Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

After reading your OP, you and I are in similar boats, I'm just further down the river and have gotten what you seek: management title with salary position after almost a decade of grinding overtime in manufacturing. I will tell you to be careful what you wish for. Salaried jobs in manufacturing are a double-edged sword and you frequently are exploited by those above you. Now that you're salaried and management, we'll cut all your direct reports to the bone and now you get to fill in what they were doing on top of your management duties (timekeeping, supervision, data analysis, report creation, presentations, and OMG ALL THE loving MEETINGS). Not only that, but you'll also be working the same, if not more hours! For no extra pay!

There are some perks, like 1 hour lunches (over the 30 minute breaks we'd get), slightly more flexibility on start/end times. The responsibility and accountability are really hard, as well as the fact that now you rarely, if ever, get a vacation.

If you just want more money, go somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU