Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dax Shepard, talentless idiot

Dax Shepard is a former drug addict from Livonia, Michigan who managed to bumble his way into such iconic roles as "Guy who acts stupid in Idiocracy", and "Guy who acts stupid in C.H.I.P.S", and "Guy throwing up at party". This guy managed to marry Hollywood darling Kristen Bell and together the two of them create an insufferable miasma of unfunny dross.

But, The_Continental, why the distain for Dax Shepard? He's a good dude on paper! He loves his wife! He's a recovering addict who talks openly about his experience! He's written, directed, and starred in movies! He's got great stories!

Well here's the thing. Everything about this dude is so loving contrived. He's made his career staying in the spotlight by constantly marketing his average, lovely, talent-less life. He managed to marry someone way more famous than himself, and uses her as a springboard to keep himself in the public eye. They constantly post about their "teehee hilarious quirky marriage!" and I would honestly rather guzzle piss than see any more of it.

Everything he touches is so goddamn unfunny. Idiocracy was kind of good despite him, but is pretty average as far as Mike Judge projects go. His IMDB is just flop, after flop, after flop.

Worst of all, he's painfully dull. I'm watching the Hot Ones episode with him right now, and its so boring I dumped hot sauce into my eye. The guy can't help but name drop people more famous than himself, and I challenge you to find an interview where he doesn't allude to his deeply troubled past. He's not the first guy to monetize his own battle with addiction, and good for him for (kind of) beating it, but getting off of drugs doesn't make you a good person. The guy often references his "Detroit upbringing" but is the son of wealthy automotive executives and attended schools miles and miles away from the city.

Anyways I'm just trying to pin down why this guy sucks in such a vague and general way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

The_Continental posted:

I'm watching the Hot Ones

I was totally on board for a bit, but it turns out you're just as bad.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

my wife listens to his podcast and says it's good, so idk, your opinions seem bad. also he relapsed recently, so maybe you'll find him more interesting now?

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Let's go to prison was good, but I'm not like gonna watch an interview with him or read most your post

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I liked Let's Go to Prison and also Bless This Mess. Suck a dil, op!!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Dax is short for Daxophone

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

his podcast armchair expert is loving incredible

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Frankenstyle posted:

I was totally on board for a bit, but it turns out you're just as bad.

Hot ones sucks. I had to find some sort of media of his to whip up some fresh disgust.

Sid Vicious posted:

his podcast armchair expert is loving incredible

I'll have to take your word for it. The idea of his sea cucumber brain interviewing anyone doesn't really excite me.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

he just gets really intersting guests he does interrupt people a lot i won't lie. dr phils podcast also owns

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

killer crane posted:

my wife listens to his podcast and says it's good, so idk, your opinions seem bad. also he relapsed recently, so maybe you'll find him more interesting now?

Full disclosure this thread is a direct result of my wife and I having extremely differing opinions on the man. She was watching some insagram or tiktok story of him and Kirsten Bell and they were talking about their dog. I was just like "that guy is a talentless boring hack".

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
who dax?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

dr phils podcast also owns

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
dax sounds like the name of a space lesbian

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Ror posted:

Dax is short for Daxophone

LMAO

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The CHIPS movie he made seems despicably unfunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJNXgrW-rc

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I never see him in anything
So therefore he doesn't bother me, op

Good for him for monetizing his life

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The_Continental posted:

Idiocracy was kind of good despite him, but is pretty average as far as Mike Judge projects go.

I stopped reading here and now I’m convinced you are the unfunny and bad one OP.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i dunno op he seems a hell of a lot more accomplished than you to be perfectly honest

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you're the most boring and ugly and talentless person in your social circle and yet people aren't running for the hills, you've won at life

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The_Continental posted:

Full disclosure this thread is a direct result of my wife and I having extremely differing opinions on the man. She was watching some insagram or tiktok story of him and Kirsten Bell and they were talking about their dog. I was just like "that guy is a talentless boring hack".

let's get to the root of this -- how's the relationship with the wife going?

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
On first read I thought you meant internet darling and awesome dude Daxflame and I was ready to come into this thread to defend him to the death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bybmhr8REkM

This other Dax guy seems lame idc

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

piratepilates posted:

let's get to the root of this -- how's the relationship with the wife going?

We're doing great, sorry.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
ok you;ve convinced me. i will devote my life to hating this man, just for you op

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i love you op btw

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

The_Continental posted:

Dax Shepard, talentless idiot

Dax Shepard is a former drug addict from Livonia, Michigan who managed to bumble his way into such iconic roles as "Guy who acts stupid in Idiocracy", and "Guy who acts stupid in C.H.I.P.S", and "Guy throwing up at party". This guy managed to marry Hollywood darling Kristen Bell and together the two of them create an insufferable miasma of unfunny dross.

