Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

As much as I hate Dillion or Conor, either one of the would gently caress UP either Paul brother. I get that they both have combat sports and grappling training(and wrestling experience), but they’re loving with people on a whole ‘nother level.

I know it’s all for a payday, though, and I’m here for it

Its conor's fault for running into boxing as if it was something he could do well. Now there's precedent for people with some experience fighting people with infinitely more experience and the audience being mystifyingly willing to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

Back from the dead, but Jake Shields continues to be a scumbag and an awful, awful bigot

I saw that. We're doing the Fallon Fox thing all over again and its going to somehow be worse.

Eat This Glob posted:

i read forrest griffen's book a decade ago and i remember it being alright and kinda funny ("alright and kinda funny" is the best review i could hope for as a poster)

im pretty sure that's the only mma book I've read. a buddy loaned it to me. i can't imagine trying to actually read hughes' "mid-american psycho" after reading the exerpts every 4 years or so. just thinking of it makes me root for the train every time

Griffin's book has really good fighter advice like 'Don't look at your opponent's cup' and 'walk normally to your corner' and tons of stories about him and his friends being genuine weirdos. It's going to be the gold standard (such as it is) for MMA autobiographies for a long time since Forrest was one of the very few guys in the sport with self awareness.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

folks i take no pleasure in announcing that the dumb fighters are at it again

https://twitter.com/RicardoLamasMMA/status/1446149831873925127

At a wild guess, Ricardo Lamas is Cuban. Cuban Americans are the only Americans with consistently worse politics than Irish Americans, which is quite a feat

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Sean Strickland looks exactly like a friend of mine and lives exactly the way that guy did before he got his life together.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Please don't turn out to hang out with nazis, Jan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Was not prepared for the number of deaths he said here
http://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1587985491390976000

"kids aged 18-45" would be an all time roganism if it wasn't right next to "100 thousand deaths a day"

Eat This Glob posted:

remember the mtv show "bully beatdown"? remember when sheilds lost the striking round to a rando? that was fantastic

yet also somehow outstruck Akiyama, proving that this is a dumb fake sport.