Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
drat this thread moves fast, thanks for the answers earlier. How do battle passes progress generally? I've skipped some dailies, and some of the weeklies seem like a chore right now. Just hit BP 24, should I start collecting Monstadt specialties or is it out of reach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

TheFluff posted:

The weekly missions to collect local specialities are really easy, go look up routes for things that spawn in multiples like Valberries and Jueyun chilis and you'll get there in a jiffy.

I just became aware though, so it's A) is it possible and B) would I need to go all inn to max the BP now

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oo nice. With the resin thingy going now I wasnt sure how to approach it and I got the first battle pass a bit early/late(?), so wasnt sure how to approach it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
So uh the event is probably like done now, but I go here before starting any of deliveries to spare myself any irritation: https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/312437. It updates daily.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Amuys posted:

GENSHINGIFT is working again!

Hurray, thanks!

Finished the quests a little while ago, at AR 43 atm and Razor is still owning absolutely everything with phys damage. Is there a hard shift at the next WL or is he just considered boring or something? I dont even have a 4 piece gladiator with +atk yet, let alone 5* artifacts.

e: aww, "Dear traveler, you already used this redemption code: GENSHINGIFT"

valuum fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 22, 2020

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Gave co-op a go since I'm nowhere near those ^^^ solo clear times, but yeesh. Didnt seem like the people I matched with were terrible, just feels like the fight is overtuned for co-op?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Too unforgiving in coop, way easier in single-player. Then again I might've joined a higher WL, didnt check.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

you can shoot the head with Amber while you're in the ice bubble to stun it again

Thank you! Getting it down right after the first bubble now!

e: i'm such a terrible aimer though

valuum fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 31, 2020

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Got really lucky on this banner, got my first Bennett and 2 extras! He's bloody brilliant, and that burst charges amazingly fast.

Pity at 55, and the next one is guaranteed to be on-banner, so I'm noping out of this one (sorry Albedo, team's full).

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Wow that new co-op event is annoying. Missed it by literally 1 hit on the first try, then proceeded to get more annoyed and fail harder. What are the rewards for clearing it?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Whining helped, got it on the next try as they bundled up more. Forgot to pay attention to the reward though.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Asimo posted:

The hypostasis event is bad and horrible since timed bosses who have brief and widely spaced periods of vulnerability are just a way to get frustrated by RNG loving you. Timed content in general is bad anyway which is why the Abyss sucks too. :colbert:

Also it's really shown how lovely and underleveled my artifacts are and that I need to get off my rear end to get most of these above 12, let alone to 20. But it's so obnoxious to swap artifact sets between characters right now I can't help but raise a bunch instead...

Perfect post with good opinions. I just go in and stomp them for something like 1k and leave. Even that will take longer than bloody necessary because of all the invulnerabilities.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Change the default walk/run switching key, and live a better life. This is nice. I've specced out both of these characters, but have yet to try this.

Cant believe I havent done this yet, bad brain.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Everybody who stockpiled mint has got to be feeling pretty smug right now.

It's possible to play a game without hoarding everthing you come across at any time? :aaa:

Cant wait to get home and play, took a couple weeks off since it fit with the old BP.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I see some of you guys are using valuable low-level ascension materials for the transformator thing. 150 greys are 5.5 purples, beware your farming needs!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
poo poo luck the past few weeks, getting 1/10 purples and all bad weapons, combined with no good artifacts.

Naturally I will therefore show my only great artifact, that I love dearly, proving that everyone except you are lucky.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Stare-Out posted:

I decided not to save the five free fates and threw them at the Xiao banner and got C1 Diona. I never use Diona.

If you want to win a bet, bet against me. :v:

That's.. not how probability works, you probably shouldnt do betting.

LordVorbis posted:

I took a break after 1.2 and recently came back. Is this some system to burn excess mats for something somewhere?

Yep! https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Parametric_Transformer

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

RareAcumen posted:

Gah, I would've tried harder on Ganyu's banner if I had thought it out more and realized that she would trivialize Oceanid.

Welp, nothing left to do but throw my last roll at Keqing's banner and hope for an extra Ning to finally hit C6.

But but.. Ning makes it even easier?? You dont have to aim, you get shields, listen to some yadayada, done.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Whaaaaat the gently caress. I just found THREE chests and a bloody - uh.. those floathing things, cant even remember what they're called - just west of Wangshu inn. How the hell?!

e: one of them even had that red circle that you can see for MILES

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Those other floaties, it was a geoculus. Are there supposed to be more of them than is needed to max the statue?

(I've become one of those "I cant possibly have missed these chests before" people :()

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
e: ^^ Yeah true I guess.

108 gems for doing the event every day, got all lanterns as early as the second day. Wow what a bounty.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Been sitting on 76 pulls for ages now, got Hu on my third pull. My triple-A fire user, time to make a new team!

