Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The thread is open! I have been waiting for what seems like weeks to see prunes in chili...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Your New Years resolution should be to finish this thread

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I. M. Gei posted:

My New Years resolution is to finish everything I started, and this thread is at the top of the list.

I am making chili this week, for my date night with my wife on Saturday. I wonder if I will be able to post a picture of a finished meal in this thread before you do.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Much like Seneca, I feel I must enter a stoic state of chili-resignation, considering, as we must, that ”chili keeps pace with hope … both belong to a stomach in suspense, to a stomach in a state of anxiety through looking into the chili-filled future. Both are mainly due to projecting our thoughts far ahead of us instead of adapting ourselves to the chili-bereft present.”

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’ve had this thread bookmarked for three years now, I got very excited when it jumped to the top of my list

Disappointment, thy name is pandy fackler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I. M. Gei posted:

it wasn't "original" enough for an ICSA (actually this was one of my bigger reasons).

This is never a reason you need to be concerned about, I steal adapt other people's recipes all the time for ICSA, it's absolutely fine.