Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
goblin strong, so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Splicer posted:

Never agree with a list where starfinder is the least worst option.

Here's the 4e goblins:

*completely green
*ludicrous teeth situation
*long luscious locks
*why is that guy jumping? Because he's a goblin.
*shift one when missed by a melee attack which is annoying as hell and also the reason why that guy is jumping

No doubt. 4e goblins are awesome.

Strange how people support 5e goblins as being goblins. Those things are definitely in goblin-mode though!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
There's a class in Dungeon Crawl Classics that let's you play as a group of goblins called a Goblin Gang. Basically you specialize in doing goblin things, like overwhelming enemies with sheer action economy, using group-based problem-solving skills that can end up killing goblins if you fail a check b/c you came up with a stupidly dangerous idea, and can restore lost hit points by letting out a cry summoning more goblins to join your mob. You can't equip magic weapons because the goblins will fight each other over it.

It's from a 3rd party book called the Class Alphabet, but far as I know there's nothing like this in any other OSR game. At best you may be able to play as one goblin.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
One of the classes in Electric Bastionland is a pack of urchins that operates similarly. Urchins aren't goblins, but they are kind of the closest thing Bastion has to goblins

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If you do a bit of digging there's been quite a few classes of that nature really

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

One of GLOG's (which I've never got the hang of because it's very loosey-goosey, perhaps so on purpose) classes is being a group of goblins/urchins, but it's four-level 'multiclassing' system sort of allows you to turn that into a horde of pretty much anything, depending on what other classes you take up.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
If you're saying that there exists a game system that let's me play as a horde of goblin muscle wizards, then maybe God is real.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

LashLightning posted:

One of GLOG's (which I've never got the hang of because it's very loosey-goosey, perhaps so on purpose) classes is being a group of goblins/urchins, but it's four-level 'multiclassing' system sort of allows you to turn that into a horde of pretty much anything, depending on what other classes you take up.

Is this the one you're talking about? It's more of a "you're a hobgoblin with goblin minions," but it's the closest I found while searching.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

drrockso20 posted:

If you do a bit of digging there's been quite a few classes of that nature really

I like the one where you're a little tiny guy piloting a regular sized guy

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Atlas Hugged posted:

If you're saying that there exists a game system that let's me play as a horde of goblin muscle wizards, then maybe God is real.

gently caress yeah we go in the tavern
It's called "the aromatic pestle" and there's some suspicious toughs hanging around, you sure?
yeah
like suspicious. goblin types. maybe six.
hell yeah
the bouncers crack their knuckles. "'ay, bud. you sure you're in the right place?"
"Y--"
as soon as you start talking they all cast fireball. There's seven.
what the gently caress!?
one was hanging out the window.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Libertad! posted:

Is this the one you're talking about? It's more of a "you're a hobgoblin with goblin minions," but it's the closest I found while searching.

Actually bothered to look for it, and it's based off another class called "the Extras", Many Goblins.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
How can you link that and not post that awesome image:

"Sometimes, goblins eat fish, sometimes the fish eats goblins."
"Yeah. You think he's still alive in there?"

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

LashLightning posted:

Actually bothered to look for it, and it's based off another class called "the Extras", Many Goblins.

Oh hey, it's Skerples! Thank you for the find!

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
poo poo, what happened to the gobbo on the right on the top platform? it's a real head scratcher for sure.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
A new goblingame, Goblin Stone! Seems like you build a goblin base like in XCOM and send them out on deckbuilder roguelite missions:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1521970/Goblin_Stone/

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Oh dang, it's out TODAY!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

RBA-Wintrow posted:

Oh dang, it's out TODAY!

Oh yes, I waited for it to go live on Steam before posting, lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it looks a bit like darkest dungeon for the combat, I'm on board with gobbo darkest dungeon plus base building

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

I had my buddy print me these. The rocket launcher is kind of ridiculous, but I like the hobgoblins.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

paradoxGentleman posted:

Okay then. Let me start this by saying that I stumbled upon this combo by pure chance.

So the thing about Age of Wonders 3, which is a 4X game incidentaly, is that you pick both a fantasy race for your leader (in this case, goblin) and a class. Okkra the Cleverest was a Dreadnought: basically a fantasy enginner, using mana power cells and landships to power up her cities and armies, respectively.

gues whos back.......

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Gobbos living their best lives:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

check out my skrinky skronky skree skraw

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.
One of my fav gobbo arts.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

nice!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I declare you official goblin thread ambadassador. Go forth and gob.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im in a D&D group and i just made a goblin illusionist of sorts

Namin him Netch

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010

I just wanted to add this guy as what is, IMO, the epitome of Goblin-ness. If you don't know, this card is from a set called Mirrodin Besieged where the titular plane is under invasion by the Phyrexians, who are super evil and corrupt and absorb everything they can. In the worlds of Magic, this invasion is kind of a big deal, with monstrosities of horrifying countenance and monolithic beasts attacking, some of which you might have already known or been friends with. So what does one little goblin do? It charges headlong into battle with a spike on its head, leading from the front of course!

Just look at that little body and big head with its metal jaw and spiky helmet. It's almost certainly rushing toward its doom but by gawd it's gonna go down swinging. The true heart of a goblin through and through.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
He's a Kobold not a Goblin but this thread would probably like this. Ninth Level Games sent it to me with the Kobolds Ate My Baby/Mork Borg zine.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

UwUnabomber posted:

He's a Kobold not a Goblin but this thread would probably like this. Ninth Level Games sent it to me with the Kobolds Ate My Baby/Mork Borg zine.

Kobolds are very goblinesque, it tracks.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

UwUnabomber posted:

Goblinhood is about what's inside, not what's outside. Inside that dragon is a kobold, and inside that kobold is a goblin.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

And if you are german goblins are kobolds

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
The kobold definitely seems to be engaging in some goblin behavior.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
All goblins are good, but some are iconic.

Painted this dude tonight. Painted some of his gazillion twins as a wee lad 30 years ago as I got my first warhammer box.

Smiling spiky spear gobbo is eternal.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I love these goofy little Mantic goblins. The Dungeon Saga Origins Legendary Edition box is a great grab bag of them.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm running Lost Mine of Phandelver with my buddies at our local game store, and the party liked my characterization and voice work so much they convinced Klarg and the goblins to move to Phandelin to become citizens. Now we're turning the campaign into a city building sim where the characters try to recruit monsters to improve the town's defenses and services.

Also, all bugbears are Macho Man Randy Savage and all goblins sound like Joe Pesci, I don't write the rules.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm running Lost Mine of Phandelver with my buddies at our local game store, and the party liked my characterization and voice work so much they convinced Klarg and the goblins to move to Phandelin to become citizens. Now we're turning the campaign into a city building sim where the characters try to recruit monsters to improve the town's defenses and services.

Also, all bugbears are Macho Man Randy Savage and all goblins sound like Joe Pesci, I don't write the rules.

this sounds great and i wish i was in your group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Thanks! I gotta be careful though; goblin wackiness is wonderful, but too much and I risk annoying the players. Most encounters will have a non-violent resolution available, but some are going to be too unreasonable to deal with peacefully. I think it's important that intelligent beings are portrayed as such, with their own needs and desires beyond the simplistic alignment chart.