Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Wasn't expecting much from a lootbox gambling breath of the wild clone but I was surprised to find the game is actually... good? A lot of effort was put into this game and I'm having fun. I get the sense that the resources they are throwing at me now are going to dry up later and I'm going to hit some 'grind X or pay money' threshold. So far the only grinding I've done is exploring and I'm okay with that. Had a weird bug where most of my sidequests disappeared when I let players in my world, but I think it's because my world difficulty jumped from 0 to 1 while they were playing and it raised the AR requirement for those quests? Reloading didn't fix it but reaching AR21 did.

I used the steam big picture mode trick to get my gamepad working but there's this one annoying bug where the LB selection wheel doesn't work unless I let go of my stick the same instant as I release the LB button. It's so annoying repeatedly trying to open the map that I've gone back to PC controls.

I got 2 Bennetts. Been rolling with Barbara / Lisa / Kaeya / Bennett and it's working well. I am an idiot about not using my buildup abilities, they are forever too good to use. Yes that hilichurl is 15 levels higher than me but he's... it's fine. No need to use it. :geno:
How do you quickslot a healing item like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Oh I guess I was supposed to go around the mountain...

Hyper Inferno posted:

I would bet that charged shots are a DPS loss outside of Ganyu specifically for archers because the time spent taking to charge up a shot gives you less damage than just spamming normal attacks over time. The situations in which you do want a charge shot are for applying an element, hitting a weakspot for a specific effect (mostly stunning/knocking down enemies), or actual sniping from a long range to start an encounter.

That last one is a decent reason to not use Rust early game, but if you want to build an archer as a carry then Rust is not a bad option (except Ganyu). Other decent early game bows for sniping from a distance to start a fight are Messenger and Sharpshooter's Oath.
So why is Fischl supposed to be better than Lisa? I have them both around level 25 and I need to decide which electrical character I'm going to keep leveling. I do more damage from elemental reactions than attacking, and Lisa is a lot better at spreading those elements.

Fischl's elemental skill doesn't even seem useful for spreading electro since oz focuses on 1 enemy at a time instead of spreading electro status around. Fischl isn't even that good for popping the skill and switching since oz will not pursue any enemies outside his small aggro radius. From what I've seen oz just floats in place unless I keep calling him back to where I'm fighting is, which I can only do when I'm using Fischl. At best oz inflicts electro on a single enemy while I'm using a different character.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
So after getting the 2 guaranteed characters from beginners wish, I've made an additional 60 wishes and I've found 1 character. Is that normal?

I don't want to go up to world level 3 before getting my characters to level 40, but that's a lotta exp to be dumping into 2 starting characters that I'd rather ditch. :(

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Fischl and Bennett

Should I use rust on fischl or the 4 star bow with the atk speed increase? They both seem good

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Also,
Man, I'm super curious how you did this. So you got 5 four star pulls that were either duplicates or weapons? That's gacha, drat.
Yeah 5 four star weapons and a duplicate. :v:

e: Being forced to gamble doesn't make me too keen on spending money (that might buy more worthless 4 star weapons.)

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 30, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
This game has been great for chilling out exploring and chest hunting. Lovely music too.

Like y'all said, rust Fischl and Bennett is really all I need to get by. I wanted to buy welkin's but at this point I'd be better off rolling a new account and buying welkins there since I wasted 100 early wishes on dups and weapons and now those freebies are drying up. I'll probably just finish the story and call it a day.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
On the standard banner, if you get a 5-star weapon does that reset your 5-star pity timer? And you won't get a guarantee of the next 5-star being a character? I won't be doing 90 more wishes on that banner regardless so I guess it doesn't matter.

The character event banner says the 5-star has to be a character. I hope that means if I get a 5-star spear, the pity timer for a 5-star character persists until I get a 5-star character?

Also I presume the story is a work-in-progress. If starting Chapter I - Act III requires adventure rank 35 I would imagine by chapter 4 or 5 I'd have to be at an adventure rank that doesn't exist yet.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Wait, am I not supposed to be pumping C0 characters all the way up to L70? Don't know what else I'd do, all I have is c0 and c1 chars.