How is deathmatch for her?

e: c2 XQ to go with it, fitting!

ee: oh no, time to grind the new boss I guess

valuum fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 2, 2021

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

moush posted:

Even with low talent levels and underleveled char/weapon hutao does a ton of damage. She kills poo poo much quicker than my level 90 diluc with an 80 wolf's gravestone. As long as you manage your stamina she is pretty great.

This is the exact opposite of my experience (at low levels). She does a lot less damage than ning/razor/ganyu and is way more finicky. I'm fairly disappointed and wondering whether or not to bother with levelling her and her things up fully.

e: Zhong treatment, por favor :colbert:

valuum fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 4, 2021

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

No Wave posted:

I'm not sure how it's possible for your razor to outdamage Hu Tao. Her numbers are just bigger, she just plain does more damage than anyone besides Ganyu (power creep is here). She's possibly the most level-dependent character in the game, is that the problem?

Glad to hear it gets better/great, definitely sounds like a level problem. Only had a 50/50 of getting her so I didnt want to pre-farm disappointmentthe new mats, which she needs a lot of.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hu does a lot of damage, but I'm not really enjoying using her so far. In my experience she's too finicky, frail and e doesnt last long enough to be the main dps. Might just be a playstyle thing, but I'm relagating her to sub dps on the Ganyu team.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Did the last event water boss thing in co-op last night. 4 shots to kill the boss with my unoptimized Ganyu, felt great.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Doesnt sound right, is that the lowest possible health for the boss? Forgot to check their WL but I assume it was WL1.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Whoa, got my first billet in like 3 months or something ludicrous. A catalyst one.

edit2: And a claymore one! I wonder if they upped drop rates with the decreased resin cost.

Also got a billet today, cant even remember last time. Anyone else get billeted after the patch? Pretty please tell us they increased the rates.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I just did the daily for the clearly-not-a-fisherman-guy and noticed a balloon plant on the hill next to him. It's new right? Right? I have done that quest so many times.

Also, got Yanfei with my first/only 10-pull, yay!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Finally rolled my first 5* weapon with the new monthly thingies on the standard banner, huzza! Wolf's gravestone sure has a crazy amount of attack on it, too bad I stopped using Razor like half a year ago.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yes hello it's me, I am the one that thinks this event is dogshit

If you're me then who am I?? So confused.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Ok so let's settle this argument. She's not bad, she's just worse than all the other 5*. So from now on, please refer to her as The Worst and we can all get along.

e: mine is +1 :(

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I'm impressed at how much I hate this event. 4200 to get all the gems, I just got 180 for waiting around for 5 minutes. No, nonono.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dramatika posted:

I think the feature I want more than anything in this game is to be able to mark artifacts as fodder from the reward screen. I know full well that the Def % maiden hat with flat def, flat atk, and flat HP is never getting any investment, just let me mark it for fodder, god drat

Oh god yes this. Didnt know it's what I wanted, but it's now top of my list. Going through artifacts to fodder is a giant pain in the rear end.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Well gently caress, my computer died. How does the game perform on old and lame laptops? I would assume better than most, considering it works well enough on phones?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Man, some of the new gameplay elements are intensely annoying, especially when combined with old joys like wonky terrain interaction. Still absolutely loving it though, bought the login thing and battle pass because playing for free almost felt bad. I hope they drown in yens, yuans, moneys.

Flat earth confirmed. They should make this an option, looks amazing.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

kater posted:

strongly recommend torturing talking to saimon jirou before rescuing him.

Had no idea what you were talking about but randomly ran into this just now. Thanks a lot for the heads up, that was bloody brilliant and I'd probably go straight for the key if i hadnt read this first.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
^^ e: unintentional comedy would be better received if the area wasnt designed to be loving annoying

Space Opera posted:

It's really unfair that you can be hit by lightning during long dialog boxes. The first time I talked to the naku weed guy, I nearly got yeeted off the cliff by successive lightning hits as he kept chatting at me.

Cant remember where this happened to me as i smashed space through the text as fast as I could, but yeah. There are quite a few things that seem relatively obvious and should've been discovered/undiscovered/tweaked through playtesting.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Finished the last bits of inazuma last night and drat. Those huge, elaborate multiminipuzzle superpuzzles, absolutely loving them. The electro poo poo was super annoying, but I guess it serves a good enough purpose to justify its existence.

Got Sayu in 20, making my last 3 of my last 4 new chars anemo. Barely touched anemo before inazuma, now easily my favourite element.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Harrow posted:

I just don't like tower defense in general so I'm probably going to sit this one out.

edit: christ why is this a new page, I'm cursed

Same, and it goes on for ever and ever and ever. A x2/10/100 speed-up button would go a long way to make it tolerable for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Yeesh that bloody place has been driving me mad as well, thanks for the posts. Thosts.