Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That is an A+ tier opener OP. Well done.

edit: Maybe say what a gatcha game is? This game is the first I've ever heard of it.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rolled 10 wishes on the banner. Got Beidou AND Childe :black101:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thinking of running who is the best carry out of Beidou/Childe/Xianling ? Thinking of swapping out my MC carry so I don't lose out on 1/4 of that character experience. I like having a claymore user in the party and am thinking of swapping out Noelle

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The experience from actually fighting stuff is basically 0, it seems like an afterthought. And it doesn't seem to scale up at all at higher world levels, so it's even more pointless beyond level 20-40.
For the most part you're gonna want to use your exp books on whoever your main carry is ASAP.

Childe is a fun character who does tons of dps during his melee form but has to wait for a long cooldown after swapping out of it, so if you wanna use him you'll end up having to use twice the resources leveling up a second carry for your party to use during the 50% of the the time Childe is stuck in bow form. (This is cheap early on, but leveling stuff up gets much more expensive later and it's pretty tough to keep more than 1-3 characters at the level cap).

Xiangling works great as a carry because of a special interaction with the Crescent Pike craftable weapon from the forge. It basically doubles her normal attack DPS. So if you want to use her, make sure to pick that up.
Beidou has a claymore which is always fun but doesn't really have anything else boosting her carry potential until you get her level 60 passive. She shines best when you swap to her, get some big burst damage with her counter skill, then swap off to someone else while it's on cooldown.

I've already capped out Xiangling, for my second carry in the abyss, so I'll put some points into Childe. Thanks

Also, I meant friendship exp. Can't be friends with the MC

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 12, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dear Mihoyo,

Please remove Elemental Sight and everything that uses it. I just spent 30 minutes trying to find my bounties and didn't find poo poo.

Thank you,
Ultrared

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I follow the fart wind with elemental sight, and it takes me all over the map and they never spawn anywhere. I can find a loving hunter guardian in the canyon, thank you very much, you fucks.

Batman Arkham Asylum did it first and the Witcher perfected it. Why do we have this poo poo in the game? It doesn't make me feel smart or clever and just wastes everyone's time. "Middle mouse button"? smd.

Even reassigned to a different key, I get 4 feet of fart wind info per press. Elemental sight adds nothing and sucks to use.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vargs posted:

How does the Thrilling Tales buff work anyways? It is ONLY for the next character you switch to or does the buff persist for the duration if you swap to yet another character? If it's the former, what if you get the buff on your main DPS, then switch to Fischl to lay down a bird, then go back to your main dps? Does the dps still have it?

If it works with just the first character you switch to, assuming the graphical effect accurately represents the status.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I find the electric element to be kinda the most disappointing. I loved Lisa's charcter design but other than water slimes, she just isn't that effective. I thought Beidou would be an improvement, but I'm not sure if I'm using her correctly

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

There are also several in front of the geo artifact dungeon.

The geo crystal flies also drop them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

This post made me realize that the gold eyes so many characters have are supposed to be brown.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 14, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Klee also makes cameos in other quests. I won't mention them because I enjoyed the surprise :3:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Quetzadilla posted:

PSA for 1.1: the new story boss is also a weekly domain boss once you beat it so if you're putting off the story quest or just didn't catch that after completing it, do your weekly run of it before reset.

Is it like the dragon or the wolf? You can only do it once a week? Does it cost resin?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

vandiar posted:

The event starting in a day or two should have a good amount of Hero's Wit's available as one of the rewards, so there's that to look forward to at least!

Is that when I get my Fish? I've been waiting for my Fish.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Now that's the kind of straightforward advice that I need if I'm going to understand anything about what I should be doing to make fighting enemies easy again.

So, I just noticed this flying palace above Liyue Harbor as I'm climbing mountains to activate those other teleporters that I never got because they're on the edges of the map that we can't interact with yet. Is that related to the Rite of Descension quest I still haven't actually started working on?

berenzen posted:

Here's my hot take: Barbara is the worst unit for healing in the game, and has exactly 1 spot where's she somewhat beneficial in the end game in abyss 10. Every other healing unit brings more damage, more utility, and/or both to the table at not much of a cost wrt total healing, especially as they get better built. Barbara literally only brings healing, and if you have Jean/Bennett/Qiqi/Diona/Noelle, focus on levelling them up over barb.