How do I get gold when the chests dry up? I can do the ley lines but it seems like a waste of resin when I need the weapon/talent/character ascension materials. Also artifacts jesus I'm still using blues.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Should I focus on finishing the main story at AR38? I've put it off since I'm doing the commissions, running through my resin, and doing the limited-time quest stuff. The main story and all those side quests will still be there when I get around to them. Unless I'm missing something good like that teapot thing?

I'm up to 65 wishes on the character event banner. I really don't want Klee but I'll probably get a 5-star spear I can't use. I'd love to get Sucrose so I have one dedicated anemo user, I desperately need c1 for Fischl since she's my only dmg dealer, and I'm using Barbara so why not fill her out if possible. I need 180 wishes to for-sure get my first 5-star character right? I'm sitting on thousands of XP books and weapon ore just waiting on something to put them into. I leveled c0 Fischl and c1 Bennett then there's Barbara 20 levels behind them and that's my team. 2 healers and a bow user. :banjo:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Heck yeah I finally got Fischl c1. I thought Fischl c1 would be 20% ATK dmg as electro but it's just extra physical and only when oz is not deployed. If I time things right oz is out 100% of the time anyways 10s summon->pop ult for extra 10s->summon for 10s etc. So c1 is pretty underwhelming but c6 sure seems powerful. Also is there any way to mute Fischl forever? :bang:

I started using using the exile set on Chongyun since his burst ult only costs 40 energy which makes him handy for topping up party energy. Slowly making my way to AR40 so I can get some legendary artifacts but I worry about being able to complete domains/bosses at world level 5. I need food buffs to make it through character level 71 domain challenges so the next tier up would murder me.

I'm at 70 wishes on the char event banner, perhaps this would be an excellent time to wait for the next banner. Is it confirmed it'll be a 5-star anemo character? I'll take that!

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I'd forgotten how much easier it was to get around with Kaeya + Amber.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
The trick to catching them on PC is to have lovely internet. Same with lizards and frogs.

Fighting cryo mages and cryo archers while standing in a pool of shallow water is frustrating on a level I didn't think this game would surpass. But ohhh man did they outdo themselves in the islands with the "clear the mountaintops of enemies" challenge. Getting blasted off and dying means a tedious climb back up. The enemies get knocked off but land on some small perch and you have to glide down to get them (so long as you NEVER GET HIT gliding.) Sometimes they get knocked off again and respawn up top with full health and now you get to climb up again while they shoot at you. I had enemies get knocked off and respawn back top multiple times until I gave up.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Is it better to go full HP or full energy recharge on Bennett? His healing is so fast it seems pointless to focus on buffing it further when I could really benefit from having his elemental burst up more frequently.

I was looking forward to hitting AR40 and apparently that was a mistake because right away I'm faced with grinding every fatui agent on the map until they're all gone. The past world level difficulty bumps were like a hurdle to jump because I could quickly ascend characters and weapons and begin catching up. Hitting AR40 is more like a mountain; weeks of grinding just to ascend characters and talents. And all that time I'll be facing enemies with nerf bats for weapons. Ugh :eng99:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
How are you supposed to kill the anemo hypostasis? It says collect all the wind particles so I collect all the wind particles and then nothing happens and the boss regenerates. That happens twice and then on the third time I'm guessing they limited how many times the boss can regenerate so it thankfully dies.

I can kill the cryo/lightning/geo hypostasis before they regenerate I assume I'm doing this anemo one wrong. Collect all the wind particles, the dialogue telling me to collect all the wind particles disappears, I can't damage the core and then the boss regenerates.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Tarezax posted:

Elemental Mastery only affects reactions and geo reactions don't do damage. Ningguang wants the standard dps stats of atk, crit%, and critdmg.

edit: also a geo damage cup
Does elemental mastery affect how fast elemental damage brings down shields?

I notice using 0 dmg barbara she can bring down shields fast. I have her elemental mastery at 345 with a catalyst that's 40+ levels below my other weapons.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Does world level affect the rewards of sidequests or did they just word that poorly? I assume they mean commission rewards not all quests rewards.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Is there any reason you'd ever want crit dmg as a stat? I'd think crit rate would be far better than crit dmg unless you are building around an already high crit rate but....what are crits even? Do they have any special property like a multiplier of the max dmg roll instead of just a multiplier of a roll? Increased knockback? Do crits bypass defenses? What can crit? All attacks including AoE elemental skills? Can elemental reactions crit? What about healing?

I notice there's diminishing return on the stacking of ATK% on artifacts and weapons so maybe I shouldn't be building around that alone, like stacking some phys dmg% instead.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Really appreciate the advice on using condensed resin. I had thought they meant in addition to the usual 20 resin cost so I didn't pay much thought to making any. Now I don't have to grind through my resin every day since I can just log on and craft 4 resin for tomorrow and then bail.

dogsicle posted:

i can't even maintain motivation to farm ore daily so artifact routes just seem ridiculous now

not to mention the low exp values of those artifacts means you have to throw so much crap at an artifact to level it. i'm glad i can just circumvent both these issues with the teapot juices
How much do I need to level my teapot rank before I get whatever that is? Also I need to have someone on my friends list to join their teapot? I still can't figure that part out

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
At this point I'm unwilling to invest in c0/c1 characters further so I've been amassing resources for... someday. Gonna get something good someday. :smith: I wish someone told me how few male characters there are in this game when I was picking the MC.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Where's the 4th trounce domain boss? I have stomterror, wolf dhavilin, and childe with my main story completed.

I got to the top of the mountain and unlocked the domain but haven't found a trounce boss there yet. I assume it's somewhere in the mountains since unlocking all the geo-pillars wasn't the 4th boss.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Meiteron posted:

The 4th boss is linked to Zhongli's character quests, of which there are two acts released. If you haven't done those yet then you'll need to unlock them with the daily commission keys and play through everything until you get to the boss fight.
Am I supposed to be able to beat him with no geo? Fighting him again with no Zhongli was a long and awful fight

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Glazius posted:

You can probably get through the worst of it by tactically using Noelle, though she hasn't got the Zhong uptime and you might need to buy time with Diona or Xinyan. Actually attempting to brazen through it with Crystallize crystals isn't going to work too well. If you get frustrated when Boreas body-blocks you from picking them up, the absolute unit that is Azdaha is going to make you burst a bloodvessel.
I was asking about Azdaha. I was fighting him with no geo, it really sucked. Took forever.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I only have a 50% chance of getting Kazuha for my first 5* right? After all the waiting I'm still wholly at the mercy of RNG and there's like 10% chance I get Keqing who I'll never use. That would be soul-crushing.

Whoever I get they are very likely a sword user so I really need another 4* sword. I have a L75 prototype rancour at R2. I have two lovely-looking 4* swords with energy recharge and 2 extra sword billets that I held off using in case I came into this situation. So here's hoping there's new craftable weapons or I'll get something with the 6000 primos I saved up.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Gnostic Hymn costs $10, at least on PC. Buying Welkin+Hymn is a total of $15 e.g. the standard vidya game subscription price.
What does gnostic hymn actually do, from the text it sounds like you need to pay $20 to get all the bottom rewards. Does it let you choose some of the bottom rewards or does $10 give you all the bottom rewards? And is that even worth it? I mean it's a lot but that's 2 welkin moons. Seems like there's diminishing returns on how much you can whale

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
That was fast! :toot:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
L60 Kazuha alone, with no other character, is far a better damage dealer than everyone else in my party and that's hilarious because he's 20 levels under them with mismatched artifacts and less talent tevels. Also the anemo particle generation is insane, not sure if that's Kazuha or just the way anemo works because I haven't been using anemo until now. When I'm actively switching and using Kazuhua properly as a support there is a non-stop damage explosion festival. Just mashing Q constantly in my all support team.

Mind you, I'm nowhere near those higher abyss floors. I'm just struggling with basic stuff that someone who started playing 2 months ago would struggle with. I'm so used to dredging along with Fischl + Bennett. Every problem I encounter Fischl + Bennett has been the solution and I've just made it work even when it really doesn't. Anemo solves so many problems I have had.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

gandlethorpe posted:

I think Kazuha does bring something to the table that's either been so scarce or incredibly cumbersome to use that it's essentially new, and that's buffing ele DMG. Sucrose only gets it at C6 for infusing her burst and only 20%, while the Petra set is just not worth the trouble. Meanwhile, Kazuha can maintain at least one buff nearly permanently in battle and can realistically achieve the numbers to grant a +20 goblet's worth of ele DMG to the whole team.
So should you build Kazuha for elemental mastery and energy recharge? I'm conflicted about using a sword billet to get Iron Sting for ele mastery or just dumping ore into a Favonious Sword for energy recharge which is useful for a support role.

