Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I did a lot of artifact grinding at AR40 and 45 just feels a lot better because you get a guaranteed 1-2 5*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

inthesto posted:

Has anyone else noticed that you get slightly different rewards for using original resin compared to condensed resin?

At least in the weapon materials domain, I didn't get a purple drop both times I used condensed resin, and I'm doing the AR40 domain so it should be guaranteed.

purple mat drops are not guaranteed at AR40

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Childe was already pretty cool before this patch but the main story and his character story really endeared him to me way more. What a lovable and concerning borderline psychopath.

The character and story writing in 1.1 was really fun, I hope they can keep it up because it's one of the best parts of the game so far

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the trials use free characters as party members because everyone has them and are more likely to be familiar with their kits, so the focus can be on learning/messing around with the showcase character

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Teucer's not even particularly obnoxious, he's just written as a pretty normal kid whose excitable but also has basic manners. I actually appreciated the restraint there and his family being super normal makes a good contrast to Childe himself being a total freak

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, stacks only count as one inventory slot. No more worrying about grabbing too much mint!

Honestly, with how generous they are with inventory space, why even bother having a limit? Not that I'm complaining.

oh thank god for this, I had to do a bunch of alchemy last week because I was bumping up against 28K items

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
for people getting dunked by world bosses, don't forget that you can stack food and potion buffs which help a lot if you're having trouble

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Tae posted:

She literally has a room full of rex merch

Keqing being the biggest Rex Lapis fangirl in Liyue was a twist I did not expect. After the msq she does 180s on all her big scepticism talk too, it's hilarious.

also this web event is jank as hell with a pretty poor translation/loc job compared to the main game, but at least it's cute

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

last time i tried, the shockwave attack is NOT a dps window and it's immune to damage during that time. the laser spin has the kind of vulnerability window you're describing however--that's why it ends with a short ranged inward-facing attack

it's totally a dps window, the whole point of having a safety shield next to one of the pillars is so you can continue damaging one and drop the cube if you get there in time

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
thought I'd drop some pulls for Rust got this instead. this is fine

Framboise posted:

Should also use him too, yeah.

some people make a point of pride of not using specific characters for whatever reason, basically the reverse version of the keqingmains phenomenon

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Andrast posted:

I think it's more that people want to use characters they like and currently character XP is very limited so leveling a character you don't like is directly taking away from people you do like

that's just a normal thing to do and not what I'm referring to lol

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ashenai posted:

I'm out of the loop, what's the keqingmains thing?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Saving is nice and all but they had to go and put two idiot himbos back to back as the featured 5* units and just screw me over. There's no way I'll get both and it sucks. I just want the handsome idiots.

I really thought I would be able to willpower through the Childe banner, but what would Zhongli do without his wallet??

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ashenai posted:

Mihoyo is so loving good with story content, man. I've been binging Honkai Impact 3 videos and goddamn. Definitely hype as gently caress, and the hope of an awesome story to come is a big part of why I keep playing this game, even with the ridiculously stingy gacha.

I hope they put story cutscenes and unlocked character quests in the archive, a lot of these would be fun to revisit down the line without having to dig out a youtube

ThePineapple posted:

Is it worth pulling on the weapon banner to get Rust for him? I know the weapon banner usually isn't advisable but Rust has a rate up and it doesn't seem like I have other good bows (Sacrificial Bow, Favonius Warbow, and could make Prototype Crescent)

Rust is iirc the second best weapon for him, but there is zero guarantee you will get one. I pulled a skyward harp and am still rustless :shepface:

if you plan on dropping 10 bux on the battle pass anyway, the bow looks like a good utility choice for him since the vacuum will proc off his melee normals.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I don't think there's much of a reason to go for Rust if you already have Skyward Harp, though.

yeah not at all, I'm just pointing out that there is zero guarantee of you getting a specific 4* weapon even if it is on rateup since it's shared between 5 weapons.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Bloody Emissary posted:

You can probably use Razor if you'd prefer, but you'll likely have to two-cycle the last phase.

his ult gives such a big attack speed bonus you can 1round it easily

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Still can't get over how what's shaping up to be the most profitable and popular gacha game on the market is a Husband game.

Dudes Rock.

loving the brave new world where I am directly pandered to at every opportunity but my gems are hurting

*edit* drat the leaked Albedo info looks really interesting, the interplay of his skill and burst is basically melee Ningguang but tons of AoE

YES bread fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 18, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

what does "Husband game" mean please

a colloquial term for character-collection games like this is "wife/waifu collector" because the majority of units are girls and women and the showcase/limited units will skew that way as well. Genshin is unusual both for starting off with a decent number of dudes and for lining up a lot of limited banners where the star character is a guy, hence "husband game"

YES bread fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 18, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
yeah Genshin is like 1/3rd dudes currently but that is still an incredibly dude-favored ratio compared to a lot of gacha that aren't specifically targeting a female audience. and sometimes, well, it throws people off

https://twitter.com/4Ab1t/status/1328247742364221440

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

In terms of announced 5* it's closer to half (and it'll be a majority of actual banner 5*s with the Zhongli banner).

and no new dude 4*s so far which keeps the overall ratio roughly the same. even games like GBF where the overall most popular characters tend to be male doesn't nearly approach gender parity

homeless snail posted:

Its really easy to look forward and calculate how much you actually need to do to clear the BP and imo if you're going for it its definitely something you should be looking at. You don't necessarily have to do every weekly or even every daily to get to 50, there's a lot of slack. I barely did the leyline one at all last month and still had a ton of bep leftover

Yeah the bp gives a surprising amount of leeway, it's nice. I kinda go back and forth on enjoying the structure bp gives to daily play and being glad when I'm done with the chore list, though

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

is C1 Ninguang decent with Venti? None of my leveled dudes have good synergy with his wind ball and my only other catalyst options are Lisa, Sucrose and Barbara

they work extremely well together, bring someone who can throw another element into the vacuum and it turns into a monster mulching machine.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

vandiar posted:

I'd run Diona over Kaeya in a Razor team every day of the week, you'll only have a bit of downtime on the press shield (4.5s vs 6s CD) and superconduct applies in an AOE on proc anyways. The utility you get with the shield and extra healing is way better than better cryo application.

