Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Goblins are talking boogers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zereth posted:

Switch the roles of classes and stats. You have 15 Fighter, 13 Wizard, 7 Cleric, etc, and you are a Dexterity. You level up in Dexterity and get Dexteiry Features and learn Dexterity-specific feats, etc.

Will this solve problems? No, but it will give you new, exciting, different problems!
You've just described d20 modern. Never describe d20 modern. Do it the other way (your stats are Fighter, Mage etc and Fighter stars with maximum in Fighter) and you've described Danger Patrol. Always describe Danger Patrol.

Look, goblin thread, I have a lot of words I could post here about ability scores and how they interact with class based systems and are only needed in specific circumstances and why the big six specifically are a bad fit for a "generic" set of ability scores and it's taking a lot of restraint not to start typing and never stop. I'll probably type up a bunch in the chat thread this weekend and drop a link. But basically if you're making a goblin RPG with ability scores they should be stuff like "Sneakiness" and "Malevolence" rather than "Dexterity".

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 2, 2024

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

- Sneakiness
- Malevolence
- Tinkering
- Cuteness
- Skrinky Skronky Skree Skraw

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

- Sneakiness
- Malevolence
- Tinkering
- Cuteness
- Skrinky Skronky Skree Skraw
- Shortstackliness

this is a comeliness joke I'm not actually being horny on main

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Splicer posted:

- Shortstackliness

this is a comeliness joke I'm not actually being horny on main

throw that under "Cuteness"

Sneakiness is for sneakin
Malevolence is for bitin and knifin
Tinkering is for breakin and makin
Cuteness is for getting away with poo poo
Skrinky Skronky Skree Skraw is obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

throw that under "Cuteness"

Sneakiness is for sneakin
Malevolence is for bitin and knifin
Tinkering is for breakin and makin
Cuteness is for getting away with poo poo
Skrinky Skronky Skree Skraw is obvious.
Malevolence is also for intimidating. I was trying to work out what dodging and backflips fall under but realised that's obviously Skrinky Skronky Skree Skraw

comeliness was a gross old optional seventh stat for D&D and yeah basically comeliness : charisma as shortstackliness : cuteness look I promise at least one old person read my terribly niche in-joke and thought "lol"

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:57 on May 2, 2024