Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rice or Ruin?
Rice
Ruin
View Results

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Terper posted:

If your stores will soon rot, it would be a good idea to process your ingredients for preservation.

On the other hand, rotten food makes a great fertilizer ingredient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The soundtrack isn't amazing but it's nice enough.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You can reduce Toxicity with Moonlit Stones, which drop from most demons at night.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:eng101: When planting, keep the camera in front of you rather than behind, and walk directly away from it

this is exactly how the ancient rice farmers of the Jomon period kept their cameras straight

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You put basic nutrients in your fertilizer by mixing in five Fallen Leaves, Beast Hooves, and Beast Manures, and then adding some Amber. I always just dump in enough to max out all three; I've never had to refill before a harvest.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh, that. Yeah, I got no clue. I know fertilizer takes 10 hours to prepare if you don't use Powder of Transformation; your guess is as good as mine whether that's what it's supposed to mean. I haven't found any other materials that reduce the time.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

badgers are dicks

they aren't even that dangerous, I just hate that stupid dance they do

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/cluseller/status/1328891646411382784

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tip: talk to Tauemon about the rice when it's raining

do this as early as possible and not, for example, when you're wrapping up your prep for the final dungeon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

My confusion was from the "Sustainability: 10 hours" field. I assumed that meant fertilizer had to be refreshed every single day. Ran through my items like crazy and was generally a pain in the rear end

Still don't know what that field actually means :v:

It looks like "Sustainability: 10 hours" means that any stat boosts you put into your fertilizer will only help level up your rice for 10 hours after spreading. If that's true, then I've been wasting literally all my stat boosts by dumping them onto the field right at tilling time. :shepicide: But that would also mean you can add more and more boosts after every ten hours. You wouldn't need any base materials for that either, as long as your nutrient levels are still good.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 23, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There is one weird issue where gear is described as having modifiers to "textile & dye collection." That means items you use for crafting new garments, which can be fruits, flowers, roots, fish scales, or any number of other things which absolutely are not textiles or dyes.

Otherwise the translation is excellent.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The story does touch on those things eventually.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Deified Data posted:

Does anyone have a concise tutorial on exactly what my water levels should look like from planting to harvest? I have the ability that shows me the %

Depends on what you're shooting for--yield(HP, more rice for cooking & trading), heartiness(Strength/Vitality/Gusto I think?), aesthetic(Luck), aroma(Magic), or a balance.

For high yield, keep the water shallow after planting: about 20-25%, at Sakuna's ankle height. Drain the field when your crop reaches the Third Offshoots stage. When you hit Sprouting, fill it deep--80% or more, even.

For high heartiness, you can leave the water shallow until harvest time.

For high aesthetic, the water should be deep. Use ducks to keep the weeds & pests down. Drain the field at Third Offshoots, but fill it again at Sprouting--and keep the gates open so the water is flowing through.

For high aroma, shallow water is best, but drain the field during Third Offshoots.

For a balance, keep it shallow, drain it for Third Offshoots, then raise it to 30%ish for Sprouting.

McCracAttack posted:

I just did this and it was a prooo tip. That probably should have been easier to find. Guess I need to chat with him more instead of just reading the scrolls in my inventory.

That and salt sorting are things I reeeally wish I could've stumbled upon sooner. I also got to the final dungeon before realizing that you can stand in your rice field and press B for a detailed status report, which is where all the stuff about pests, weeds, and diseases comes in. :downs:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

as great as poop continues to be, make sure you send the baby to different spots for maximum dogs