Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You colonize a far-away place. You encounter some natives. Do you...
...colonize them and found a great, but ultimately doomed empire?
...leave the poor bastards alone?
...get incinerated immediately by their ray guns?
...get eaten by inexplicably slimy giant worms?
...get utterly schooled because their magic anti-bullet slime is actually working?
View Results

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

New Homellette for me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

How does the slew of basically uninhabitable systems work with our need to colonize most of the sector?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Do people get to look behind the curtain a little? Do you have to tease out clues to work out who might have written certain bits or are they fairly open about it so that people end up following more the stuff by particular writers rather than the work as a whole?

Is there an official list of contributors?

Has anyone ever tried to pass themselves off as a PR writer?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

A friend of mine was trying to stream some Thief 2 and the sound was resolutely refusing to be piped through.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I mean, it does sound like balance is kind of out of the window with our pick having crippled ships and the difficulty being an additional bullet to the knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Given what you've said so far about your ships I don't see how you will win without use of exploits etc...