Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

January 6 Survivor posted:

Yeah gently caress that guy, not for what he did, but for the inevitable political response, am i right?

:goofy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

glad i got to see paris before the creation of the second french state

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

glad i got to see paris before the creation of the second french state

so is Le Pen going to be the Pétain now or is Jupiter going off the deep end this time

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Venomous posted:

so is Le Pen going to be the Pétain now or is Jupiter going off the deep end this time
Well, the next presidential and parliamentary elections are in 2027 so basically next century, the last elections were the senatorial election in September and this wasn't a direct election, the average senators age went down from 61 to 59 years old, 44% of them are new, 38% are women, it's still the classical right wing and left-wing parties, only 3 4 of them are from Macron party, they lost and only a few of their sattelites parties won seats, the next elections are the EU election in 2024 followed by the municipal in 2026.
That and the fact the classical right wing is able to do that horrid poo poo all by itself anyway, so i guess i am going to say... "meh 3 death, that's like 3 Breton nationalist attacks against a MacDo, that terrible symbol of France domination on Brittany".

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Oct 14, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

its already a fascist country. they persecute journalists who investigate the french army's war crimes and police violence. the assembly just passed a law that makes people that get the minimum social benefits (who are already low enough that you can barely survive with them) to work 15 hours a week for free. migrants are left to die in calais or the streets of paris (you can get arrested for giving food or water to them).

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

piece of poo poo turd government, garbage president, called themselves the last barrier against the far right, now the fascist party is about to vote in favor of their latest immigration law

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
hey at least it will be more difficult for the RN supporters to claim to be anti-system

lmao

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Flowers For Algeria posted:

piece of poo poo turd government, garbage president, called themselves the last barrier against the far right, now the fascist party is about to vote in favor of their latest immigration law
Well, would anyone be surprised if I told you the poo poo immigration law passed?
Of course, the left wing of the presidential party voted against it, while the right wing of the same party now tells everyone they are very happy they didn't need the far right vote to pass it (but of course they did).
They aren't a barrier, they are more like a trampoline.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
This is some real galaxy brain poo poo :

quote:

Emmanuel Macron is to refer to the Constitutional Council the immigration law drafted on Tuesday by the joint committee (CMP) and subsequently adopted by Parliament, franceinfo has learned from the Élysée Palace.

The aim is to examine a text of the law that contains "measures that are manifestly and clearly contrary to the Constitution", as Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin acknowledged on Tuesday evening from the rostrum of the Senate.

Now I would simply have given up on the racist and unconstitutional bill but then I'm not a jupiterian big brain genius like Manu

E:

Toplowtech posted:

They aren't a barrier, they are more like a trampoline.

The amazing "dam against the far right" : look closer and you'll see it's actually a canal.

Kassad has issued a correction as of 08:36 on Dec 20, 2023

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1737385194703732923

I hate those people so much

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

They were already blaming the left for not voting for the first version and "forcing" them to give further concessions to the right lol, completely shameless.

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 13:22 on Dec 20, 2023

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

quote:

"Cette loi est désormais derrière nous, et je voudrais avoir un message pour les étrangers qui sont en France : les outrances des uns et des autres ont pu vous laisser croire que vous n'étiez plus les bienvenus. Ce n'est pas le cas", continue Olivier Véran. "Cette loi, c'est aussi la vôtre", dit-il.

"C'est loi, c'est aussi la vôtre"

holy poo poo get hosed

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
thank god liberal jupiter won the elections! can you imagine what would have happened had the fascists won instead?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

je suis un raciste. hon hon hon hon.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its time for melechon to take over

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

dreadful country

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
commune when?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Big Dub

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Popoto posted:

commune when?

there's like 35k of them already

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

tristeham posted:

dreadful country

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

deuxdes roque

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

now kissss

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We just watched Justine Triet's Bataille de Solferino tonight. It's a strong debut and probably the 2nd best after Anatomie d'une Chute, but a far far second because that movie's a masterpiece.

Anyway it's filmed after Hollande's election in 2012 and it's just... funny how much hope the left had after he won. Lot of good that did us and it's his fault we have Macron, but for a moment there, there was hope.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I remember the mood as being more "finally we're done with Sarko's bullshit" but YMMV.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

even that turned out to be a lot of “yes but no.”

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

even that turned out to be a lot of “yes but no.”
Good luck not turning anything good into poo poo with Jérôme Cahuzac at the Budget.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i wasn't old enough to vote and i knew he would be awful.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Would you describe Hollande as the French Obama?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Weka posted:

No. And i didn't think anyone ever would but here we are.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Weka posted:

He showed us the sky was the limit for all of us soft nerds

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Obama didn't leave the white house by the back door on his little moped to go cheat on Michelle.

Yeah I'm counting that as a W for Hollande. Maybe his only one.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

laisse moi être clair. hon hon hon.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
love Macron wanting to send his citizen to die on the front in Ukraine. lofty goals.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Same, but unironically

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Popoto posted:

love Macron wanting to send his citizen to die on the front in Ukraine. lofty goals.

Weka
May 5, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

honestly kind of weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

YaketySass posted:

honestly kind of weak
Well considering that people in berret you will see in France tend to be American tourists with poor fashion sense who think it's still the 40s...