Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Managed to get a Childe before pity last night and trying to figure out a decent team comp with him. I have 2 teams in mind but not sure how well they will work.

Team 1: Childe, Xing C1 (Or Diluc but I don't think I can have a good team with both of them on it) , Sucrose , and Bennet
Team 2: Childe, Xing C1 , Sucrose and Ningguan (C4 or 5 I cannot remember). No healer but hey shields

Team 1 would focus on vaporize Team 2 would focus on Elemental damage?

Currently I have the following unlocked: Childe, Diluc , Xing C1 , Ningguan C4 , Sucrose (C1 I think) , Beido C2 (or 3) , Barb C1 , Chong C1 , Noel (C1 or 2 ) , Diona , Amber, Keya, Lisa . Sadly it just might not be too viable for me to make a team dedicated to Childe just yet but I am trying to see what my options are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

No Wave posted:

The comp I'm going to test out is Childe, Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu. The idea is you attack with childe and build your ult, swap to bennett (using Xingqiu's ult if it's up) and do Bennett's broken DPS/Healer/Ult recharge thing, drop gyouba and Xiangling's ult if it's up and swap back to Childe to ult and repeat the process.

Xingqiu is optional and in the abyss it would be more realistic to save that slot for whatever you need to counter the enemies.

Taking turns between Diluc and Childe sounds pretty sweet because they can set each others' ults up so well. But if it were me I'd be trying to split my 5*s up into two separate teams.

I think I read somewhere that the water resonance isn't too good so it is not recommended to run 2 on a team.

As for the Diluc , yeah I will need to set up another team for him I am not too far into the Abyss yet so I do not need another team just yet.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Hackan Slash posted:

Diluc+chong can carry the whole b-team, and chong doesn't play nice with childe anyway.

Childe likes sucrose for vv since all his damage is hydro. Xing is another good one because of the bonkers energy generation and xing ult. Could also do Beidou for burst when childe melee is down . I like your team 1 childe/xing/sucrose/bennet

Before I pulled Childe my main team was Diluc and Chong (With the Debate Club).

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

At AR28 what should I be burning my resin on? Last few days I been doing exp books for the Childe banner but I figured I should be doing something more worthwhile now.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I just put a C5 Ningguang and I am shocked at how well she can solo stuff (Level 40 killing level 50+s with 0 issues her burst is amazing) . Would it be worth it to try and get her to C6? I would sadly be pulling fresh on the Childe banner (I stopped pulling that banner after getting my last 4* )

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I have been doing single rolls on the weapon banner to hopefully get a Rust for Childe (Since I do not think I will get the Harp). I did not even realize you can get characters so my Bennett is now C1. I am not complaining he is on my Childe team.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Just my luck. I have been pulling on the weapon banner to hopefully get a Rust for Childe. 3 pulls ago I managed to get a Bennett (I had no idea you could get characters on the weapon banner), now I FINALLY pulled a 5* on the banner (under 40 pulls ) .... Amos's bow so within 10 pulls I get 2 non-banner items. Stat wise the Amos bow looks like it will be AMAZING for Childe but I will have to see. Guess I can keep pulling on the banner because my next 4* and 5* should be a banner item right?

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I need help coming up with a "core" team (And a team 2 for Abyss). I am only AR34 (Close to 35) / world level 3 but figured I should try to develop a coreish team while it is still easy to level everyone up to where they need to be. The only 5* weapon I have is the Amos bow but I have a mix of decent refined 3*/4* weapons and I can also make I think at least 1 of everything at the blacksmith (No Rust bow though) .

Here is my current roster:

Diluc, Childe, Ningguang C5 , Xiangling C1 , Sucrose , Bennett C1 , Chong, Beidu C2 , Barb C1 , Xingqiu , Lisa, Noell C2, Kaeya , Amber , Diona. (I will get Fisch during this event )

My current "main" team consists of Diluc, Chong, Ningguang, and Barb but it feels like it is missing something (I will say I love Ning's burst and the shields)

Team 2 consists of Childe (Amos bow), Xiangling, Sucrose, and Bennett.

