Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not to mention a parent in a sports/game media to be supportive and caring but not overbearing while still being flawed..

Yeah, I don't know if this was something this show was doing or just something I was bringing to it, but every dynamic Beth had with an adult made me super uncomfortable. I was waiting for every one of them to exploit or hurt her for the first several episodes.

For Alma, I kept expecting her to go full "lovely stage mom" with it, try to monopolize Beth's money or push her into things she didn't want to do for fame or profit. I also thought Allston, her husband, was some kind of child molester when he was introduced, and I kept waiting for something creepy and awful to happen to Beth at the orphanage in general. So glad I was wrong; I think I've watched way too many serious TV dramas in the last year involving physical or sexual abuse and trauma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU