Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
there, this is more like the mizzou i was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oregon missing one of their main guys, long periods of nothing going down, etc etc. That's still a win I don't feel like Mizzou comes up with the last few years.

I hope they at least keep playing with a little tempo, makes things more fun to watch even if they lose.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I know poo poo about Baylor or why they're expected to be good, and I don't think this guy is the reason why. But Tchamwa Tchatchoua is fun to watch play the game.

Definitely a copy/paste, no way I was spelling that correctly.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

I know poo poo about Baylor or why they're expected to be good, and I don't think this guy is the reason why. But Tchamwa Tchatchoua is fun to watch play the game.

Definitely a copy/paste, no way I was spelling that correctly.

I am very upset by how much I enjoy this Baylor team, it's got a bunch of fun players. Their guards are so good. Jared Butler is one of my favorite guys in the country to watch.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 3, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Halftime score:

Luke Garza- 30
Western Illinois- 26

When he left the game with a few minutes left in the half he was nearly doubling them up at 30-17. I want Iowa to petition to join the MAC for a year so I can watch him spend a whole season running through jobbers like Goldberg.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 4, 2020

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I'm not sure how to react now that the world knows I wasn't exaggerating, and Eugene Omoruyi truly is an unstoppable golden god.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i know with zoomers getting to college now we would get some bad decisions but whooooaaaaaa momma i was not prepared for these tats
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1334710508604305409?s=20

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA struggling mightily again, against a Kent State team that isn’t nearly as good as San Francisco.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
bahhaha Purdue stinks.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue looking like last year's team, can't shoot from the floor or the free throw line. Struggling against a bad Valpo team.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Hmm, giving the ball to the 7'4" guy against a team who maxes out at 6'9" works pretty good.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

ahahaha gently caress you Wisconsin (these foul shots were set up by a Badgers player trying to draw a charge late in a tie game and hilariously failed, first one was missed but...)
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1335042591071612930?s=20

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 5, 2020

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

ahahaha gently caress you Wisconsin (these foul shots were set up by a Badgers player trying to draw a charge late in a tie game and hilariously failed, first one was missed but...)
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1335042591071612930?s=20

Good stuff. The TV's clock was WAY off though, hit 0 more than a second ahead of the lights on the backboard lighting up.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Wisconsin losing by flopping for no reason is so statisfying. Marquette has a cool team this year, it was nice to see DJ Carton playing well.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/Blutman27/status/1335072427924058114

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona was so bad offensively today that they pretty much needed to pitch a shut out the last half of the 2nd half to win.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Kansas couldn’t quite dick-trip their way into losing to North Dakota State but they sure tried.

Kenpom points out this is actually the longest we’ve gone in his era without a “major upset” (defined as a win by a team with a 90% chance of losing).

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1335358346895900672?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

SF over Virginia wasn’t that?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

SF over Virginia wasn’t that?

San Fransisco was like a top 75 KenPom team last year they're actually not too bad.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Love to try and watch college basketball but ESPN2 continues to show post-race coverage for F1 instead of the scheduled game. Just stick Mizzou on SECN+ instead, christ

hey it's on now. another game where one player for the other team goes beast mode. oregon had omoruyi and wichita state has this gilbert kid

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 6, 2020

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

Love to try and watch college basketball but ESPN2 continues to show post-race coverage for F1 instead of the scheduled game. Just stick Mizzou on SECN+ instead, christ

hey it's on now. another game where one player for the other team goes beast mode. oregon had omoruyi and wichita state has this gilbert kid

and yet, Mizzou's up 15 at the under-8. i don't get it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm hoping Mizzou easily winning a game they should win stops being mildly surprising for me at some point this season.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think the Tigers can finish top 3 in the SEC at this point.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1335705715936096256?s=20

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Miami and Purdue are a combined 4-35 from 3, all 4 makes are Purdue's.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue is about to blow a 20 point lead against a team who can't shoot 3s.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue couldn't stop Miami from getting to the rim, meanwhile Purdue kept shooting 3s in the 2nd half even though the teams were a combined 1-22 from three at that end. Just a horrible choke.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I can't recall seeing 3 guys foul out of a regulation time game without any deliberate fouling

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

I can't recall seeing 3 guys foul out of a regulation time game without any deliberate fouling

Edey and Williams both committed a bunch of really dumb fouls, Newman got hosed on a block/charge on each end of the floor against the same guy.

Here's the block, the same two got involved in a play on the other end that went Miami's way:

https://twitter.com/bigtengeek/status/1336455786810253312

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 9, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Luka is having his worst game in two years and Iowa is still dominating UNC

e: UNC fighting back now that Iowa isn't shooting like 80% from 3, Sharpe is really good.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 9, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Well this fell apart for Iowa in a hurry

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
13 point win and Garza didn't even really play that well. Defense sucks but the offense is so good, just tons of shooting. Still want no part of that Gonzaga game

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ColdBlooded posted:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2001-03-25-arizona.html

refs were told the year prior to not let the big 10 get away with physical play that let msu get its title, 6 bigs fouled out for uiuc. can't remember if there were many deliberate fouls but can't see how there would have been

americanzero4128 posted:

Go Illini, gently caress Duke!

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ron Harper Jr is the man.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

americanzero4128 posted:

go meteor

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If Big Ten refs called every foul when people hit Kofi Cockburn in the paint, the other team would foul out in the first half.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Kansas-Creighton was a good game.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

americanzero4128 posted:

When the hell did Illinois get so good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Illinois is legit, Curbelo is so much fun.