I feel the opposite, Kaeya's burst just works too well with Razor even with the relatively short uptime imo

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Oneiros posted:

but how else are people supposed to justify shelling out hundreds to thousands of dollars or spending thirty hours rerolling accounts for their fav 5*?

spreadsheets are lame, I'll do this because I'm a sicko who just loves the product

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the teambuilding aspect of this game is really engaging to me and it's why I will never stop complaining for more team slots and a teamswitching hotkey

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

this mf bought 120K eating utensils as a gift for the guy he made pay for them in the first place. king

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

moush posted:

I'm torn on Zhongli because Geo is just not a competitive element considering how vital reactions are to doing damage and a piddly shield doesn't really help much.

if reactions are so vital then how come everyone forgets shatter exists.
checkmate, roll the rock husband

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Mailer posted:

I snuck in an edit. What I meant to say was in relation to FF15 having 200 hours of content - I don't see, when fully expanded, GI having that much story content. The actual story content is extremely sparse and it's gated by going out and hunting for chests for many hours in between quests. When they brought up Evil Bad Lady who's name I can't recall in Childe's introduction at the bank I had no idea who they were talking about until the end when she showed up. I'd long since forgotten the Venti segment with her because it was so many hours in between the two beats.

Early on it's paced a lot better, and with so many secrets and chests you wind up getting lost on your way to the destination instead of having no destination and needing to methodically search every corner of the map for chests until your AR goes up. It comes back around to being cool to find one when you have like 90% of them and just happen to look a different direction on your way to a daily.

how do you define "fully expanded" here, because there's no reason to assume the story content will ever stop being expanded on as long as the game is live

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

2) Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Venti - Basically a focus on Vaporize instead of Electrocharged. Double Pyro resonance for some added ATK. Bennett works well as a healer and for buffing up Childe with some extra oomph. Venti still doing Venti poo poo.

I usually do this in open world or swap Xiang for C6 Ning for her sick bursts and charges. Childe's Skyward bow autos on marked targets and ranged ult are both hilarious with Venti, and setting up 50-70k vapes with melee deletes most things at WL6. Soloing the new event stage has been a breeze with these dudes. I think getting Bennet some dece artifacts is gonna be next on my farm list.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Glazius posted:

Do you fight the same monsters solo as co-op? Dark Omen starts you off with three charging mitachurls and all that?

solo still puts you in co-op mode so I assume it's all the same

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it's almost over...

https://twitter.com/cheppoly/status/1326334368818847744?s=20

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

I honestly wish they'd go into flight mode more often, because they also deal a ton of damage in their other modes, especially that OHKO windup.

I just want to shoot them in the eye and have them fall over.

you can force them into flight mode with venti's held skill or by hopping on one of geo traveler's boulders

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it does scale with EM (iirc) and gets a boost from superconduct. I think it has a lot of potential that just can't be realized with the current skillsets available, but it's something I'm keeping in mind with all the new geo and cryo units coming out.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Andrast posted:

It's going to be pretty funny if all these references to their old stuff just ends up being references and never has anything to do with the plot of this game

hoping its this since "magic energy that makes you go crazy for no reason" is not the most compelling plot hook

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Archonex posted:

It's way more complex than "for no reason". There's some sort of big plot reveal we've yet to see in any of the games or other media that's been teased at. So, uh, that's not going to be the case.

magic energy that makes you go crazy for a reason that has yet to be explained over multiple games and several different mediums isn't any more compelling, to me

Bland posted:

If they were planning on incorporating this game into their extended misery universe or whatever I hope they've reconsidered after seeing how much wider their audience is with this game.

if they keep up the fun character interactions and give us a plot just sturdy enough to hang cool fight scenes on I will be content

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I haven't spent resin on leylines in a couple weeks and they have yet to move location with doing them daily, I think they do just stick in place until opened

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I only spare hilichurls who understand the importance of watching the sunset or gazing at the stars with your homie

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

kater posted:

I mean its fairly clear from the story that Ningguang might be the leader but Keqing is the one in charge.

Also it doesn't seem hard to believe the actual zombie is stronger than most Just A Humans.

The story gives me the opposite view where Ningguang is clearly the puppetmaster/wheels within wheels type, the profile stuff goes on about her extensive spy network in the city and how she knows everything that's going on. By comparison Keqing comes off as straightforward but kind of goofy (holds to her convictions but has really strong opinions that she either swerves on or is using to conceal her fangirling).

personally I don't think the 4*/5* distinction means much in the end and has more to do with monetization than story power level stuff. wouldn't be surprised to see alternate versions of characters with different rarities like GBF in the future either

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Indecisive posted:

she literally does not do any white damage, if you're getting some from her it's a special weapon proc.

could also be shatter if they are attacking frozen targets

here's some big whale ning numbers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqeduBy06Q

YES bread fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 27, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Disconnecticus posted:

I can't seem to find the screen that tells me how many more meteorite jobs I still need to do in order to get Fischl. I know I was there once, but searched all the menus last night without luck.

click this fischl head in the bottom-right corner of the event screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

awesmoe posted:

the models are good quality but Do Not promote healthy body-image

every day I spiral further into depression knowing I'll never have an rear end like Kaeya's