Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F8bkyA8eBs

Same same, but different, but still same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Strong disagree on Chongyun being bad. I use him as support for my Bennett carry and he's amazing. I got 36 stars on the new abyss as a F2P (no welkin, no BP) with a Bennett, Chongyun, XQ, Sucrose as my Team A.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I just got a WGS today with my monthly shop blue wishes. First 5* weapon and only my second early 5* (pull 28).

I have a R0 serpent spine as well. Going to be interesting to see which works better on Ms. License Agreement.

Grats, I just got my first 5* weapon as well from the monthly blue wishes but I got a Skyward Pride and I don't have anyone who can use it right now.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
My experience so far is in 2 rebel games I climbed a tree and didn't have to move the whole match and climbing a windmill and also not having to move the whole match.

In my only match as a hunter one of the players ran back into my line of sight with the 3 second countdown going and lead me to another player allowing me to capture two players at once in the first 5 seconds of the match. Then I slowly tracked down the last player and won within a minute of the start.

Edit: I already have all my coins for the day because of these three matches.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Flair posted:

There are also the Mora achievements. Remember that!

Yeah, I got two of them already. The no disguise one and capture within 10 seconds of using hunch.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I'd run 2 and 2 just because it'll probably be easier to get better sub stats and those will be worth more than the 18% atk you get from the 4 piece.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I was hoping for more from the event but it just ended up being mostly the same as every other battle event where you get random buffs and fight random mobs with the twist of not being able to use your own characters.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I think you chalk that up to most phones having storage limitations.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Y'all crazy Bennett is the best carry out of that bunch. He's arguably the best 4 star carry in the game.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

xedo posted:

Currently, my main party is Bennett, Xingqui, and Zhongli, with the fourth being a rotation between Fischl, Ganyu, and Xiangling as the situation requires. Is there anybody else I should be using for that party I'm overlooking? I currently have every 4 star but Yanfei, and my other 5 stars are Albedo, Mona, and Eula.

Chongyun is very good on that team.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I don't see what's weird about Kazuha. Seems like he'll play a lot like Sucrose but give damage % instead of EM.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
That's going to depend on how long it takes to execute his e.

Edit: People use Sucrose's E in rotations as well, so I still don't see how this is different or weird.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 3, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
There are other teams like what I run with Bennett, Chongyun, Xingqiu, and Sucrose where he might be better but we'll see what he looks like when he comes out.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Patch 1.6 with the buff to EM and transformative reactions base damage should hopefully make damage calculations more varied and interesting as well.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
My bad I figured it was coming in 1.6 because it was in the 1.6 beta but that's probably a bad assumption.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
There are a few other things to know like movement values for individual damage and for team damage ICDs and Elemental Gauges.

I'd suggest Tenten if you like videos explaining some of this stuff.
ICD video
Elemental Gauge video

Edit: For text format of mechanics: https://library.keqingmains.com/

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 3, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
That's a weird way to talk about Bennett mains flex house.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

dogsicle posted:

Klee not working with XQ does diversify her from the other pyros, yeah. though overall her performance still won't be super different and you have all her animation cancel issues + fragility by virtue of being a melee caster with low defensive stats.

another upside is she's the only pyro to work super well with Venti since they decided Yanfei CAs shouldn't hit anything an inch off the ground (thanks)

Klee can work with XQ but she has to be C0 and not use her e and q while trying to vaporize.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Nice, good to see the EM and transformative reactions base damage changes in.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Mihoyo "leaking" their own stuff seems to have set off an avalanche of leaks.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Sucrose meta rise up.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
That overload Bennett team seems like fun but I don't have Beidou, so rip.

Edit: One minor nitpick on that video is that EM sands is standard for carry Bennett.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 8, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

Oh I just saw they buffed 4TF as well. It buffs reactions by 40% now instead of 15%. That's pretty sick!

I believe it's always been 40%, but at the very least it was 40% before this patch. It actually got a nerf with them fixing the super vape bug.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
That's when they'll add a 3rd chamber requiring a 3rd team.

