Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Going to steal all the posts in this thread to make Ready Player Goon, an erotic pop culture referencing book

Thanks suckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Actually I copyrighted pacmans humming fuckhole so you owe me

Pacman's loving humhole

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm reminded of the We Are Legion book I tried to read.

Could barely make it through the first hour of the book because it had so many "jokes" that were just references to other media.

It seems such a lazy way to write a novel. Imagine if GRRM described his characters like "Ned Stark acts and looks like Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings, he had a grizzled look just like The Witcher". Sure he'd be able to actually finish his books but it's so lazy.

Or in the case of a sci-fi novel, imagine describing your space ship like "My ship was about half the size of a borg cube but only a third the size of the Death Star". What the hell does any of this mean to someone not already in the know?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Supposedly the plot of Ready Player Two is exactly like Sword Art Online (I don't watch anime so I don't know) and a YouTuber theorized that Spielberg came up with the plot for this book with Cline during production of the movie and Cline couldn't tell him "that's just Sword Art Online" so instead he had a bunch of characters reference it in the text.

Does the main character's step sister fall in love with him?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Does he talk about Japanese stuff or is it solely the western version of stuff