I feel like it would be a waste not to use Ningguan just because she is C5 (I am rolling on the banner to try and get her to C6 (Should have my next 4* pitty in 1 or 2 rolls and I will most likely stop at the point) but I am taking it slow since I think she will pair pretty well with Zhong IF I get him) but other than that I am open to suggestions.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Whoever mentioned putting XingQ on my team I love you. I also added Diona so my current roster is Diluc, Chong, XingQ, and a Diona (C1 just got that). I only bumped them up to level 40 since I am lacking some ascension materials (Using what Resin I have for Diluc to get him another ascension He is level 50 at the moment) . Good thing I bought out the store but some of the mora so I can spare a bit of Resin to ascend my team.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Was browsing my stories on Instagram and Genshin Impact had a sponsored post for a code GENSHINGIFT for 50 gems and 3 xp books.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I sometimes hate this game. Even though I already have x1 Childe I been pulling on the banner to attempt to get my Ningguang to C6 (She is C5 so I figured it wouldn't be that hard) since I was so far from the next 5* pity. 24 pulls in I got my Ningguang to C5 10 pulls later I got a C1 Diona and now because my son insisted I had enough gems for another roll.... C1 Childe. I guess I REALLY need to make a team for him now (Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing), and here I was trying to build up my pity to see if I want to pull on the Zhongli banner.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

berenzen posted:

The Amos bow is only beat by an R5 rust(by like 2%) and the skyward harp. It's a really loving good bow for Childe.

If only the event wasn't taking ALL my resin so I could actually ascend him. Right when this event is done (Well the shop I mean) I will be working on getting him up to par.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I really want Zhong but I do not think I need him since I have a C5 Nin he just would not fit in anything I can build. I am close to pity on the limited banner (Was greedy after getting my C1 Childe in under 30 pulls) and I have Razor at C1 or 2 Chong C1 and the new fire girl at C2. Guess I should just horde my gems and wait for a better limited banner to use my pity on.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Whelp I accidentally hit World Level 5 and pulled Big Daddy Zhong. Sadly I was unprepared for this WL increase (Diluc and Ning are my only level 60s everyone else is 50 or below) since I was in the process of collecting ascension material for my C1 Childe and Ning. I guess I will change my team around to take advantage of Childe and work on getting everyone up to the same ascension.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

If I lack any real good polearms (I have 2 prototypes) and I think a 4* Dragon's something on my Xing, would the BP Polearm be a decent choice for Zhong? I have not bought the BP yet but I am around level 44 or 45 so I might as well pick it up since I will be completing it this go around.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

dogsicle posted:

re: Diona, she also negates the gimmick of the Mondstadt talent domain, which is one of the most annoying.

for Zhongli you'd likely want Grudge (ER%) or Black Tassel (HP%), though both he and XL can use the Crescent Pike if you're running them as the carry and not a support. with the rumor of new craftable options coming i would just make sure you don't use all your prototypes at once.

That is what I am waiting for honestly to see what new craftable options are next. Right now I plan on using Zhong as a support dps, not as a main carry.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

What is a good "safe" battlepass weapon? I am not really missing anything and I just hit level 50 on the BP so I figure I should shell out the $10 to get everything else on it. Right now I am leaning towards the 1H sword just because but I do not have anyone who specifically needs it... yet

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I went ahead and picked the 1H Black Sword. It was a bit satisfying unlocking 50 tiers of Battlepass rewards in 1 shot. Now the question is to save my gems for another banner to try and attempt to C1 my Zhong (Still pretty far from Pitty).

