Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

These books are a perfect unintentional parody of this era of pop culture, which is basically just “remember this?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Elderbean posted:

I'm glad we're still making GBS threads on this book years later. It's genuinely bad in so many ways. I'm too high to effort post about it but the worst parts have to be a tie between the rant about masturbation or the Japanese players telling Wade that he is an honarable samurai.

I like the part where the Iron Giant, a parable around "What if a gun had a soul, and didn't want to be a gun?", is seen lasering motherfuckers and blowing poo poo up just because it looks cool.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

It's even funnier when they dunk on it that they seem to live the first book.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

Supposedly the plot of Ready Player Two is exactly like Sword Art Online (I don't watch anime so I don't know) and a YouTuber theorized that Spielberg came up with the plot for this book with Cline during production of the movie and Cline couldn't tell him "that's just Sword Art Online" so instead he had a bunch of characters reference it in the text.

Given that he's already written a book that copies the plot exactly of something else, why would Cline have any shame in doing it again?