Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Livia Soprano brought fierce vibes to the mafia we simply have no choice but to stan a queen

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
https://twitter.com/CDRosa/status/1334519248639709185?s=20

Not just any girlboss, but a gay poc girlboss!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Madam LaLaurie was a girlboss

quote:

Marie Delphine Macarty or MacCarthy (March 19, 1787 – December 7, 1849), more commonly known as Madame Blanque or, after her third marriage, as Madame LaLaurie, was a New Orleans Creole socialite and serial killer who tortured and murdered slaves in her household.

[...]

As reported in the New Orleans Bee of April 11, 1834, bystanders responding to the fire attempted to enter the slave quarters to ensure that everyone had been evacuated. Upon being refused the keys by the LaLauries, the bystanders broke down the doors to the slave quarters and found "seven slaves, more or less horribly mutilated ... suspended by the neck, with their limbs apparently stretched and torn from one extremity to the other", who claimed to have been imprisoned there for some months.

[...]

When the discovery of the abused slaves became widely known, a mob of local citizens attacked the LaLaurie residence and "demolished and destroyed everything upon which they could lay their hands".

[...]

LaLaurie's life after the 1834 fire is not well documented. Martineau wrote in 1838 that LaLaurie fled New Orleans during the mob violence that followed the fire, taking a coach to the waterfront and traveling, by schooner, to Mobile, Alabama and then to Paris. By the time Martineau personally visited the Royal Street mansion in 1836, it was still unoccupied and badly damaged, with "gaping windows and empty walls".

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

girlboss v girlboss

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

an actual dog posted:

girlboss v girlboss

two heroes of the proletariat

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
diane.. .

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would like to take this moment to thank the #girlbosses who encouraged womym to stand up to the male‐dominated medical establishment.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1334908838051504130

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
girls prefer to use crystals & stuff =P :troll:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'll end up taking it but my lizard-brain is glad that I already had Covid so I have an excuse to let everyone else go first.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Odd, given that women (as a percentage) are more willing to social distance and mask up.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Smythe posted:

my answer is, of course, rita repulsa.

only correct answer

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Cobalt-60 posted:

Odd, given that women (as a percentage) are more willing to social distance and mask up.

It's because that's visible

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Remain wary of the frailty of white men. Their wills are weak, minds young. Were it not for the bros, Kamala would go unlamented. Seek the girlboss.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
one of the OG's who showed that WE CAN DO IT!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I believe the person who ran the prison itself was also a girlboss, and was not only not punished, but has some sort of political career.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I believe the person who ran the prison itself was also a girlboss, and was not only not punished, but has some sort of political career.

And that persons name? Kamala Harris.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/1NewsNZ/status/1333143521537114113

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Also, wasn't Lyndie herself actually very low ranked?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

tbf, the abomination known as tuvix deserved to die.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
kate mulgrew played janeway as more and more unhinged over time because insanity is the only way she could make sense of the character

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Call Your Grandma posted:

Also, wasn't Lyndie herself actually very low ranked?

All of the people punished were just chumps who weren't the actual cause of anything. And most of them still got pathetically small sentences. And even then we only punished the people who's actions were safe enough to publicly release. None of the rapists were ever revealed or punished because to do so would "cause anti-american sentiment" according to Obama. The actual animus for Abu Ghraib coming to light of course being a note from one of the female inmates getting snuck out talking about the rapes and pissing off the Iraqis. Also all of the famous photos are of what will pass to alot of Americans as "pranks". Dudes stacked naked, leashed and dragged, dude covered in his own poo poo. None of the photos of corpses of people murdered have any cultural purchase because the media ignored them.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hollywood grifters are not cpsam babes much less girlbosses

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

All of the people punished were just chumps who weren't the actual cause of anything. And most of them still got pathetically small sentences. And even then we only punished the people who's actions were safe enough to publicly release. None of the rapists were ever revealed or punished because to do so would "cause anti-american sentiment" according to Obama. The actual animus for Abu Ghraib coming to light of course being a note from one of the female inmates getting snuck out talking about the rapes and pissing off the Iraqis. Also all of the famous photos are of what will pass to alot of Americans as "pranks". Dudes stacked naked, leashed and dragged, dude covered in his own poo poo. None of the photos of corpses of people murdered have any cultural purchase because the media ignored them.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

Platystemon posted:

I would like to take this moment to thank the #girlbosses who encouraged womym to stand up to the male‐dominated medical establishment.

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's because that's visible

these posts are super loving gross

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

GenJoe posted:

It's woke and leftist! sexism is good as long as the woman is bad! It's irony! somehow!

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

GenJoe posted:

*highlights all of the context and presses backspace* Wow, this post looks really bad when I do this

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

*highlights all of the context and presses backspace* Wow, this post looks really bad when I do this

go ahead, add back the context

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
I don't know why female poll respondents said they were less likely to take the COVID vaccine, I'm just here to drag you for being really bad at gaslighting.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Taintrunner posted:

hollywood grifters are not cpsam babes much less girlbosses

Not the actress the character

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's woke and leftist! sexism is good as long as the woman is bad! It's irony! somehow!

m'lady

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

saying that women are more likely to wear masks because they like to virtue signal isn't the funny leftist take you think it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

GenJoe posted:

saying that women are more likely to wear masks because they like to virtue signal isn't the funny leftist take you think it is

What about writing “would” under a photo of Elizabeth Holmes?