Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Yeah, I mean I went into the movie absolutely ready to hate the gently caress out of it, but I came away like, eh. I've seen worse movies. It's Spielberg, so the low bar is actually fairly high for a poo poo-film, and the constant cavalcade of bullshit references at least is just more going on on the screen in a movie, it's not as bad as in book form where you HAVE to look at it all. It has some spectacle to it.

I don't think it's good, but I don't think it's in the same league of bad as the book by any stretch.

I can understand someone saying they liked the film. While I disagree, I can at least respect that opinion. The book on the other hand... I find absolutely loving mind boggling. I have many friends who claim "the audio book is good" and I just have to not ever be in the same room when it comes up because... What the actual gently caress. I haven't read worse books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU