Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

It took my wife's father in Brazil in the first wave.
He was always taking cool pictures and I'm happy his flickr is online https://www.flickr.com/photos/acbc/?fbclid=IwAR0dvyZVNcEvqRiovuEnCoheQFYdDoiBNBKxpYHXjLAPiMLIxhFPBTAiGOE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

MattO posted:

It took my wife's father in Brazil in the first wave.
He was always taking cool pictures and I'm happy his flickr is online https://www.flickr.com/photos/acbc/?fbclid=IwAR0dvyZVNcEvqRiovuEnCoheQFYdDoiBNBKxpYHXjLAPiMLIxhFPBTAiGOE

jeez im really sorry that's so close to home, rest in peace

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

My husband's cousin's wife's sister died recently of it. Her and her sisters were all in the 'lol it's fake gonna still party' camp, which is awful because they're all over 60 (husband's cousin is thirty years older than him). Anyway now she's taking it seriously. I'm glad about that because she's a really nice lady who helped me find an apartment a couple years ago. Sucks that conspiracy shitheads talked her and her sisters into being stupid.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Skratte posted:

My husband's cousin's wife's sister died recently of it. Her and her sisters were all in the 'lol it's fake gonna still party' camp, which is awful because they're all over 60 (husband's cousin is thirty years older than him). Anyway now she's taking it seriously. I'm glad about that because she's a really nice lady who helped me find an apartment a couple years ago. Sucks that conspiracy shitheads talked her and her sisters into being stupid.

yeah the amount of fake information being propagated by what have to ve either spciopaths or r words is something else. rest in peace

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

My friend's teenage little sister walked up to her, hacked a lung into her face, and said "i think im sick"

Then her whole family got COVID. none of them died though

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chillgamesh posted:

My friend's teenage little sister walked up to her, hacked a lung into her face, and said "i think im sick"

Then her whole family got COVID. none of them died though

she sounds like an r word

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My nephew army, died 3 time’s, op. Thanks for bringing up such a sensitive topic, I’m now reliving this 6 more times

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I died.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this covid reality loving sucks and its a thing that will mindfuck us in some way that we have no control of

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

My dad went to the hospital for a foot infection, got covid there and died 3 weeks later. Preemptive thanks for the rip.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chinatown posted:

this covid reality loving sucks and its a thing that will mindfuck us in some way that we have no control of

im on antipsychotics for the first time since i was 19 lol it rocks! not!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sexy tiger boobs posted:

My dad went to the hospital for a foot infection, got covid there and died 3 weeks later. Preemptive thanks for the rip.

jesus christ im so sorry man rest in peace thats loving brutal i really cant imagine losing a parent

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
My coworkers sister came into the office all the time. Real smoke show and cool as hell and brought in these Vietnamese rolls all the time and would bust everyone's balls. Coolest person at the office and she didn't even work there she dead now.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Harvey Mantaco posted:

My coworkers sister came into the office all the time. Real smoke show and cool as hell and brought in these Vietnamese rolls all the time and would bust everyone's balls. Coolest person at the office and she didn't even work there she dead now.

rest in peace coworkers hot sister

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm from NYC and I can't even count how many. It's a lot. Some of it is friends (in their 40s) and some of it is just community people you know, like the owner/chef of my favorite restaurant, or my neighbor's kid's friend, or a hobby store owner.

There's also people who didn't die. Like a month ago I had a friend who took a gig as a musician at an outdoor restaurant. He wore a mask, but knowing him, he would have taken it off to drink and probably chat, but onstage and outside. Long story short, he just had open-heart surgery so hopefully he makes it. He's in his 30s.

Don't gently caress around. The next time you're like "well it wouldn't be that bad if I just...", don't do it.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Serious talk, I lost my brother to coronavirus. He was 59 years old. I got a phone call one day from a doctor's office in his home state, who was trying to get in touch with him but couldn't reach him. This led to the rest of my immediate family trying to get in touch with him, eventually having the police do a wellness check to his house. But it was already too late.

I hadn't spoken to him in about two months, since I live far away. I didn't even know he was sick. I can't help but feel like if I talked to him more often, maybe he could've gone into a hospital sooner.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

HJE-Cobra posted:

Serious talk, I lost my brother to coronavirus. He was 59 years old. I got a phone call one day from a doctor's office in his home state, who was trying to get in touch with him but couldn't reach him. This led to the rest of my immediate family trying to get in touch with him, eventually having the police do a wellness check to his house. But it was already too late.

I hadn't spoken to him in about two months, since I live far away. I didn't even know he was sick. I can't help but feel like if I talked to him more often, maybe he could've gone into a hospital sooner.

I'm so sorry :( rest in peace

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
In a selfish personal way; ive lost a few of my favorite bars and hangout spots

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
My best friend's brother and grandfather. They had been taking all of the precautions, wearing their masks and everything and they both still caught it and died in the same hospital.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This guy, who was a well known person in the Melbourne community and thus got a heap of obits in all the newspapers:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/arts-community-farewells-paddy-garrity-a-glory-of-a-person-20200821-p55o13.html

Also I'm pretty sure my old landlord died from the 'vid but his daughter was so distraught when I spoke to her I couldn't get any clear info out of her apart from that he died in an old age home and the family hadn't even been allowed in to visit him one last time.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
I lost an uncle and a neighbor. Also my parents lost a friend and two neighbors. My wife is getting over it right now. Being that she works in the medical field, and immunocompromised, it's not surprising that she got it. We have been very lucky it has been a mild case for her. Knock on wood, I have tested negative 3 times. When we found out she was having symptoms (no smell or taste) we started wearing masks at home, slept in different rooms, and have had no physical contact. I have been wiping everything down with a bleach solution. I also have been taking 80mg of Famotidine each day. Also, yay for my depression and boredom that causes me to sleep 14-16 hours a day when I cannot leave the house. I don't have a job that I can work from home, so I am going stir crazy. My co-workers and friends are great and checking in with us and talking to us after work cause I need human contact much more than my wife.