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Thanks for the 16 normal summons Genshin Impact. I wasn't close to a 5* on the normal banner but pulled a Skyward Harp, this game must REALLY want me to main Childe (I got him and his C1 within 20 pulls). Right now he has an Amos bow (Who is good for the Amos bow besides Amber?) but I am glad to be switching it out for this. Now I just need to figure out what team to run with him.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

While I like Albedo's playstyle I really do not want another Geo (C5 Ning and C0 Zhong) I am trying to get my Sucrose to C1 but the banner keeps giving me Fish (C4 or 5 and Bennets C3 ) and I am about 20-30 off from pity. Guess since I am getting close I should save my gems I was trying to build a Childe, Fish, Sucrose, ??? (Thining Zhong or my C5 Ning) team.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

What does everyone think of QiQi? I have been pretty lucky on the limited banners (x3 limited banner 5*s out of 4 ) and while I was pretty close to Albedo pity (I think I was around 70 pulls) I just pulled a QiQi. Right now on my overworld team, I have Diona C4 slotted as a healer and I am guessing she can replace her.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

dogsicle posted:

Qiqi can likely replace her easily for raw healing, but healing is literally the only thing Qiqi does. if you can get by on Diona and another supports like XQ or a geo or something, you'll get more benefits out of Diona given she can shield and offers a handful of buffs and enemy debuffs from her shield and burst.

The current overworld team which is subject to change since I just hit AR 45 and can start framing decent artifacts now is C0 Diluc, XQ, C5 Ning and a C4 Diona. Since Ning also provides shields it might be better to swap Diona with Qiqi (I really wanted to get my Sucrose to C1 but doesn't look like that will happen says my C4 Fish and Bennet). I was trying to build a team around my C1 Childe with the Skyward Harp (Thanks free summons) which would be Childe, Fish, Sucrose (Or Zhong), and possibly Bennet but not sure how well that would work.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

What should I be doing with my 50+ Fragil Resin? I haven't really been using them but I am lacking character ascension material (I am working on getting my main "team" and a few others to at least the 4th ascension to get the final talent) and figured it would be a good use to burn them killing bosses (Working on Chidle's 4th along with Bennett , Fishc and Beido) Ning and Diluc are already level 70. I also need to farm artifacts and can use them that way as well.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I just got a Nobless Feather that to me SCREAMS Bennett.

Attack Main Stat
Energy Recharge %
HP %
Elemental Mastery

Shame when I +4ed it I got DEF but other than that I think it is a pretty good feather.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Trying to think of a 2nd core team for Abyss. Currently, my "main" team is Chidle, Fisch, Sucrose, and Bennett. Since Childe is C1 with a Skyward harp I just got the mats to push him to 80 but I have a good stockpile of weapons 4 * weapons and 1 Amos bow, level mats, and ascension materials so I should be able to boost whoever I need to at least 70/60.

At the moment I am leaning towards a Diluc / Chong but unsure about the other 2 slots.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Whelp spent my 40 pulls. Got NQ x4 (I mostly wanted C1 but hey C4 looks great and can do better on my Diluc team) a Stringless (So guess I can refine it) and a Sac Sword which was desperately needed since I did not have one yet (And perfect for XQ) . Would have been nice to get Ganyu since my next banner-specific 5* is guaranteed but I wasn't willing to drop any more gems.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Almost got all of the characters I think I will use to level 60 or level 70 (Only 1 80). Depending on the last talent I pushed a few to the next ascension but left them at level 60. I just don't have the mats to get everyone to 60/70 at the moment so I am focusing on the top 10 I know I will use.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

I cannot remember, a while back I managed to pull an Amos bow off the weapon banner that was not one of the rate up weapons (I think it was when the Childe banner was out) , does the same principle apply where my next 5* on the weapon banner will be one of the new ones?

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Took a gamble on the weapon banner trying to get the polearm.... Got the sword I have no one that will benefit from the sword since my Bennett is support not DPS. I guess I can throw it on Anemo Traveler and level him up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

MajorBonnet posted:

Bennett could still benefit from the sword if you have enough ER from other sources for him to ult on cooldown (assuming you're using an ER sword as support), as a fully leveled 5* would add a good amount to his attack buff.

He is using Festering at the moment. which gives me a good chunk of ER but I might switch to the new sword just to see how it performs. I am working on his artifacts I only have "1" that I leveled to 20 for him at the moment (Attack Feather with ER, % , HP % Em and DEF %)