Also this patch really puts a lot of the pervious patches to shame. Exploration is the strength of the game and I wish more patches were like this.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
She also might be able to take advantage of 4 piece thundering fury and have 100% uptime on her E. No idea if that'll be better but it looks like it'll be an option.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Yup, off field dps will be able to trigger her Q, so you can still use it.

Edit: Beidou will probably be the better electro to pair her with if you can figure out her energy issues. This is also dependent on if there are two or more mobs. If there's just one than Fischl will be better.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 14, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

dogsicle posted:

just pair Beidou with Beidou (Traveler)

that new electro kit looks incredibly stupid for generating energy

The problem is most people need to fit a healer or a shielder on the team and electro traveler can't do that.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I don't know if Barb can apply enough hydro but I could be wrong. And I'd probably use Fischl over traveler as well since you're trying to battery Beidou. Electro traveler seems to be more of a universal battery who will be worse than type specific characters like Fischl. You also have to be on the character you want energy for with his ult up and Beidou is off field in this group comp.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
The problem with Albedo and Zhongli to a lesser extent is their geo damage can mess up reactions.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Mailer posted:

I don't like pointing this out because "you can beat the entire abyss with f2p!" gets trumpeted frequently without "as long as playing the game is literally your job" appended. Enviosity has some amazing videos posted but they don't include the endless hours of failure leading up to the perfect run.

Enviosity has other silly restrictions like not leveling the starter character's talents beyond level 6 and no constellations. He's not a good representation of f2p as he's making things harder on purpose.

On the other hand I'm an actual free to play that has been playing since launch and I've been clearing with 36 stars for 4 months now. Most weeks I spend less than 30 minutes clearing 9 through 12.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Par for the course on our traveler's journey to be the ultimate war criminal.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
The abyssal mages could make the lectors and heralds easier if you use anemo characters to swirl their shields onto them. I also believe this is what they're intending since this is to help sell Kazuha.

Edit: Can also be used to infuse the anemo character's ults with elements.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 15, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Stare-Out posted:

Also there needs to be a way to recover from accidentally doing a plunge attack while gliding, the times I've gotten characters killed like that I can't even tell. All I can do is watch lil' Klee meteor down into the ground and snuff it, I swear.

You're in luck because there already is an option. Go to your map and teleport to a travel point.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
If you want to read a lot of words on it, have at it.

An Extensive Look Into Shield Damage in Genshin Impact

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Yes, that combined with the GU of the character only affecting the number of ticks and not the value which is set at 0.4 GU seems to make it weaker in practice. For comparison Ganyu's charged attack does 1 GU on arrow and 1 GU on bloom plus 1 GU from each ice shard(maybe every 2.5s not sure if it has an ICD) from her ult.

There's probably issues with ICDs as well but I don't want to get into the weeds with that.

Edit: They also said they were using Bennett who could have been consuming the electro before it finished ticking it's shield damage thus reducing it further. Not sure how much GU an overload does to a hydro shield or if by procing overload it's reducing the GU damage the vaporize would have done.

Edit 2: You can actually use the electro team on the electro side if your Bennett is running Thundering Fury since he'll chew through the electro shield just fine by himself.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 17, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
We were talking about damaging shields a few days ago and now TenTen has a video up for it. It looks like the problem with electro vs hydro shields is that having a lot of electro application doesn't matter because it doesn't speed up the ticks making it pretty weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07GgT6oxp2s

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Haha, more people in that sample are running Thundering Fury for Bennett than Witch. The meta has passed me by.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Flair posted:

I wish I knew this earlier, but the limited time islands actually have 3 locations where a chest may respawn daily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mx5uRX9CEs&t=2334s

I had 2 of the 3 up in my world and thanks for posting it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
You want a 2:1 ratio of crit damage to crit rate for most characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
It'd be a little fiddly since Fischl and Beidou snapshot, so you'd have to get the buff up before you swapped to them but I think No Wave is probably right in that the damage buff to those two is worth more than EM on Sucrose.