Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DJExile posted:

Bama-Huntsville has a plan to split costs between the school and alumni for the next 10 years, along with a better deal from the Von Braun Center, but that alone is very likely not going to be enough.

They're pushing hard to get an on-campus arena (the Von Braun center is about 3 miles away), but that will cost $50-$60 million, and they still don't have much interest from other conferences. Atlantic Hockey is likely adding Navy as their 12th, or LIU, and there aren't a lot of other conferences that would make sense to add them.

E: Interesting tidbit here as well:

First I've heard of that.

Lindenwood's got a powerhouse ACHA D-I program, just moved into their own bespoke facility at the new Blues practice center (though it's about 7-10 minutes away from campus, plus not even in the same county--LU's in St Charles County while their facility is in St Louis County) and they're hosting a NCAA Regional on the rink LU uses in a couple years. It's also got all the fixtures and fittings for cameras, video, etc. that a Div I men's program would need. Probably not a matter of if but when they jump to D-I, though as always money is an issue and LU's women's program has the smallest budget in NCAA women's hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Y’all should have seen this coming, Bemidji is coached by a Serratore

(The other sign of a college hockey upset people should have seen coming is when a team gets in who recruits heavily from the NAHL. Let’s take a look at Lake State’s roster, shall we?)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

broke: BU/BC/Maine dominate Hockey East, win titles

woke: Providence/UMass Amherst/UMass Lowell dominate Hockey East, and two out of them win titles

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bloopsy posted:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2021/05/03_Lindenwood-Hoping-For-Summer.php

Don't remember if Lindenwood was discussed here but it looks like it's finally going down. One thing I don't see addressed anywhere is that they have a D1 women's team but are D2 for all other men's and women's sports. I thought the NCAA had done away with "D1 Hockey but D2/3 for all other sports". It was either all or nothing, from what I understand. Maybe since they already have a women's team they can slide the men's up to D1? Either way, nice to see another school enter the mix.

You can do a DII/DI split for hockey (Lake State, Mankato, Cloud, UMD all do this) because there is no Div II championship for hockey. DIII/DI splits are frowned upon, and Union/RIT, who both moved up to join the grandfathered four (SLU-NY, Clarkson, RPI, and CC) can’t give out scholarships.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

More insight into the RMU debacle

https://twitter.com/dejan_kovacevic/status/1399608092921319424?s=21
This just after they hosted the Frozen Four and were working with the Pens on a new rink. It should also be noted that Colbert (the guy who quit) is an alum and also the GM of the Steelers.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/rmu/status/1425880069424222215?s=21

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/umichhockey/status/1428851194399690758?s=20
well, let's see how they somehow don't win the natty now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

In other “new or coming soon DI teams” news, Lindenwood went to Denver and actually scored first.

They then shipped 9 goals, but still.