Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
this is a goblin thread

post your gobs

goblin art
goblin stats
goblin minis
goblin stories

goblin it up in here

any system
any setting
any number of goblins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

"you absolute fool" you say "you complete loving dump truck of a man, how could you forge a goblin thread without goblins posted therein"

well, friend, your manner is churlish but you have a point. behold: goblins

goblin forever

I love it when a goblin looks like, a hosed up little toad or something???

This is a goblin in mork borg, which is like a hosed up sharky gob

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Nice thread, be a shame if some Gremlins took it over.

But don't sweat, Captain Zipp will keep them in line.

The Brewmaster will certainly help, too

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Cassa posted:

beautiful FUCKIN gobs

Reminds me of the Goblins vs. Gnomes conflict in Hand of Fate 2, where Goblins are big fat bully types who keep taking the Gnomes' stuff, but Gnomes are horrible little gremlin men who ambush travellers and take ALL their stuff, so you can either get the gnomes' stuff back in exchange for gold or help the goblins beat up gnomes to get free loot.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
are kobolds goblins

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Impermanent posted:

are kobolds goblins

vastly cooler

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

if they're small and numerous they're
goblins

i.e. goblins, kobolds, grots, squigs, kender, etc.

ergo all small and numerous things are welcome here, such as:

redcaps (beard goblins)

dust mephits (hosed up dirt goblin)

derro (probably racist goblin)

and even the two flavors of kobold:
kobold (modern revisionist goblin)

and

kobold (he's like a dog or something goblin)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

are Scrunts goblins

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Can we post non-art stuff in this thread, like lore and such?

Do gibberlings count as goblins?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

This is a goblin in mork borg, which is like a hosed up sharky gob

A goblin sharky goblin, even.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

One of the members of my Pathfinder group is an elf rogue who was raised by goblins and takes every opportunity she can to rescue/spare/otherwise rehome any goblins she can.

Currently our main operating base has six goblin helpers that she's rescued or otherwise talked out of murdering us and getting a steady paying job as one of our hirelings instead.

It's loving hilarious and I'm always excited every time we find new goblins to adopt.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Given the nilbog tag, I once wrote up some homebrew of how said monsters would exist in Zakhara given said setting's propensity for integrating monstrous races.

quote:

5e Writeup: Nilbogism is believed to be the result of a mischievous jinn possessing the host goblinoid. Due to the fact that violence against the possessed host is neither practical nor moral for many communities, affected goblins are either ignored or tricked into being captured to make the possessing jinn grow bored and move on.

Alternative Writeup, based on traditional/Tome of Horrors portrayal: These goblins are cursed to live time at a different wavelength than others. The mental strain and temporal confusion generated by them causes nilbogs to become outcasts, so they gather in monasteries of their kind where they seek the favor of the gods for solace. The experience of maladies and wounds “in reverse” caused more than few nilbogs to take up the sword and fight otherwise invincible foes. Goblinoid rawun are quite fond of these “tragic heroes,” teaching that even those afflicted with horrible maladies can go on to perform great deeds.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

One of the members of my Pathfinder group is an elf rogue who was raised by goblins and takes every opportunity she can to rescue/spare/otherwise rehome any goblins she can.

Currently our main operating base has six goblin helpers that she's rescued or otherwise talked out of murdering us and getting a steady paying job as one of our hirelings instead.

It's loving hilarious and I'm always excited every time we find new goblins to adopt.

We adopted a baby goblin once in a D&D campaign. Lost a few murderhobo players over it, but that was really for the best.

The DM decided that goblin stature is a matter of malnutrition, so our boy's grown up into a hale and handsome green fellow.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here are some photos I took at Goblin Valley State Park, Utah:

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

to answer the questions i have received: all goblin content is welcome in the goblin thread. go goblin batshit.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

As indicated in the title of the sculpting thread, I roll my own goblins. Blood Bowl season is approaching, and the Dankrumble Dodgy Gits are getting ready for their season.

Especially this fellow, Deadly Don Merrydeath, the chainsaw wieldin’ Loony.

Full team here, with two honorary goblins in the form of trolls.

I like sculpting goblins.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Here are some photos I took at Goblin Valley State Park, Utah:

Hope you got your money back after not seeing any goblins there!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Hedningen posted:

[FUCKIN INCREDIBLE FOOTBALL GOBS!!!]

godDAMN those are some worthy gobs, you better not score points on those FUCKIN gobs if you wanna keep your spleen

Vidmaster posted:

third pic has many gobs (small and numerous). sometimes a goblin is a rock or many.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Vidmaster posted:

Those are all rock goblins you fool!

Also, it was free. :)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

There's a 19th century English goblin. He looks pretty happy!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bieeanshee posted:

We adopted a baby goblin once in a D&D campaign. Lost a few murderhobo players over it, but that was really for the best.

The DM decided that goblin stature is a matter of malnutrition, so our boy's grown up into a hale and handsome green fellow.

