Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
This thread is fascinating, thanks for writing down your thoughts. I have some questions but I want to re-read a bit more (was skimming this in bed at 1 AM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
1.) So I'm pretty unfamiliar with GURPS aside from the basics, how are you dealing with mapping/floor generation if you are having floors shift around every few dungeon periods? Are you just using a randomizer to generate a floorplan and then populating it or are you abstracting it a bit? I thought GURPS was a bit more tactical of a system.

2.) Generally, how would you approach using the mystery system in another game system? (which I adore, great idea and I'll have to read your cited sources for it). Like say you have a generic XP system, would you have them donate XP towards unlocking stuff? Again, sort of unfamiliar with GURPS, but iirc ~10 points is a significant ability

3.) If you were running a solo group, would you adjust the mystery values downward or give other ways to convert resources into mystery points? (say money, and maybe it doesnt get refunded at the end) I'm not looking for ~an answer~ just curious how you'd approach that

4.) How much interaction between the multiple groups running your megadungeon is there? Both OOC/IC interactions. Is everyone on the same discord and chat or is it strictly in-game?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

A new megadungeon manga started getting scanlated: https://mangadex.org/title/50317/dungeon-sherpa-meikyuu-michisaki-annainin

It's about a Dungeon Sherpa! Pretty wholesome so far