Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That was incredible. And this hack has already produced some truly incredible things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I was waiting for this reveal. The writing is just so hilariously dumb in the last parts of the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh

My

loving

God

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

This is the moment playing the beta that I went "please god let FPzero LP this"

The Door Frame posted:

I'm trying to think of the edgy joke for the secret of the milk based on what the game has told us so far and I'm finding stuff that's too tasteless for even the South Park level of maturity the game has shown so far. I'm kind of nervous about this one

Did it live up to your expectations?

That one armos room with the block was originally twice as long and had you switch between two blocks but was changed after I complained and said the "point" of the puzzle is made halfway through. ~you're welcome~

You could originally climb on the table, then onto the nozzle and clip your head into the pipe above. I am a little sad the workaround was to put invisible walls around the whole table and not just the nozzle.

For what it's worth, I reported all the weird text in this part (like "pretty cool, hein?" instead of "pretty cool, eh?") but I did vaguely get the impression that at this point the hacker wanted to just be done with this multi-year project. Don't quote me on that though.

This is where I bring up the fan efforts to make Master of Time DX (or whatever they're calling it). I'm gonna be honest, I don't think it'll go anywhere, it mainly seems like idea guys, but what do I know. One of the proposed changes is adding boss fights to the dungeons, and before clicking this link, I want you to imagine in your head what the boss of this dungeon should be.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Procrastine posted:

One of the proposed changes is adding boss fights to the dungeons, and before clicking this link, I want you to imagine in your head what the boss of this dungeon should be.

Leal posted:

Oh

My

loving

God

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Procrastine posted:

One of the proposed changes is adding boss fights to the dungeons

why would you want to ruin one of the best parts of this hack?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It still amazes me the places that this hack goes.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Ahaha, I knew it was coming, but the utterly blase reaction of.. everyone in the hack is what makes it magical. Also, are you guys going to get every ending? I think I know how to get them, if people want the advice after they get the first one.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

DRINK YOUR MILK

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Procrastine posted:

This is the moment playing the beta that I went "please god let FPzero LP this"
Did it live up to your expectations?

That one armos room with the block was originally twice as long and had you switch between two blocks but was changed after I complained and said the "point" of the puzzle is made halfway through. ~you're welcome~

You could originally climb on the table, then onto the nozzle and clip your head into the pipe above. I am a little sad the workaround was to put invisible walls around the whole table and not just the nozzle.

For what it's worth, I reported all the weird text in this part (like "pretty cool, hein?" instead of "pretty cool, eh?") but I did vaguely get the impression that at this point the hacker wanted to just be done with this multi-year project. Don't quote me on that though.

This is where I bring up the fan efforts to make Master of Time DX (or whatever they're calling it). I'm gonna be honest, I don't think it'll go anywhere, it mainly seems like idea guys, but what do I know. One of the proposed changes is adding boss fights to the dungeons, and before clicking this link, I want you to imagine in your head what the boss of this dungeon should be.

It was honestly the least distressing thing that it could have been, and I'm happy to be wrong about this
I feel like Barinade would have been good here, something sucking up the milk or getting in the way of their ceremony, but isn't he unkillable without boomerang?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ocarina of Time 2: The Secret of the Milk

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
this isn't even the peak of that stream tbh

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
The way that everyone in the game is just so "Oh yeah Jabu Milk. That makes perfect sense." and is so accepting of it is fantastic. If it was played as a disgust it would lose so much, but nah it is just "oh huh. I never thought of that. Good idea"

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 28, 2021

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

thanks for watching my lp

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

FPzero posted:

thanks for watching my lp
Gonna be hard to top the good vibes of this ending. :allears:

(The video is unlisted btw)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks, fixed it. Must've not saved my visibility preference when uploading.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
:allears:

It was glorious. It was perfect. I love it!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What a good ending. :drat:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i was the person in the chat insisting on this being a thing and when they got this ending i was so fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffucking vindicated

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

after the revelation of jabu milk, i think this may be the only correct option.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Note: Goku died on the way back to his home planet.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Truly the best ending

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

The Door Frame posted:

Truly the best ending

Of any game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This romhack owns so much, god drat

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
THIS IS A GOOD ENDING.

Indeed.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Having not gone into this LP blind and knowing all the poo poo that was coming, I have spent the entire series giggling to myself.

This hack is very, very dumb.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Weeble posted:

THIS IS A GOOD ENDING.

Indeed.

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica

Truly the Spec Ops: The Line of OoT romhacks.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

One down. :allears:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Tonight at 9PM EST.

https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero

The end(s) of Master of Time.

(probably, who knows this hack could suddenly have a whole child section added to it or something.)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t want it to be over :(

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

FPzero posted:

Tonight at 9PM EST.

https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero

The end(s) of Master of Time.

(probably, who knows this hack could suddenly have a whole child section added to it or something.)
Oh god, the "original hero" in the lorebooks in the library is just Young Goku, isn't it? They put in a child section and time-traveling.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Young link seems very unlikely other than a single dungeon gimmick. Which would be an appropriate final dungeon gimmick to fix time by maybe making it go backwards. But other than deku stick and slingshot, theres nothing inherently unique about young link is there?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Krysmphoenix posted:

Young link seems very unlikely other than a single dungeon gimmick. Which would be an appropriate final dungeon gimmick to fix time by maybe making it go backwards. But other than deku stick and slingshot, theres nothing inherently unique about young link is there?

Boomerang, crawlspaces.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well... that's it for Master of Time...????

(come back and read this after watching the video)
Yeah this end to the game feels like such a cop-out compared to everything else. It's nihilistic in a crappy way and provides no true closure to the plots learned throughout the game, and also doesn't even give the player the satisfaction of a final dungeon or using that critical hit scroll we got, or any of the other variety of items we've picked up and seemed like they would serve a purpose eventually.

But that's that I suppose. Thanks for watching and enjoying the videos!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I am *extremely* conflicted on how this ended

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I'm not. It was bad. There really should have been a final dungeon, or a prison escape sequence, or something along those lines.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Yeah, that ending immediately changed my opinion of this hack from "this seems pretty neat" to "this is absolutely poo poo". A bad ending isn't a bad idea, but the fact that the "good ending" is "you gently caress off forever without completing the plot" means the bad ending also refusing to complete the plot makes it terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

senrath posted:

Yeah, that ending immediately changed my opinion of this hack from "this seems pretty neat" to "this is absolutely poo poo". A bad ending isn't a bad idea, but the fact that the "good ending" is "you gently caress off forever without completing the plot" means the bad ending also refusing to complete the plot makes it terrible.
It also doesn't even make sense in the context of the established plot. Nite went out of her way to find a hero who would go on this adventure to restore the flow of time, and now she... betrays him because she's secretly working with the Zoras and he's learned too much about their plans over the course of this adventure (that, again, he wouldn't even have started on if she hadn't told him to), and an official reason for his execution (that she specifically helped orchestrate) is that he tried to restore the flow of time?? Seriously, what are Nite's goals even supposed to be at this point?