Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rice or Ruin?
Rice
Ruin
View Results

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I picked up this game on a whim after seeing it in the Switch store and watching the trailer (I bought it on the PS4 instead).

Game is Good. And cute. The gameplay loop makes it feel like it's a roguelite in a sense, with the continual character development and unlocks based on your decisions and random drops. I really enjoyed the world the characters paint when they eat dinner (or through story events), and there are several threads I would like further exploration on. Endgame/story spoilers: All the cute and odd-looking Gods that come for the festival furthers this desire. I also have questions about the Godliness of all the humans after returning to the Lower realm, of those who stayed in the Lofty realm, etc. They do the annoying "but that's a story for another time" sequel hook thing, which wouldn't bother me if I thought this game would get DLC.

There are a few nagging bugs I hope they fix (the patches have been relatively rapid recently), such as falling through the map in some areas, enemies getting stuck in terrain, and other, smaller, collision-related issues.

I would love to see an action/adventure/Metroidvania type game from these devs that expands on this world. I put more time into this game than I did Cold War in a much shorter time.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU