Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rice or Ruin?
Rice
Ruin
View Results

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I really see this as a hidden gem that no one's gonna be talking about.

On the bright side when basically get to learn everything from scratch which is kinda fun. I just started this morning - planted my first crop which I assume will be garbage. The game already told me my spacing was off. I appreciate it's telling me where I'm going wrong instead of just telling me I failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's always cringe but I don't see them doing anything weird with it - I think they did it solely for the comedic value of playing as a small character who talks like a smug adult.

In other news I got to the part a couple years in when Touemon and Kaimaru get lost and thought it was funny they had to wait a whole season out in the wilderness to be rescued, because my rice harvest sure wasn't about to wait.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

McCracAttack posted:

That part stressed me out! My exploration level wasn't high enough but the rice needed my attention. I wonder if that was a situation where you were supposed to let one of the humans handle it? But nope, they spent fall in a cave during my play through.

Exactly, if I had waited one more day to harvest my rice wouldn't have been dry by the start of winter since it rained on the final day of fall - sorry guys!

That said I did maybe rush the area where they were to get them back and dealt with some enemies at night who I really didn't have the stats for lol, so I guess their emotional manipulation worked.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a concise tutorial on exactly what my water levels should look like from planting to harvest? I have the ability that shows me the %