Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rice or Ruin?
Rice
Ruin
View Results

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

This game's shockingly compelling. I spoiled myself a little on getting better crops and was very surprised at how much detail is involved - individual diseases and pests, number of stalks affecting yield, different nutritional needs at different stages of growth, all sorts. Sakuna's a fun character too, the writing and VA is better than I frankly expected

The brawling is satisfying too, if rather mashier-seeming than your devils crying :v:

(e) Probably the one negative I'd put in is I still don't really get how soil nutrition works, and the UI conveys it rather poorly

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

You put basic nutrients in your fertilizer by mixing in five Fallen Leaves, Beast Hooves, and Beast Manures, and then adding some Amber. I always just dump in enough to max out all three; I've never had to refill before a harvest.

My confusion was from the "Sustainability: 10 hours" field. I assumed that meant fertilizer had to be refreshed every single day. Ran through my items like crazy and was generally a pain in the rear end

Still don't know what that field actually means :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That was what I concluded, that it takes 10 hours for the poop to, uh, ripen???? but "Sustainability" is a weird fuckin word for that, even allowing for a TL fuckup :shrug:

Oh well, good to know that. Now maybe I can actually HAVE five of each of the bases next season