encounter out in the field instead of, like, instanced encounters like dungeons/trials

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

padijun posted:

so to me they're all world bosses. big bosses, out in different parts of the world, doing their own thing

hey dont look at me i usually just call em the weekly bosses :shrug: wolf's the weird one. wonder if they'll ever make him instanced, too, just to make it uniform?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i like playing xiao and am honestly kind of glad he never gets included in these kind of forum brawls about who is bad or good :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

xiao's ult + xq's ult + jean's ult + zl's shield is some fun bullshit, i dont even need bennett

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

playing as noelle in this event made me decide it was finally time to build and use her, which led me to discover that i somehow only have her at c0 despite playing since launch :v: rip that i guess

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i want kazuha because i already have jean and xiao so might as well make it a hat trick (i didnt pull for venti because i already have ZL and dont wanna make the game TOO dumbed down :v:)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

RareAcumen posted:

Argh, these outfits are giving me FOMO.

The outfits will be available for purchase after 1.6, they aren't limited, so you don't have to worry about missing them.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

really want kazuha but klee is also very tempting, aaaaaargh

stopping myself because i still havent finished getting artifacts for childe so a new 5* that i dont already have some stuff for would just be more work (and also i have yanfei), but.... klee :3:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i like xiao but didnt look at any of the buffs so im just assuming he's unchanged :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

inthesto posted:

Okay I know I have over a month to do it, but because Genshin content producers are loving insane, is there already a video with the locations of all the conches yet?

I just don't have to to comb through the islands and track them down myself.

kyo already has a first part uploaded so while its not the entire list its probably a good starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubipakVhpfc

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

so based on what we know about his kit what kind of carries is kazuha gonna be a good teammate for? i dont really think i'd want him on the same team as xiao (i already have jean for the anemo resonance anyway) so maybe have him with someone like childe or yanfei? :shrug:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The Fatui are Snezhnaya's military force and the agents we've seen in the story are "diplomats" who are actually there to essentially wait for the ideal moment to take advantage of some issue and weasel their way into the local politics scene. They have a bad reputation in the other nations because they've historically been deceitful and conniving and INCREDIBLY eager to gain influence in the surrounding nations; their biggest issue is that they are AWFUL at hiding their intentions so pretty much everyone with half a brain knows they have ulterior motives in most of the things they say and do and don't trust them on principle until proven otherwise.

There's also historical precedent for any villages/cities theyve managed to dominate being ran into the ground with taxation and inhumane capitalistic demands; Snezhnaya is the most technologically advanced nation, and that status comes at a very human cost. This also implies that their nation's borders have been gradually expanding over time as they take over more areas. Obviously, the grunts aren't "in on" what's going on and a solid chunk of them aren't even military (these are not the ones we fight in the field, these are NPCs like Viktor).

The Harbingers are the leaders of the military, but its not a case of having legions or specific detachments so much as its more that they're agents that have their own assignments/missions and the normal Fatui have to follow their orders while they're around- this is why even though Childe is the only Fatui stationed in Liyue, he's doing his own thing- he's not their overseer, he's just a higher-up that they have to humor if he asks for anything. (If you're interested, their naming convention actually comes from commedia dell'arte, a type of Italian theater which uses masks to designate what that character's role in the story is- Tartaglia is the lower class, clumsy jester who trips both over his own feet and over his own words, La Signora is the tough, beautiful, calculating woman who mocks others and manipulates even her own equals to suit her needs, Scaramouche is the unscrupulous villain with a penchant for intrigue and a tendency to be unreliable, often to his own detriment, etc)

Mix. fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 12, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I imagine its also a case of not wanting to piss off the largest military on the continent and give them any reason to consider invasion by force. If it's just a case of keeping an eye on the (very obvious) "diplomats" that they send and to keep them from getting their fingers into any particularly troubling pies that's a lot more manageable, which is probably also why Liyue let them set up that Bank

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Traveller posted:

And odds are the Tsaritsa wants to flip off the gods. From what I'm picking up, she was very let down by the glassing of Khaen'riah and other archons like Zhongli and Venti siding with Celestia - regardless of whether they had a choice in the matter, the Dendro archon of the era might have gotten killed for standing against it - and gave up on the concept she was supposed to embody, Love, to take the fight to the dick gods.

Since the current Sumeru Archon ascended right around the exact same time as 500, whether they're pro or anti Celestia is going to be very interesting because they basically inherited a very troubled position, lol. We know theyre the youngest of the seven, so i think it really depends on how long pre-Khaen'riah it was that Tsaritsa ascended (and possibly the specifics of her ascension). I'm hoping when we go to Inazuma we get some details on how Baal ascended and what the previous Archon was like, as she's the first of the non-original Archons we'll be meeting.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Razor and Lisa

Razor's is easy, he wants a world where humans and wolves can co-exist and not fight. Literally by continuing to live as a human among wolves he's asserting his will for this kind of co-existence to continue (esp now that he has some friends from Mondstadt to ensure that he's part of both worlds)

Lisa, yeah, she's a bit more of a mystery, but we also know for sure she is still considered the best student that the Academy in Sumeru ever had, and her move to Mondstadt was considered weird by them at the time, so we'll probably find out more about that when we actually visit Sumeru.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I put a little into ATK if I could help it for ZL (mostly through substats) just because sometimes I forget to switch off and start smackin but having Deathmatch on him definitely helps

Do we think aquila favonia would be worth putting on Kazuha?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Scoss posted:

In what way is Inazuma equal in substance to the original launch? Is it that big?

Remember that both Dragonspine and the back half of Liyue's story were not in the game at launch; they're probably including story in that comparison

(spoilering this because its leak tied) if the map that's been leaked is accurate, Inazuma is probably going to be around the same size as Mondstadt + Dragonspine, but because it's islands there's less actual land (and probably some stuff in the water to do, like the hilichurl platforms/outposts)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Tae posted:

A new land mass (current beta testing is only *half* of inazuma)

oh poo poo, that's news to me, I thought the beta was the full holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I thought Yoimiya's charged shot was used more if you were against a group of enemies since the fire arrows were homing(?) and you werent using it if you were trying to get the highest dps