Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol you just reminded me of the Barracuda dungeon storyline hook that is set up like some huge reveal and then literally never touched on again lmfao. God this game must have gone through hell getting made.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Oh I forgot to shout out (Memoir of a Dragon) Four Shine. So glad to see those goofs again lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i guess i hope for the next game that they slow down a little, take their time making the thing and stop leaning on some of the stuff that's starting to age out. i'm kind of done with the joke for stuff like the tiger print osaka grandma, ono-michio, diaper guy, shooreh-pippi, and hell, even pocket circuit fighter at this point. it's not just kiryu who needs to retire, the substory frequent flier menagerie is starting to build up to the point where more than half of them are always going to be retreads that hit the same beats as the first time they were featured. even the sentient giant vacuum has sort of run out of juice and they've only used it in two games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Saying nothing but I'm excited to see you revisit this post after you beat the game lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Saying nothing but I'm excited to see you revisit this post after you beat the game lmao

lol, no matter what i think i'm in for some surprises. my feedback is all minor complaints, anyway. it's tough not nitpick these when you've played thirteen of them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

lol, no matter what i think i'm in for some surprises. my feedback is all minor complaints, anyway. it's tough not nitpick these when you've played thirteen of them.
Most of your complaints are spot on imo. It's just frustrating to love these games so much and see them making the same stupid mistakes or reusing the same dumb plot devices and jokes again and again and again. I love the new characters but am starting to think maybe a total clean break would have been better, it's like they just can't help themselves but bring in wacky sexual assault grandma once again

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

welcome posted:

Oh I forgot to shout out (Memoir of a Dragon) Four Shine. So glad to see those goofs again lol.

Still lolling at their Poundmates

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

lol you just reminded me of the Barracuda dungeon storyline hook that is set up like some huge reveal and then literally never touched on again lmfao. God this game must have gone through hell getting made.

i was really let down that you never go to evil mall again, so much stuff just tossed away

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i was really let down that you never go to evil mall again, so much stuff just tossed away

God I completely forgot about that lol. I know they love their one off luxurious set pieces (and are v good with clever asset reuse) but what a waste

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Last complaint for a while: why does the Amon fight not use the right music, which played when you right earlier in the game, and also that isn't the Jo Amon model. The disrespect!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmfao at Kiryu saying Oh, that sounds super effective! (Internally)What the hell is mixed media?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

also really sad I missed getting the screenshot for Why don't you crawl back to whatever boomer-rear end manga it is you came from? lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

has anyone done the map comparison for this game like with kamurocho/kabukicho yet?

one of the execs i work with is actually in honolulu at the moment and when i looked at the map i saw that there was a community college right where the vocational school is, lol. i think it'll probably be a little less 1:1 but it looks like they definitely did their homework.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1772679161733136458

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

finally past the akiyama and haruka stories and honestly my opinions have not changed regarding the ending to yakuza 6 being a very bad idea, lol.

the conversation that kasuga has with his mom in which he's just like "yeah, i guess my life has been pretty crazy, but everyone's has. Hell, i got a dad i loved and i even got to meet you. so... thanks for giving me life is incredibly good, though, even though it's housed within the weird nuclear government controlling cult. i think a LOT of the story issues in this game are them trying to cram the entire y7 party in, and also kiryu and two new people, and hawaii and previous locations. the next full JRPG they do, they've gotta start cutting ties. they've proven the short interim games work with gaiden and they should do that when they want to bring back the yakuza menagerie IMO. future mainline games should pick one location and maybe go back to kamurocho as a final dungeon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like if they want to release a gaiden-style brawler every year, i'm onboard. remake the other samurai game, kiwami 3, akiyama's adventures in hong kong, majima's party bowling, whatever. but they need to dial back the global conspiracies and maybe decide the next game is a character-focused drama about ichiban with whichever of his buddies it makes sense to bring back. also while i'm asking for things it should take place in boston so i know where to find all the weapon shops and restaurants and so that i can be hired to say "you staring at me, kid?" in the appropriate regional accent.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The next game is probably going to be about the Daidoji who I am entirely sick of already

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The next game is probably going to be about the Daidoji who I am entirely sick of already

yeah. :( it feels like they took the CIA guys from 3 and decided that was the way to go, lol

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Well at least the next game to come out will probably be a spin off so we can hopefully forget about those fucks for a while.