She also applies wet status when you switch to other characters. Good or bad depending on circumstances. Works well with Anemo traveler. She can also heal without triggering her ult, unlike Bennet. I have Bennet, but I'll admit I've never put any resources into him.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do we have a thread somewhere for Genshin Impact team ups? I need help killing the wolf boss, but pubbies are not being responsive. :( Don't see a thread in private servers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
sent friends requests to avicenna and buttchugging (lol). I'm 611426089 as Zanthia

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Man, we kicked rear end. Thanks, guys!

Xun posted:

Theres a discord server with a bunch of goons who can help! https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

I missed this from the OP. Thanks

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My first 5 star was Childe and I got him last Friday. Game can be fun without the “best” characters, it’s just grating when you see a hole in your team you can’t seem to fill. Still not totally happy with my team, though I have pretty much all of my bases covered. Just can’t fit archers/claymores and the elements I want to react with into a 4 man team. Where m’fish at <:mad:>

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is rust the rust bow from the weapon banner? I got that and rainslasher off a 10 wish pull.

Not sure what to do with rainslasher. Good again oceanid but oceanid eats claymore users? :confused:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I find at specific enemies needing archers/claymores kinda mucks with the tier list.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There’s also large earth slimes, those jumping thurlichurls or whatever that are difficult to get away from and any shield your team does not have the correct element for. That and just overworld mining. Wish here was a faster way to swap characters.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How many crystals is it from the first event plus quest rewards. I hit 200. Wondering if I missed any.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

There should be 218 from quests (100) and open world spawns (118)

I came here to post I found another one, so yes, I did.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have no Diluc, Jean, or Venti. I do have Sucrose and Bennet... but they are both level 1.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The area of effect thing dropping progress is rear end. I do the middle difficulty one because getting thrown out and losing all progress sucks.

I main Aero MC. It helps to remember that enemy grouping is part of your main strategy, and you don’t have to finish a combo that sends them flying.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pierson posted:

Looks like my account got hacked or phished because I logged on this afternoon to all my primogems gone and the records saying they all got rolled away on the permanent banner at 5am today. Angry obviously but also slightly baffled that's literally all they did. Didn't even delete my weapons, artifacts or any other mischief, just logged on, rolled, and logged off.

I really hope they add 2FA soon.

Do you reuse passwords between sites? That how they got into my ebay account. I switched to a password keeper, but forgot i had an ebay and didn't update it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mr Snips posted:

The changes to expeditions are definitely needed but I can't help but feel like the passives need changing a bit, I don't care if a couple of my expeditions will finish sooner when I'm not going to bother to check the results until they've all finished. They should give a bonus to the items received instead or something

Agreed. it's actually annoying when one's finished and the others will be back in 2 hours.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Need more characters with sprint stamina reduction. Other than that, passives are good

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Razor is best boy with the stamina reduction for sprinting

That and being able to blow up multiple crystal mining nodes with his hold skill makes him top tier for overworld

Plus he doesn't talk much

plus electric plus claymore user. Why can't I get him :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hope the thunder nation is on the other side of the dragonspine. That hole in the map ticks me off.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Geo explode looks decent

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Just did a co-op meteor with double Diluc, Klee and Keqing. That was the fastest clear I've seen :stare:

Save the co-ops for when I get time to play <:mad:>

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is it possible to clear out the second shop without spending fragile resin? What if we're just starting today :ohdear:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If using Sucrose as a support, what catalyst should I give her? Something with energy recharge? Man, there are so few weapons in this game but I can never keep them straight.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have the Eye of Perception, and I plan on getting Solar pearl from the BP (unless someone wants to talk me out of if) for Lingguang. Don't think either'd pair well with Sucrose, but I don't really have anything that does. Could pick up the Mappa Mare... I do have a spare prototype in my inventory.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How is Honkai Impact 3rd compared to Genshin Impact? Is it more of a beat 'em up or is it BotW-like like Genshin?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
1) Has anyone ever seen the strange Hilichurl drop primogems? Either through handing them out or as drops for killing him?

2) Does finishing the 4th section of the meteorites make the other events disappear? I'm like to 100% the second store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

it doesnt drop primos, it gives an achievement for killing it that gives primos

I found mine in the village in liyue

I think he appears in a new place each day. Yesterday he was in front of the big tree in Monstadt. Today he was on the rim of the Wolf arena.