Are swirl reactions affected by ATK at all? I've been going under the assumption that the elemental skill anemo dmg is determined by ATK and all elemental reaction damage is solely based on elemental mastery.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

gandlethorpe posted:

Ugh, I'm 3 ganoderma off of getting Kazuha to A5, and apparently it takes 3 days for them to respawn.
Another player was farming them for klee in my world right before the new banner dropped and now I can't find ganoderma anywhere. He was very thorough. :smith:

Stare-Out posted:

Ten pulls, two Flutes and two Razors. Ughhhh
I'd be thrilled to get 2 chars from 10 wishes. I got razor and then 18 wishes later another razor.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Tanreall posted:

Bennett deserves more love in these conversations about pyro carries. He easily competes with any of the 5 stars if they're C0.
60 wishes on this banner and no Bennetts. :argh:

Harrow posted:

This makes Chongyun look good as hell and now I want to build him too

I want to build too many characters :ohdear:
Up until this banner I've been running c0 Chongyun as my 3rd character (I only leveled 3 characters by AR45) and I wish I'd stuck with Kaeya. Kaeya is much better at applying cryo with both his elemental skill and burst. Chongyun has a much longer skill cooldown and his burst is a 1-shot AOE cryo. The one thing I'll say for Chong is his elemental burst only costs 40 energy so I run full-exile on him to spam his burst and recharge everyone else's energy. Thing is Chong's skill doesn't generate much particles and with the long cooldown he's pretty bad at building energy on his own (probably why his burst costs only 40 energy.) Feeding Chong energy to generate energy with exile's is pretty silly, as in why am I doing this? Extra steps when I could just not use Chong and accomplish the same thing.

The reason I went with Chongyun is I wanted someone to gather ore that I wouldn't have to swap in/out.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I put a teleporter on the wind island way off the coast and it's been great for gathering crabs. Seems they only spawn once a day but I can vacuum up like 20 crabs real quick.

Now that I have a full team at 70+ I'm able to clear the AR45 domains, but I have so many talent/weapon domains to do that I haven't been spending resin on farming 5* artifacts yet. I don't want to advance to WL6 until I spend some time getting better stuff. I dropped down to WL4 for doing sidequests and character story missions and I'll probably stay there a while.
During the summer island 'clear the peaks' quest a cutscene started showing the precious chest opening while a shield mitachurl was charging at me. I exited the cutscene after being knocked off the cliff, falling to the bottom and dying. I had climb all the way back up.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
After all this time I went back to the abyss and still can't beat floor 7. The enemies regenerate health faster than I can deal damage. I'm 10 levels above them.

Kazuha's burst seems to use clientside hit detection. Like I can have a bad enough lag spike after popping Kazuha's burst that it will deal no damage whatsoever to the enemies being hit by it. If it was serverside everything that happened after the cast is used would be unaffected by latency. Instead it behaves similar to when you lag too much and half your hits don't register because the netcode is throwing expired packets out.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Fischl chat: Is it better to go Pale Flame or Thundering Fury artifact set for her? I've been using pure ATK physchl and the +100% physical damage bonus from Pale Flame sounds great assuming the bonus applies every time oz hits. Thundering Fury's reduction in elemental skill CD would be great too, but if pale flame really works with every oz hit then double damage just sounds way better.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

No Wave posted:

Sacrificial Bow works on every Oz hit so I assume Pale Flame should as well. The nice part is 4Millelith is really nice for her support build so you can farm that while you're at it (you're trading 15% dmg on Fischl for 20% atk on your other three party members which seems like a good deal).
I enhanced r0 Rust all the way to 80 so I'm definitely more geared for phys dmg fischl. Cool, guess I'll go pale flame. I'll take a look at tenacity though.

I saved all my fragile resin and now that I'm clearing L90 domains I figure it's time to start burning through that resin. I'm not gonna upgrade anything until I have a full set, but how does one go about artifact XP farming?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
So how does geo work as a damage type and why was someone saying geo doesn't pair with anemo?

