Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah I’d recommend waiting for 24 hours a couple times to make sure the side quest lines trigger because the last ones before the final mission are pretty good but you can definitely finish today.

a lot of people have also had glitches with some of them, so after waiting 24 hours, if they haven't triggered, talk to any random NPC (doesn't have to be someone with actual dialog), or enter and leave a building kerry's house works. they might have fixed that in the most recent patch but uh... i kind of doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

i have to go back and get some of the other endings at some point, i wasn't really satisfied with mine.

I’ve done two of the endings and watched one other. Saving the last two for dlc.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I was so completely satisfied with my ending ( side with the nomads to attack Arasaka HQ, keep my body and let Johnny go off beyond the Blackwall with Alt, flee across the border to start a new life with Judy, everything just generally very optimistic) that I didn’t even bother looking at the others. When all the DLC is out I’ll do them with this V, get the same ending, and start a whole other character to check out the others.

The only thing I missed was that I wish I could have taken down Yorinobu but since I specifically passed on the opportunity to do that to get the ending I did choose I can’t be too bummed about it. That will be my priority for my second run though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I was so completely satisfied with my ending ( side with the nomads to attack Arasaka HQ, keep my body and let Johnny go off beyond the Blackwall with Alt, flee across the border to start a new life with Judy, everything just generally very optimistic) that I didn’t even bother looking at the others. When all the DLC is out I’ll do them with this V, get the same ending, and start a whole other character to check out the others.

The only thing I missed was that I wish I could have taken down Yorinobu but since I specifically passed on the opportunity to do that to get the ending I did choose I can’t be too bummed about it. That will be my priority for my second run though

got the exact same ending you did but with panam. i guess i don't love that V seems to die like a month after the end of the game in the "happy" endings for him/her

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

got the exact same ending you did but with panam. i guess i don't love that V seems to die like a month after the end of the game in the "happy" endings for him/her

Mine didn’t make any mention of that at all after the conversation with Alt so I’m choosing to believe that they found a cure somehow, or that Alt was bullshitting to try and make me come with her for mysterious Alt reasons or something. The final conversation with Judy was purely upbeat and all about how the two of them would find a home together.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i was pretty well satisfied with the ending i got, so i don't really feel like going back to see the others. i might just watch them on youtube or something, are they all good or is one clearly the "right" choice?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i was pretty well satisfied with the ending i got, so i don't really feel like going back to see the others. i might just watch them on youtube or something, are they all good or is one clearly the "right" choice?

I did two endings the one where you leave Night City with Panam and it is implied that they are helping you find a cure. I was absolutely satisfied with this ending. I also did the secret ending as well and chose to let Johnny take my body and had all of my friends calling me at the end asking me why I dropped of the face of the earth. It was a good round up for Johnny's arc I guess. I died in the first room of the suicide mission too, which actually triggers a depressing ending where you get calls from your grieving friends.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I did two endings the one where you leave Night City with Panam and it is implied that they are helping you find a cure. I was absolutely satisfied with this ending. I also did the secret ending as well and chose to let Johnny take my body and had all of my friends calling me at the end asking me why I dropped of the face of the earth. It was a good round up for Johnny's arc I guess. I died in the first room of the suicide mission too, which actually triggers a depressing ending where you get calls from your grieving friends.

yup, that's the one i was talking about. hard to imagine the others beating that for me

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The rogue/V ending is very cool but also kind of hollow feeling, also Judy broke up with V to move away to follow creative pursuits which hit pretty close to home for me lol so that might have colored my perception. Yeah I want to get another ending eventually. There’s probably no real “right” choice tho

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Just got this game. GOG/PC.
Didn't encounter any bugs until an hour in and now loading a save file crashes to desktop.
Might restart tomorrow

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I must have gotten so lucky the only issues I had were UI bugs never had a crash or issues with saves at all.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I must have gotten so lucky the only issues I had were UI bugs never had a crash or issues with saves at all.

I started to have issues toward the end that made me jump through hoops to get quests to trigger but I was literally level 49

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

same. never had any game breaking bugs, just the funny ones that are in literally every open world game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I had one or two crashes across my whole playtime, and the optional hacking tutorial at the beginning had an animation bug that kept me from jacking in to the panel and completing the quest until I left the area and returned. Other than that, like Synthy said just the same AI and physics mishaps you run in to in every game like this, nothing serious. I guess it depends on what you’re playing on but on Series X it ran as good as you can expect

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

the crowbcat vid made me want to play the game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the physics mishaps own in this, they made me laugh in a way I haven't since like, one of the lizard dudes just started walking off into the sky in Oblivion. there's something about the cigars just falling through the floor and landing back in people's hands that just kills me. the Delamain jobs in particular are buggy as hell in the funny way

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My favorite one of those was when Jackie's hand turned into a Mac-10.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

people focus on the bugs and crashes as if it's the first game to ever have those problems at launch. ignoring the obviously neglected console ports, that's really not a huge deal imo

what people should be griping about is the illusion of choice that appears in just about every single story & side mission. they themselves compared the storytelling with witcher 3, and I just don't see any of that here. some missions are good, yes, but none of them tie into the story at all or have any real consequence in the world.

that's the poo poo that's most important and most difficult to fix, but it's easier to get 50m views by showing a fat guy melting into a bus or w/e