But, The_Continental, why the distain for Dax Shepard? He's a good dude on paper! He loves his wife! He's a recovering addict who talks openly about his experience! He's written, directed, and starred in movies! He's got great stories!

Well here's the thing. Everything about this dude is so loving contrived. He's made his career staying in the spotlight by constantly marketing his average, lovely, talent-less life. He managed to marry someone way more famous than himself, and uses her as a springboard to keep himself in the public eye. They constantly post about their "teehee hilarious quirky marriage!" and I would honestly rather guzzle piss than see any more of it.

Everything he touches is so goddamn unfunny. Idiocracy was kind of good despite him, but is pretty average as far as Mike Judge projects go. His IMDB is just flop, after flop, after flop.

Worst of all, he's painfully dull. I'm watching the Hot Ones episode with him right now, and its so boring I dumped hot sauce into my eye. The guy can't help but name drop people more famous than himself, and I challenge you to find an interview where he doesn't allude to his deeply troubled past. He's not the first guy to monetize his own battle with addiction, and good for him for (kind of) beating it, but getting off of drugs doesn't make you a good person. The guy often references his "Detroit upbringing" but is the son of wealthy automotive executives and attended schools miles and miles away from the city.

Anyways I'm just trying to pin down why this guy sucks in such a vague and general way.

"Don't want to sound like a dick or nothing, but ahh ... says on your chart that you're hosed up. Ahh, you talk like a fag, and your poo poo's all retarded."

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

i love you op btw

Thank you same *smooches*

Junk posted:

i dunno op he seems a hell of a lot more accomplished than you to be perfectly honest

I guess that really depends on the metrics. If you call producing and acting in 2 decades worth of commercial and critical dumpster-fires, despite having nearly unlimited financial and personal access through your celebrity spouse "accomplished", then sure.

edit: it seems you've come around thank you for seeing things my way.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 19, 2020

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you're the most boring and ugly and talentless person in your social circle and yet people aren't running for the hills, you've won at life

This guy gets it.

Dak stumbling his way into success and leveraging his easy going charms into a full time career is the modern day Horatio Alger story. Only in America, baby.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He seems like a very slightly less objectionable zach braff.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He seems like a very slightly less objectionable zach braff.

lol his episode of his podcast with Zach Braff is basically all about this and how they get mixed up a lot

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I agree with hating Dax Shepard he is bad and stupid and that movie about his car or whatever is really bad

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

you sure make a lot of threads about stuff you hate, op

have you tried being less cynical about stuff? Tell me something you unironically like regardless of others' opinions!

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I like Clone High i know that request wasn't for me but whatever

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

runnypoops posted:

I like Clone High i know that request wasn't for me but whatever

clone high rules i just rewatched it last month

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

clone high rules i just rewatched it last month

The delivery of "Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys!!" is one of my favourite lines in anything.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The delivery of "Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys!!" is one of my favourite lines in anything.

it's so dang good lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Caedus posted:

you sure make a lot of threads about stuff you hate, op

have you tried being less cynical about stuff? Tell me something you unironically like regardless of others' opinions!

Id say I generally have a pretty sunny outlook. I have made a few threads about dumb pop culture stuff I hate but I think the majority of what I post is constructive.

I like cooking for groups, volunteering in my community, Dostoyevsky, all kinds of music, pumping iron (the movie and the act thereof). I like Goontube, beer, and exploring Queensland with mai waife. I like Urban Planning and Economics, the history of cities, I like boats and would like to live on one someday maybe.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

The_Continental posted:

Id say I generally have a pretty sunny outlook. I have made a few threads about dumb pop culture stuff I hate but I think the majority of what I post is constructive.

I like cooking for groups, volunteering in my community, Dostoyevsky, all kinds of music, pumping iron (the movie and the act thereof). I like Goontube, beer, and exploring Queensland with mai waife. I like Urban Planning and Economics, the history of cities, I like boats and would like to live on one someday maybe.

Don't want to sound like a dick or nothing, but ahh ... says in your post that you're hosed up. Ahh, you talk like a fag, and your poo poo's all retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The_Continental posted:

I challenge you to find an interview where he doesn't allude to his deeply troubled past.

Getting mad at a person talking about themselves when they're being interviewed is hilarious, but not in the Dax Shepard way where a person says something funny intentionally.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
good job banging kristen bell though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pontificating rear end posted:

good job banging kristen bell though

I get they're both annoying in those stupid commercials, but in actual acting gigs I find her terribly likeable :shrug: