Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

why dont they just play the game another week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Magicpants posted:

we should be celebrating the ravens and league's decision to play. now the ravens will infect old man roethlisberger with a dangerous virus which will hopefully lead to medical complications and his eventually death.

While it's not the optimal solution (That being Brady's death), I deem this outcome acceptable for the time being.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

chamois posted:

both teams already had their bye weeks

there are no weeks left unless the NFL tacks on a week 18 of regular season make up games

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I now hope the game is cancelled out of pure spite & schadenfreude.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ingram and Dobbins won't even play today. huge blow to the NFL truthers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jealous.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Ehud posted:

there are no weeks left unless the NFL tacks on a week 18 of regular season make up games

the world is a place of limitless options

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

PostNouveau posted:

It's primetime somewhere

Middle of the Atlantic, baby!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
lmao im moving my laptop to the room with the TV at work and watching football

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Middle of the Atlantic, baby!

Finally, the NFL has cracked the Recife, Brazil, market

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I get that y'all hate the Steelers, and that's okay. Hypothetically though, if the 1-in-a-billion longshot should occur and an 18-0 Pitt team faces Brady & AB in the Super Bowl, who do you root for (asides from a covid meteor)?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

I get that y'all hate the Steelers, and that's okay. Hypothetically though, if the 1-in-a-billion longshot should occur and an 18-0 Pitt team faces Brady & AB in the Super Bowl, who do you root for (asides from a covid meteor)?

The 1 in a billion long shot of Tampa being the first team to win the SB in their home stadium would apply so I'm going with that one.

There's also potential that they could be the first team to be the away team in their own stadium, but not sure if that has happened before. It would definitely be the first in SB history.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

chamois posted:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

kalensc posted:

Tom Brady, AB, and Big Ben suffer career ending injuries immediately. We get BACK-UP BOWL that's an extremely low scoring clownball affair. I'd probably want Tampa to win that.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kalensc posted:

gently caress a rapist, hail a cheater

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kalensc posted:

The poetry of Brady winning a 7th championship by making another team go 18-1 is just too much to root against.

I could see the Bucs sneaking in, I don't trust any of these NFC playoff teams, frauds, the lot of them

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

There's also potential that they could be the first team to be the away team in their own stadium, but not sure if that has happened before. It would definitely be the first in SB history.

After Katrina the Saints were the home team for a game against the Giants in New York. There's probably been some wildfire games that have been rescheduled like that too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1333857308653260803?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Simplex posted:

After Katrina the Saints were the home team for a game against the Giants in New York. There's probably been some wildfire games that have been rescheduled like that too.

Yeah figured that it'd happened before. How was that managed? Did the Giants have to use the away team facilities? Were they on the opposite side of the field than normal?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Steelers haters can lick my marble bag

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao Peppers just dropping 2gs

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao Peppers just dropping 2gs

just imagining all footballs players with wads of cash tucked into their pads, handmuffs. money flying out on big hits

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Honestly that would be a fun XFL gimmick: your paycheck is distributed in your uniform and you can grab other's :10bux: if it flies out during a tackle.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Android Apocalypse posted:

Honestly that would be a fun XFL gimmick: your paycheck is distributed in your uniform and you can grab other's :10bux: if it flies out during a tackle.

Aqib Talib hall of famer

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

Have the money in the bank briefcase hanging over the field and you can try to get it for a TD but you can only try to grab it during a play.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

if the Ravens somehow win today I will become more insufferable than you could ever imagine

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AndrewP posted:

Ingram and Dobbins won't even play today. huge blow to the NFL truthers

*pounds table*

gus bus

Gus Bus

GUS BUS!!!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Ehud posted:

Steelers didnt have a bye week lol

gently caress em

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kalensc posted:

The Sum of All Fears ending, aka Go ISIS.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

kalensc posted:

in the name of bringing the country together, we must allow a tie

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wouldn't watch that super bowl or care about it. that's what i did during the packers and steelers one

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1334120665809641488?s=19

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

excited to find out if RGIII can throw

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1334190794895462404

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I am ready to open a new tab on my PC at 3:39PM and suddenly increase the required bandwidth of my work VPN for no apparent reason.

Edit: lmao ^

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

chamois posted:

excited to find out if RGIII can throw

It'll be good for Lamar to see what a Ravens QB who can complete passes looks like. With any luck, he'll have a career to match RGIII too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

this game is gonna happen in early june

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

if the Ravens somehow win today I will become more insufferable than you could ever imagine

The afcn emptyquotes will flow like wine

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

steelers fan: it's a travesty that *marquise pouncey is carried away on a stretcher by helicopter* we have to play on a wednesday *kevin dotson is bleeding from his eyes and ears, describing the face of god*and we don't get a break and we *EMTs hit james connor with a defibrilator*should get a free win and the ravens should be punished for this! *roethlistberger scatters leaves and branches on top of a big pit in the womens restroom*

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Spoeank posted:

this game is gonna happen in early june

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1334191888639930370?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah figured that it'd happened before. How was that managed? Did the Giants have to use the away team facilities? Were they on the opposite side of the field than normal?

If I remember right the Giants had to use away team facilities, but the way they were set up at the old stadium that didn't make to much difference