I'm leveling up the MC and their geo talents. I think I need geo for some of these L90 domains as well as the spiral abyss. A week ago I had no anemo and was using elemental skills to bring down shields and then slogging through with physical damage. I didn't realize how badly I needed an anemo user until I got Kazuha and everything became super easy. I suspect the same is true for geo and once I start using it I'll wonder how I managed certain bosses without having geo.

Is there any way to control what element gets swirled with Kazuha's skill & burst? Like I might have electro applied to hydro slimes but I get a hydro swirl. Or there is a campfire 30 ft away and Kazuha decides start another wildfire on a scale Bennett could never hope to achieve.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I have ~300 XP books, I want to get another character leveled. I'm considering Razor, Xingqui, Xiangling, or Rosaria.

c2 Razor: Has a huge normal attack % even at talent 1 and I heard he synergizes with Fischl somehow? Too much electro but he could take Chongyun's greatsword.
c1 Xingqui: A useful hydro user since god knows Barbara doesn't deal damage.
c2 Xiangling: Revolted by her eating endangered species but she's c2 and I got a 5* spear from my standard banner pity. 2 pyro team for the ATK bonus is a plus.
c1 Rosaria: A better option to make use of that Skyward Spine spear, especially with a crit build. Chongyun being a weak link in my team I wouldn't mind a different cryo.

Or I could save up like I always have. My god I started during the 2021 Venti banner and didn't get a 5* until Kazuha. Which is why I'm suddenly excited about trying new characters - it's fun.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Sweet I could roll an all-rude team with Kazuha / Bennett / Chongyun / Xingqui.

I'm still torn about using my last billet to craft the iron sting, which would go to Kazuha for elemental mastery. I need another 4* sword weapon so saving doesn't seem like an option. I made a prototype rancour and took it to L80.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Ahahaha, this is the last thing I was missing to 100% monstadt. Not some seelie hidden in a tree canopy, nor an anemoculus at the bottom of a cliff by the edge of the map. What eluded me was a depth shrine in plain view of monstadt.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I just now realized that you can switch recipes for transmuting the ascension materials. I also learned to press L.

dogsicle posted:

I'm having that same thing i swear someone else was having, my VV farming is dropping a ton of ele%. got two identical phys% with atk%/crit/hp%/def% and a pyro% yesterday. also pulled out anime promising crit hat that can roll all into def%, no progress on Barb's maiden set or EM pieces
I went for my best 5* VV feather/blossom and then used 2 VV with ATK% primary stats and my last artifact as a 5* elemental mastery of any set.

After a week not seeing a single elemental mastery VV (not even 4*) I said gently caress it and leveled those artifacts up to 16. I'm done with Kazuha artifact farming for now, I've wasted enough on it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Kazuha is my first 5* and he is extremely good. Great for exploration, strong support that works well with all my characters. My only complaint is I cannot figure out how to control his burst infusion. Like if I'm fighting lightning slimes and I drop a Chongyun's cryo skill and then hit Kazuha's burst it's gonna be electro infused which is... not helpful.

Look at this enemy/loot vacuum :toot:

I've rolled on the Venti, Childe, Zhongli, Eula, and Klee banners but it wasn't until Kazuha that I had my first pity. What's weird is after all this saving and waiting I'll be getting a new 5* right away. I dumped 60 wishes after getting Kazuha hoping for another Bennett and I have more than enough primos saved to hit my next 5* pity on the next banner.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I feel like I still haven't learned the fundamentals of this game, or they didn't stick.

Just starting I was using elemental reactions all the time. Apply element 1, apply element 2, big boom, repeat. Around WL4 those elemental reactions were looking pretty puny and that's when I started building characters by leveling artifacts and skills. But that just meant maxing out the ATK stat, and from that point on my strategy has been to use elements to drop shields and then uhhh, well attack. Attack with whatever hits hardest. I have 3 characters that deal damage so those are the only reactions I have an understanding of. Maybe vaporize is really good but I wouldn't know because my pyro is Bennett and my hydro is Barbara and both are max HP healers so I never see vaporize dealing meaningful damage.

Now I'm just throwing Kaz in the mix and maybe I'll get an elemental swirl that works on this enemy, maybe I wont. :shrug: At what point are most people able to complete Abyss 8? I barely got through floor 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Jean's pants are tame compared to the yoga pants I've seen at the gym. Skin-tight yoga pants with seethrough/mesh sides along the legs and all the way up is pretty common in the US.