I wonder if it’s time to ditch Kamurocho as well, at least for the ‘main’ story. You see it in Kiryu’s nostalgia tour, all the iconic locations are gone and he doesn’t know anyone there anymore. Same for Kasuga.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I kind of love iterating on the kamurocho map for a lot of reasons but there are at least four games where it feels like it was included as an afterthought at this point. like judgment was the last time it felt like they put a lot of effort into it and even that felt less alive than it was in Yakuza 4.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I just want to go back to Okinawa.
Onomichi is cool too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

After playing Isshin I really think they should just inject the Yakuza cast into various wild settings. Bring them to space or something, dicks out for harambe. They could pretty much make any game worth checking out thanks to the cast. gently caress it make a musou game. Gaiden perfected the brawler style Yakuza game imo so if they just made more of those I'd be happy too

Actually they should make Binary Domain 2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yakuza musou would.own honestly lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Now I want Dynasty Warriors Gaiden starring the Tojo gang. I don't know who you choose for any of the advisers though.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
English dub is just the Xu Zhu actor for every character.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That part at the end of 5's Kiryu section where you're fighting a huge crowd of dudes with much less health than most enemies got me thinking about a Yakuza musou since it was already like 80% of the way there. I saw at least a few people speculating that Gaiden might have some musou elements or sections based on some pre-release footage of Kiryu using the spider tool and slinging a bunch of guys around into crowds of other enemies too. Would be a cool idea for a spinoff.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

welcome posted:

Now I want Dynasty Warriors Gaiden starring the Tojo gang. I don't know who you choose for any of the advisers though.

That weirdo with the recurring substories about his hostess girlfriend/fiancee/sister??? gets to be Dong Tuna.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I kind of love iterating on the kamurocho map for a lot of reasons but there are at least four games where it feels like it was included as an afterthought at this point. like judgment was the last time it felt like they put a lot of effort into it and even that felt less alive than it was in Yakuza 4.

It was ok in 8 but it was loving depressing in 7. Just empty and pointless. I love the area so much it just felt wrong and hollow. Wouldn't mind if Judgment stays there though

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

What they should do is finally loving port Lost Paradise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think they should continue releasing two to three mainline entries a year that are all 90 hours long.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

In Training posted:

I think they should continue releasing two to three mainline entries a year that are all 90 hours long.

:hmmyes:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

What they should do is finally loving port Lost Paradise.

Yes, and also make a Morioh game.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cool shirt.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

supposedly RGG has an announcement coming out today but it's April 1st, so it may just be a joke.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

supposedly RGG has an announcement coming out today but it's April 1st, so it may just be a joke.

Didn't the last joke turn into 7?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

Didn't the last joke turn into 7?

yeah, kinda, lol. it also might be real. april 1st is also the beginning of a fiscal quarter for just about everybody.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, kinda, lol. it also might be real. april 1st is also the beginning of a fiscal quarter for just about everybody.

they (companies et al) should move the quarter back a day. I guess we can see who the real fools are

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this already happened apparently. the big announcement was that they were doing voice cast auditions and that it wasn't for Yakuza Kiwami 3 but

Masayoshi Yokoyama posted:

But I’m just going to say, I think we’ll do a Kiwami 3 at some point. I think we’ll definitely do it sooner or later.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

they'll have to kiwami harder than ever before to make Y3 not suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

mp5 posted:

they'll have to kiwami harder than ever before to make Y3 not suck

replace the dogshit hostess game with the 0 / k2 cabaret club and you're halfway there

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig