Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm glad we're still making GBS threads on this book years later. It's genuinely bad in so many ways. I'm too high to effort post about it but the worst parts have to be a tie between the rant about masturbation or the Japanese players telling Wade that he is an honarable samurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Hydrogen has one proton, right? Shouldn't you be knocking protons off multiple atoms?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm pretty sure there's an Onion about a teen being a feminist hero for jerking off to big girls and it's like reading Ernests biography.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The 80s and 90s are worshipped because if you are white and were born in the suburbs you got to live in a fun little bubble of prosperity and comfort that started to fall apart after 9/11, IMO.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I love how jerking off is still the impetus for the character changing lmao.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

I ran down the corridor with the BFG cradled in my arms, my high-tops (inspired by the ones Ellen Ripley wore in Aliens, a highly influential sci-fi action film directed by James Cameron) squeaked against the smooth plasteel flooring of The Deathstar. The Deathstar was the flagship weapon of The Empire, the evil antagonists of the hit Star Wars franchise. It was capable of destroying entire planets. I couldn't believe it, here I was carrying one of the greatest weapons ever known while running around inside one of the greatest weapons ever known.

Just as I was about to round the corridor, a Gremlin shot out of a maintenance hatch and lunged toward me, his Crysknife at the ready. I snapped my vision toward him and leveled my gun with perfect accuracy, what the little creature from Gremlins didn't know was that I had Atr3mis augment my reflexes using a hack inspired by the augmentation system from Deus Ex, a respected PC game that came out at the end of The Golden Years. Deus Ex took place in a cyberpunk universe where players could use high-tech augmentations to modify their characters abilities; vision, strength, dexterity, and intelligence could all be enhanced. Players had what felt like boundless freedom at the time, and although the low-poly sandbox environments pale in comparison to the life-like realism of The Oasis I couldn't resist having some part of that old game in my code.

With the Gremlin now a smoking crater, I resumed my approach toward the real threat, the Raptors who had taken over the control room. Ruthless and efficient, they had been sent here by the man who tried to kill Atre3mis, but why? Steven Speilberg introduced the world to Raptors with his smash-hit film Jurassic Park. Clearly, someone had managed to replicate the dinosaur cloning technology theorized in the film, all I had to do was follow the screams.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Are any goons brave enough to read this for the rest of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I suffer skimmed through the first book and its still one of the worst things I've read. It really is just page after page of Wikipedia articles about stuff from the 80s with a rant about masturbation where Ernest fucks up basic chemistry in his nerd book.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 14, 2021