All but my neighbor were very cautious, but it being Wisconsin and all, it's not surprise that lots of people get it because we can't have nice things in this state. For Fucks Sake, Iowa just did a mask mandate!

I Miss Snausages fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 19, 2020

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Not exactly but my brother won’t talk to me anymore because I wouldn’t go to his girlfriend’s birthday party back in April lol. He thinks I’m an idiot for “buying into the hoax”

The last interaction I had with him he sent me a photo of a dog with a muzzle on and a guy wearing a face mask and the text “what’s the difference?” as if it was some damning evidence that Covid isn’t real.

Feel sorry for people who lost family and friends to this thing because of dipshits like him

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
I once worked in a basement that was ventilated to OSHA code, they had "adequate" ventilation to vent the aromatic hydrocarbons we used to clean tools for the production line

one day someone came in with a toothache, that night I came down with a toothache and this infection completely ruined a molar, I had crazy pain until the molar collapsed, now I have some shards of a hosed up tooth on that side

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I literally dont know a single person who has got it, let alone died from it. Pretty lucky I guess

:same:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The financial advisor who helped me set up a 529 for my son

Last time I spoke to her, she mentioned she had kids who lived in NYC that she hadn't seen in months and missed them. She was a people person, and WFH was giving her some serious cabin fever.

Found out a few days ago that they risked a single visit not too long after. One of her kids had it but was asymptomatic. She caught the roni from them and didn't make it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It scares the poo poo out of me because my mom is super duper high risk and will be super dead if she catches the roni. She's getting careless and is dead set on seeing us on Thanksgiving.

My wife's job had a positive case yesterday.

PersonFromPorlock
Jan 27, 2019

That's true!
Both of my maternal grandparents died of COVID about four months ago. They were in their nineties and one was cancerous and the other a barely treated diabetic, so it's hardly as though their lives were cut short. Also they were awful people and I'm only sad they didn't die decades earlier.

I was hospitalized for a few weeks this year following a mystery flu-like illness that they really, really wanted to be COVID, but I tested negative every time. Multiple organ failure--I was on dialysis and a ventilator for a while. Completely recovered now but they still have no clue what it was.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Second cousin got infected by his dad and then infected his grandparents who are in like their 90s and with whom he's sharing a house. Dunno if anyone died tho, I saw them fixing up their tractor a week or so later. Could have been ghosts tho who knows really my vision is not good

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

I don't know anyone who has died, but today I found out that my kidneys are hosed because of the covid I had back in March.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My coworker was the first one in the office to take COVID super seriously. I took it seriously too, but my coworker was wiping down her desk, washing her hands every time she touched anything communal, etc. She also was one of the only ones who actually worked from home back in the "you can work from home if you feel unsafe" stage, whereas I worked in the office until the "get the gently caress out of the office & don't come back" stage.

Anyway, she & her entire immediate family got COVID and her grandmother died.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

rest in peace coworkers hot sister

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Extended family spread it around to each other real good but survived. Family friends did too and my grandfather's neighbor for fifty years is now in hospice all cause none of them social distanced. West texas. People still don't wear masks enough here. Dumb rear end aunt of mine was like "we doing thanksgiving with extended family?" .

I can feel the boom lowering.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Yes, but not someone that close.
The hospital (in Turkey) offered to write it up as something else so the family could have a proper funeral, so not on paper though.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Tom Gorman posted:

My betta fish died last week, presumably from covid

betta getta new fish

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A coworker who thought it was fake and went to Florida back in May. He was posting pictures at all these jam-packed pool parties and stuff, came back and had to quarantine for 2 weeks. He never came back to work, though, ended up in the hospital about 5 days into quarantine and ended up passing away.

Also Herman Cain, who we all lost.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Talkc posted:

West texas.

My boss lives in small town Texas, and one evening he shared a selfie with the team of him and his family at some dumb high school football game. Not a single person wearing a mask. The crowd, the players, the cheerleaders, nobody. It was like nothing was going on.

We're all going to die.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Talkc posted:

Extended family spread it around to each other real good but survived. Family friends did too and my grandfather's neighbor for fifty years is now in hospice all cause none of them social distanced. West texas. People still don't wear masks enough here. Dumb rear end aunt of mine was like "we doing thanksgiving with extended family?" .

I can feel the boom lowering.

Seriously just don't go. Your family may be pissed at you for a while, but better that than dead. Hell, lie if you have to and say you don't feel well and don't want to risk infecting others.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

A Fancy Hat posted:

Also Herman Cain, who we all lost.

Herman Cain's soul lives on in the Twitterverse.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sorry i was sleeping rest in peace all of the uncovered folks i have not said rest in peace for yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Lost a co-worker. Sat next to him in meetings, he was a solid guy.