Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Congrats. So what happened in the quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

one of my kids kept me up until 3 am, but it was the kind of wake up where i had to keep going in for 10 minutes to calm him down and then leaving, which was perfect for using the miserable craft system to hold a button over and over and chain up cactus juice and epic grenades for hours. i pivoted into crafting just to upgrade all of Johnny's gear to legendary. you can't sell, discard or put any of johnny's iconic clothes in your stash, so now i have about 10 pounds of leather pants and jackets i have to just carry everywhere, but each of the pieces i'm wearing has like 30,000 armor, except for the random motorcycle hat with the flaps because CDPR didn't think to include Midle Age Keanu Reaves Untamed Longhair Wig (rare, iconic)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops posted:

you can't sell, discard or put any of johnny's iconic clothes in your stash, so now i have about 10 pounds of leather pants and jackets i have to just carry everywhere

lmao

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

the tabula chip is hilarious because it only resets talent points, which is completely useless given that you get exactly enough talent points to fill out your entire attribute tree

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knot My President! posted:

the tabula chip is hilarious because it only resets talent points, which is completely useless given that you get exactly enough talent points to fill out your entire attribute tree

respec should definitely let you reset attributes, but you have enough attribute points by the level cap to get three attributes to 20, and even with the bonus perks from skills and the few perk shards you're likely to nab from police stuff, it's fewer than half the perks you'd need to fill out six full trees. plus you can keep taking the level 20 perk in any given skill over and over again, technically.

like i'm level 49 and just have whatever is in act 3 left, and i've got all the perks in quickhacking and most of them in breach protocol, and maybe half in sneak and some scattered points in crafting, but nothing in cold blood or engineering. my only throwaway perk was the one in athletics that give you more carrying weight.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Cold blood is worth putting a single point into as the skill levels give pretty decent benefits.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Cold blood is worth putting a single point into as the skill levels give pretty decent benefits.

maybe i'll put my last point into it at level 50 lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i bought all the drat cars. now i just have whatever kerry's quests are and the last main quest left. gaming with the brother tomorrow though, so i guess i'll finally finish this on thursday.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i bought all the drat cars. now i just have whatever kerry's quests are and the last main quest left. gaming with the brother tomorrow though, so i guess i'll finally finish this on thursday.

How did you get enough money? I had nowhere near enough even after doing 100% of everything.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How did you get enough money? I had nowhere near enough even after doing 100% of everything.

From what I played I can't imagine a "Legit" way but you can buy soda and disassemble it and buy more soda at a profit. Although soda machines and junk/food salespeople get sold out so you have to travel a little bit. If you put one perk into the crafting skill you can make infinite bouncebacks. Other than that I don't know. Do the blue quests respawn. I guess you sell hella guns from bad guys either disassembled or as a unit depending on what you get out of it. The idea of being crafty enough to make money off that is cool but they gotta rework the numbers on crafting because it's absurd. I don't know if it would ever be worth the value of components to sell a gun you made instead, or clothes, for example...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though it seems like there's not much reason to spend money anyway outside of the first 8 hours or whatever. I guess if you wanna pay to win that rear end really early. I'd be surprised if there was anything interesting about doing that though since, for example, you can walk through a 20 body check door in the Pickup mission but it doesn't really do anything significant to how you play the quest, and that seems to be one of the quests they spent the most time thinking about that I've seen. So I doubt they gave any thought to really extreme builds in the beginning of the game at all.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bicyclops posted:

prob my favorite moment was with Kerry, you'll know when and I hope you don't rush through it just to get to the end

shame you get to him so late, but it is a very good sendoff to the finale

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

From what I played I can't imagine a "Legit" way but you can buy soda and disassemble it and buy more soda at a profit. Although soda machines and junk/food salespeople get sold out so you have to travel a little bit. If you put one perk into the crafting skill you can make infinite bouncebacks. Other than that I don't know. Do the blue quests respawn. I guess you sell hella guns from bad guys either disassembled or as a unit depending on what you get out of it. The idea of being crafty enough to make money off that is cool but they gotta rework the numbers on crafting because it's absurd. I don't know if it would ever be worth the value of components to sell a gun you made instead, or clothes, for example...

I could imagine braking down greandes would do it too, but even that takes ages. I had max tech on my run, but things I crafted cost so much to craft in terms of materials, but sold for so little, I couldn't imagine trying to make money off it. They could make it work by probably making bulk crafting a thing...Crafting sucked so bad that I didnt even want to upgrade the weapons I had because you needed to break junk down 1000 times to get enough parts. But yeah, them fixing all of this stuff would go along way to making me want to play it again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i was only four cars and about $400,000 away at the end, but i went hard into quickhacking early so i got a ton of money every dungeon from jacking into the walls.

i had never used any of the consumables so i dissembled every last cactus juice and realwater i had to get the common/uncommon components, as well as every common weapon and clothing mod (i mostly don't use weapons and i have all of johnny's legendary gear, i don't need them). then i went up the grenade chain until i could craft the most expensive legendary guns i could, walked from drop point to drop point as i rant out of money. it's loving miserable though, going to skip this if i ever do another file.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

also it really was literally every non medical consumable i could take apart and i had literally never used any the whole gam.e don't buy the cars.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I bought one car that kinda looks like the future’s General Lee and it owns.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Imagining the badass cyberpunk hype trailer music building up and at the drop it cuts to a guy sitting in an alley chugging sodas and lining his clothes with the aluminum for four hours straight

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

Imagining the badass cyberpunk hype trailer music building up and at the drop it cuts to a guy sitting in an alley chugging sodas and lining his clothes with the aluminum for four hours straight

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

creating a mod that plays a sick guitar riff while a guy yells 'PERSONAL RESONSIBILITY!! for every time you hold the crafting button

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

lmao

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

HORMELCHILI posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Prodromally screeching "Glitched Pinecones Hoipe!" every time I hold the crafting button down for three seconds.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Why are all the militech personnel carrying staplers?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They're corpos.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au30v2R49K8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's not a mod, it's called a "Braindance"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i hope they named it "Breathtaking."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

how much of this game is left if I've just entered act 3?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What is your current story quest?

If your quest tells you to meet hanako at embers, thats the final quest

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you can definitely see the finish line. there are a couple of lines of sidequests with rogue and kerry and then it's basically just the final mission

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

What is your current story quest?

If your quest tells you to meet hanako at embers, thats the final quest

oh poo poo kewl, that's the one i have. might wrap this up tonight then, at least one of the endings anyway

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I’d recommend waiting for 24 hours a couple times to make sure the side quest lines trigger because the last ones before the final mission are pretty good but you can definitely finish today.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

good to know, ty :hai:

the rogue mission was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i have to go back and get some of the other endings at some point, i wasn't really satisfied with mine.