Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Ehh, I'd say that or bi. In the last episode he apologizes for not really knowing what he wanted, but it's ambiguous as to whether "what he wanted" was "men only" or "men and women but not Beth specifically." It's not obvious he's gay since, after all, he was about to kiss Beth, and making out with women is not typical behavior for gay men, especially those who have realized they are gay enough to already have a lover, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Zwabu posted:

One thing that bugged me a little bit is that Beth did less research into historical chess greats and the current champions than I would expect of any top chess player.
I don't understand this at all. There are so many scenes of her reading books it's hard to see how they could've shown this any better. Half of the time it cuts to her in bed or on a couch or something, she's picking up or putting down a chess book. Don't you remember the scene where Beltik comes to her house to teach you and he starts handing her books and she's read basically all of them? And that was before she started to take things more seriously.