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What I've played reminds me of Outer Worlds where the first couple of missions have different ways to do them but after that it tightens up your options again. I don't expect any game to remember in a significant way that you smooth talked a Milf at the beginning at this point so whatever, at least being able to role play as a smooth negotiator or a meathead or an epic science man with a big gun, etc is better than any Skyrim style quest where you either talk sassy or serious. Even if it's just the one mission.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The first district is kinda like the first planet in TOW where it's pretty impressive as far as RPing options even if they amount to very little by the end of the 5th hour, but then they got tired and sent all the creative, thoughtful people home and just made them finish the next 30 hours as fast as possible.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus I'm more gameplay focused with that stuff anyway. Changing the story doesn't matter much to me if it doesn't change how I have to play... Most of these games have like... no uh, scarcity of approaches. In my memory something like Deus Ex or Baldur's Gate, hell even MGS and Alpha Protocol, or whatever will cut off a resource or a character and you'll never see them again or they'll be a bad guy or something that happened because of your RP, or maybe your failure. But people would probably complain that it's not the outcome they wanted and they want to see All THe Content on one playthrough. gently caress you.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

What I've played reminds me of Outer Worlds where the first couple of missions have different ways to do them but after that it tightens up your options again. I don't expect any game to remember in a significant way that you smooth talked a Milf at the beginning at this point so whatever, at least being able to role play as a smooth negotiator or a meathead or an epic science man with a big gun, etc is better than any Skyrim style quest where you either talk sassy or serious. Even if it's just the one mission.

yeah, it's still a really good game and I'm looking forward to my 2nd play thru whenever it's finalized. i never write that many words about games i hate

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Even in Pokémon you only got one master ball. But in the latest one you can probably get a billion, not that you'd need it since Pokémon are infinite and not very special.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think one of the major problems with the illusion of choice thing is that some of the major questlines intentionally just sort of taper off before you would have made the Big Choice in witcher 3. like it's fine that the judy stuff always ends the same way for HER, but it doesn't meaningfully affect the world or the ending, and that long questline with the mayoral candidate feels like they just wanted to end on a spooky mystery that you can't interact with. I guess the whole idea is that there's not much V can do to change his hosed up world, but that was the idea in witcher 3 as well, you just still felt like your actions had meaningful consequences.

agree that it's still a good game though. I think the biggest flaw is the crafting system, and that probably is because they needed to test it more IMO. it feels like they tried to simplify and streamline witcher 3's but hosed up the execution. even just adding a "make 30 of these" slider instead of having to press the button 30 times would have been a huge improvement.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The game’s very good at reacting in more superficial ways, there’s unique dialogue for pretty much everything you can do, every way you can approach a mission, and so on, which is cool. Like there’s almost always unique lines for knocking out your enemies instead of killing them even in missions that don’t indicate that you should do one or the other. But yeah it did seem like even in the ways that side missions could affect the main story it was too easy to get the “right” ending for it. I would have appreciated more hard decisions where you make a choice between two options that don’t seem perfect and then just live with the consequences like The Witcher 3. But I still felt pretty satisfied with where everything ended up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fseGk3Lyqzo

this is 40 minutes long but it does a really good job explaining my issues with the game, like perfectly lol. there are no major spoilers but i wouldn't suggest watching unless you've finished anyway

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I feel like there are choices in act 2 that matter they just aren’t given big Witcher style “THIS IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF YOUR ACTIONS” moments.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I feel like there are choices in act 2 that matter they just aren’t given big Witcher style “THIS IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF YOUR ACTIONS” moments.

there are choices that affect V and Johnny and parts of Arasaka, but in terms of the world most of it is "advance this part of the story" or "don't advance it" IMO. CDPR has said it's because V is more like a vehicle for exploring the world of Cyberpunk. Geralt is more like someone who is reluctantly discovering that he has been around long enough that his decisions actually influence the world, but all of the choices are grey areas at best. The Cyberpunk way isn't wrong, necessarily, but it makes it feel more like a tour than a story. in a witcher 3 version, you'd actually see the impending corporate war that's sort of brewing in the background for example

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

tao of lmao posted:

Nah they datamined it, literally nothing matters outside of the immediate conversation.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I do think this game has huge potential for DLC, I feel like there's a lot more they can do with non human enemies and there are just a ton of side stories that could be expanded into a Heart of Stone sized expansion. also they need to add barbers, come on.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

Nah they datamined it, literally nothing matters outside of the immediate conversation.

i would've said like 60% if you asked me, but 98? jesus lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Everywhere you look in this game you see poo poo that they thought was gonna be fleshed out more that they had to tie up early, the higher ups at cdpr should be fired for mismanaging this game to the state it released at

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660?s=20

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
kiss my tits, punk!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Someone claimed to me that cdpr made this attack up to justify not releasing a patch in february for some reason.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

tao of lmao posted:

Someone claimed to me that cdpr made this attack up to justify not releasing a patch in february for some reason.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why wouldn't a ransom note have a method of contacting the hacker or a specific demand.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess they wouldn't show that but uh, I don't know. Seems strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Why wouldn't a ransom note have a method of contacting the hacker or a specific demand.

Wormskull posted:

I guess they wouldn't show that but uh, I don't know. Seems strange.
using extensive internet forensics (looking at the scrollbar on the side), it looks like they cropped out the bottom half of the notepad window when they took the screenshot