Lost players? As in they quit the game because things didn't go exactly as they wanted?

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Lost players? As in they quit the game because things didn't go exactly as they wanted?

$50 bucks says it happened along the lines of 'the players decide to rescue the goblin against the murderhobos' wishes, the murderhobos tell the GM they're going to kill it when they get it alone for a moment, the GM tells them knock it off, don't be a dick to the other players, and the murderhobos flounce out complaining their roleplaying is being suppressed'.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
Can't have a goblin thread without these lads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPkqjc23yqs&t=0m38s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

derro (probably racist goblin)
Dero are inspired by the Shaver Mystery, but I don't know why those guys are grey. Here are some dero:

Now me, I like hobbos:

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 24, 2020

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Tsilkani posted:

$50 bucks says it happened along the lines of 'the players decide to rescue the goblin against the murderhobos' wishes, the murderhobos tell the GM they're going to kill it when they get it alone for a moment, the GM tells them knock it off, don't be a dick to the other players, and the murderhobos flounce out complaining their roleplaying is being suppressed'.

Close. Two of the players are new to the group and old-school murderhobos. They propose killing the baby gobbo after the attackers have been slain. All but one of the other players (and the DM) go 'really?' and overrule them.

Another player is an egomaniac, who talks them into quitting with him so he can run a game, after the session ends. Nothing of value was lost.

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
gobblin' these balls

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

GimpInBlack posted:

Can't have a goblin thread without these lads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPkqjc23yqs&t=0m38s

I love, like, 80s froggo goblins in Japanese media (I'm p sure an anime studio did the Hobbit there?).

Just like weirdly sized toad men with sharp teeth? beautiful

Halloween Jack posted:

Now me, I like hobbos:

Yo that hobgob slaps. Looks like he could almost be a main character

mellonbread posted:

gobblin' these balls

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

I love, like, 80s froggo goblins in Japanese media (I'm p sure an anime studio did the Hobbit there?).

Just like weirdly sized toad men with sharp teeth? beautiful

Rankin-Bass, yeah, same outfit that did the Last Unicorn.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Bieeanshee posted:

Rankin-Bass, yeah, same outfit that did the Last Unicorn.

Rankin-Bass was an American studio, but they mostly did stop-motion work (perhaps most famously, at least if you're an American goon, the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer TV special). They did indeed outsource almost all of their 2D cel animation work to Japanese studios, though, and The Hobbit was animated by Topcraft, which would go on to be known for Nausicaä: Valley of the Wind and eventually become Studio Ghibli.

Also fun, one of the goblin singers in both The Hobbit and Return of the King is Thurl Ravenscroft, better known as the voice of Tony the Tiger in the Frosted Flakes commercials from 1953 till 2005. He's also one of the singers at Disneyland/World's Haunted Mansion ride, and sang "You're a Mean One, Mr.Grinch" in the animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Have some more gobbo songs:

FIFTEEN BIRDS! IN FIVE FIR TREES!

Where There's a Whip, There's a Way! (Marching Song of the Goblin Workers' Party)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
And the best goblin song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBtoyoWKAo

Fun fact: the baby is the goblin designer's son, who went on to do puppetry work of his own.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Goblins rule. Hobgoblins rule. I wish there was more great hobbo art, I try to always play them in tabletop but I have trouble finding artwork to steal appropriate.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Incredibly pretty definitely a goblin royalty own too, but they also get the guillotine come the revolution.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Just a goblin trying to survive in the modern world.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Okay, since this here is a goblin thread, it's time for this here goblin PC story.

So once upon a time, I had a goblin D&D character (well, really, it was Pathfinder, but same difference.) It was a Wild West themed game, so I built a goblin gunslinger.

He frequently claimed he lost his name in The War. It got gangrenous and had to be chopped off.

Whenever introductions came up, he invariably said, "The Goblin with no Name, but you can call me," coming up with a different Wild West themed name each time he met someone new. A few noteworthy names were "Glint Eastgood," "Buck Farshot," "Billiam the Boy," and "Doc Holloway." The explanation I thought to give was that they were prosthetic names and he kept trying out new ones, like trying out a new cane or wooden leg.

To be fair, he was lying. He was actually named Walter.

It became a big hilarious brick joke late in the campaign when the party met someone who knew him and called him by name.

The real motive for his name agnosticism; he was adopted as a baby by a gang of (human, half-elf, halfling, half-orc, etc) street urchins and they named him. Shortly before the campaign, this found family got kidnapped. Because he couldn't protect them, he didn't think he was worthy of this name until he rescued them.

Drakli fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 26, 2020

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Drakli posted:

COWBOY GOBLIN TALE

beautiful

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
So's that art!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I know people here have various opinions on Critical Role, but is Nott cool? I also have not-Nott goblins too.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend

Thanks! And that is some pretty sweet art, there!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
AGAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

All Goblins Are Beautiful